Author Topic: High-End OOC thread  (Read 180880 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: High-End OOC thread
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2013, 04:06:25 PM »
I object to the idea of:

A) having an army of disposable mecha on hand (there IS a limit to the amount this ship can carry... and I guess I should point out now that it's supposedly going to have to carry a mecha that's noticeably larger than it is)
B) tossing minions to their deaths every time we reach a new place. I am not playing a sociopath. :/

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »
Its unsettling to be lost in thought thinking and when looking up to start typing, seeing a spider just hanging in the air in front of your face....

Totally lost my train of thought.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2013, 04:35:19 PM »
I'm still working on my followers, I do know my highest is a WF Arty posing as my mechanic.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2013, 04:40:43 PM »
Its unsettling to be lost in thought thinking and when looking up to start typing, seeing a spider just hanging in the air in front of your face....

Totally lost my train of thought.

I call that "random pet time".

I object to the idea of:

A) having an army of disposable mecha on hand (there IS a limit to the amount this ship can carry... and I guess I should point out now that it's supposedly going to have to carry a mecha that's noticeably larger than it is)
B) tossing minions to their deaths every time we reach a new place. I am not playing a sociopath. :/

Ah, but see, these aren't your run-of-the-mill soldiers of fortune without a choice, oh no.

These are badass academy veterans with a 'tude and UNDYING LOYALTY to their captain.

Also, keep in mind that if you feel bad for the mooks, remember that the Death Star supposedly crewed on the upwards of a couple million people, and the Rebels blew it up without so much as giving them a hail and suggesting they evacuate. Soldiers are an expendable lot. And in the eyes of the folk who are commissioning our team, so are we.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »
Seriously, dice bot needs to be more random: 1/2 from before and now 2/12.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »
These are badass academy veterans with a 'tude and UNDYING LOYALTY to their captain.

And who spent the past 100 years as a teacher in such an academy? Possibly the same one, even. :p

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2013, 04:45:59 PM »
I haven't really mentioned this up to now, but I would like my character's mecha (that's Aden's Huckbein Boxer) to have had its built in weapons removed for character reasons. Is it possible to do that and would it affect the stats of the mecha besides not having the weapons anymore?

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2013, 05:20:53 PM »
...Nethereworld Gardener feat, the youkai-forged blades become in-built weapons of your Nano armor
Question: Does this mean that two of the mecha's pre-existing in-built weapons are considered to be youkai-forged blades or are they new in-built weapons? If they are new ones, how do we determine what they are since the youkai-forged blades can be any weapon with which you are proficient. Moon Vanguard is proficient with any weapon gained from the class, so it could technically be anything.
-It adds to the mecha's in-built weapons.
-Netherworld Gardener demands you to be proficient with the weapons before choosing them, so Moon Vanguard's clause doesn't work there.

How much would I have to pay for a communication app to speak with everyone and everything that can send/receive data via radio/satellite/other frequency, the equivalent of a personal computer to which I can connect with the Protectora XVI and the android organization database and maybe some form of internet when signal disturbances aren't being a problem.
If such a device existed, the Government and every other known faction would probably start wars for its control. If it fitted inside a mecha, it would be a massive bonus.

As it stands, communication between planets is a bitch, in particular between diferent systems. That's the reason why colony ships get lost and there's no such thing as a true interplanetary empire. There's no reliable way of trading data trough the great expanses of space. Information networks are usually limited to each planet or space station, sometimes shared among a system, never beyond that.

For 56 000 meseta, you can buy yourself a portable device able to send messages every 10 minutes, but it can still randomly jam when trying to communicate between planets, with chance of sucess quickly decreasing the farther away the sender and receiver's orders are in space.

I'd also be interested in acquiring a connection device to connect to computers that could be found to operate them without an available/operational interactive panel.
Now that's the exact opposite. Adaptator drives come at the cheap price of just 50 meseta to allow you to interact with technology and are a staple among explorers, Hunters, military and anybody who expects to find strange tech.

Notice however that just because you operate them, doesn't means you can understand them. Skill checks may be needed to get most of mysterious computers.

Maybe also some kind of recharge plug to connect to my android/nanoarmor that could transfer energy to a mecha, if that's even possible.
Robot stuff.
That kind of devices only exists in industrial versions, usually fitted inside ships.

I'm not looking to put levels into monster classes (unless they advance wizard casting and synergize well with illusionists). I'm mostly going for Monster Hybrid, the feat.  :p
Ethergaunts ho! :p

I'm still working on my followers, I do know my highest is a WF Arty posing as my mechanic.
Ah, yeah, I had noticed the artificer cohorts of yours, which reminds me of a somewhat  situational houserule of mine.

If you take any equipment owned/crafted by your followers/cohorts/whatever, they'll riot and you won't get any replacements.

Also, keep in mind that if you feel bad for the mooks, remember that the Death Star supposedly crewed on the upwards of a couple million people, and the Rebels blew it up without so much as giving them a hail and suggesting they evacuate. Soldiers are an expendable lot. And in the eyes of the folk who are commissioning our team, so are we.
Actually, the Hunter's Guild does have a life-insurance program where they'll offer good rewards should you find the remains of other hunters and bring them back to civilization, whereas the Guild itself will pay for the cloning of their minds and bodies.

