Author Topic: Anyone know web design?  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Slaughterhouserock

• Hail to the king, baby.
    • View Profile
    • Horror Movie Fans
Anyone know web design?
« on: March 16, 2019, 12:22:26 PM »
A buddy of mine is looking to make a website for his screen printing business and asked me to look around for anyone that could do it before he just starts scouring the internet for someone.  He said it would be simple and not need much updating, but I can't really give any details beyond that as I'm just a messenger.  If anyone's interested, let me know and I can put you in touch with him.
The DM giveth and the rogue taketh away.
I have a 5 in Charisma and Diplomacy is a cross-class skill.  Hopefully I don't piss off too many people.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know web design?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 12:36:57 PM »
Tell him to look at Wordpress.  Anyone can use it, no web design experience needed.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 07:25:51 PM »
I second Nanshork on Wordpress. If you are computer-savvy enough to design custom GM screens people would pay money for, setting up a pleasant enough website with Wordpress is easy enough. Also, https://wordpress.com/ provides a free hosting solution that you can try out and play around with first before you decide to shell out money for your own real website without ads and more customization options.

Offline KellKheraptis

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Temporal Dissonance Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 12:33:47 AM »
I'm a web developer by trade, actually, and a WordPress developer specifically, for the record.

Offline Endarire

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Smile! Jesus loves you!
    • View Profile
    • Greg Campbell's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 11:20:38 PM »
+1 to WordPress or/and Wix unless he wants something notably more complicated.

I also have a certificate in web development, meaning I may be able to do it or/and offer him advice.