Chances that you'll get loss of memory, trauma, brainwashing, or simply "waking up" centuries after kicking the bucket have been reduced to whole new low levels thanks to recent advances on technology as well! Hunter's Guild still refuses to disclose the exact numbers, and doesn't comment on the ocasional band of bloodthirsty raiders or space pirates that pops up and looks just like certain  Hunters. :P

I haven't really mentioned this up to now, but I would like my character's mecha (that's Aden's Huckbein Boxer) to have had its built in weapons removed for character reasons. Is it possible to do that and would it affect the stats of the mecha besides not having the weapons anymore?
If you really want you can have the in-built weapons removed, but you won't gain anything from it.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »
I am still against having 'toss our weaker allies at things' as a first resort. XD

If you take any equipment owned/crafted by your followers/cohorts/whatever, they'll riot and you won't get any replacements.

Would they sell things they make to you at a discount, though? :O

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »
Ah, yeah, I had noticed the artificer cohorts of yours, which reminds me of a somewhat  situational houserule of mine.

Including equipment which they crafted using your WBL? Even if you have given them equal amounts of gold, also from your WBL, to be used for crafting gear that they will then use?

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
Anything that makes me look less like a beetle out of hell who grew arms?

Also, the first clause on losing racial bonuses could seriously screw up spell access for me early on (IF I take monster class levels, it'll be at level 13 and up).

I'd rather keep Hugo human-ish in appearance, with the occasional monstrous trait shining through in times of extreme distress, see...

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2013, 05:52:07 PM »
I am still against having 'toss our weaker allies at things' as a first resort. XD

Would they sell things they make to you at a discount, though? :O
No.

Including equipment which they crafted using your WBL? Even if you have given them equal amounts of gold, also from your WBL, to be used for crafting gear that they will then use?
Also no. Leaderships is already bloody strong in giving you a powerful minion. Geting price discounts is pushing it too far.

I also don't care if you don't intend to bring your cohort to battle. Using leadership to straight out skyrocket your WBL is also a no.

Speaking of which, your cohort will use Elite Array for stats. Followers use nonelite array. Neither are gestalt.

Also, the first clause on losing racial bonuses could seriously screw up spell access for me early on (IF I take monster class levels, it'll be at level 13 and up).

I'd rather keep Hugo human-ish in appearance, with the occasional monstrous trait shining through in times of extreme distress, see...
If you grab monster hybrid and monster blood, you get to keep your old racial traits (actually you can't multiclass into another base monster class whitout them anyway).

Considering an hybrid's aspect is up to dicussion, and the ethergaunt is kinda humanoidish, I would be willing for your character to retain mostly an human aspect with just a few traits of "beetle out of hell".

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2013, 06:05:14 PM »
The youkai forged blades would be rather weird then.
They have to be slashing weapons and the proficiencies are only Slam attacks. The Zodar's school proficiency would be the Ancient Temple favoured weapons, which are the youkai forged blades (which means pretty much nothing unless you have other proficiencies) and Plain History gives proficiency with... hum... paper?
There is the android's racial weapon that is a level I Combat Weapon from the Arsenal, which might count for proficiency.
Otherwise the image of a big robot fighting with bigass paper sheets amuses me.  :cool
Edit: Nevermind that. Doesn't have the Zodar material at first level. Not that it could help with the weapons anyway.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:21:21 PM by Anomander »

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »
Also no. Leaderships is already bloody strong in giving you a powerful minion. Geting price discounts is pushing it too far.
lol. I don't take, I barrow for an extended amount of time.

Actually I planned on using his Infusions, repair/disable, & knowledge out of combat. Which shouldn't be too big of a deal given no access to the rather abusive one. I did use PB25 rather than none-elite array through.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »

If you grab monster hybrid and monster blood, you get to keep your old racial traits (actually you can't multiclass into another base monster class whitout them anyway).

Considering an hybrid's aspect is up to dicussion, and the ethergaunt is kinda humanoidish, I would be willing for your character to retain mostly an human aspect with just a few traits of "beetle out of hell".

Huh! Good thing I'm playing a newman! =D

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »
There is also the Illurien. Quite humanoid but you'd look a bit watery, I think.
Or the Gloom. You'd look even shadier.

Because I forgot:
For 56 000 meseta, you can buy yourself a portable device able to send messages every 10 minutes, but it can still randomly jam when trying to communicate between planets, with chance of sucess quickly decreasing the farther away the sender and receiver's orders are in space.
Can make space ships travel to interstellar distances - can hardly send a message across own solar system.
Jokes aside, good to know. What about a more local reception? Local signals and radio waves.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:57:58 PM by Anomander »

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2013, 08:55:41 PM »
Illurien and Gloom don't advance casting, though.

Paragon does. Well, it sort of does. You remember the discussion about Paragon and casting from the sunshine and happiness game, right?

The Saint template monster class can also advance casting, though its stat boosts are fairly modest.

Being a God is another option (one of the salient divine abilities increases casting), though you'd have to get worshippers from somewhere. 

If you felt like becoming a Vampire, that lets you boost any stat you like by a downright scary amount if you spend enough blood charges on it and you can also spend charges to have vampire levels count for casting progression.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »
Except you don't need the monster hybrid feat to get template monster classes. It was about the bonus from the feat itself, with the 'possibility' to perhaps go into a casting monster race.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2013, 09:10:21 PM »
Except you don't need the monster hybrid feat to get template monster classes. It was about the bonus from the feat itself, with the 'possibility' to perhaps go into a casting monster race.

That is indeed the case.

I think I'll take osle's suggestion and pick Ethergaunt for that. When things start going south I'll just have Hugo transform into...

...KAMEN RIDER FEDORA!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2013, 04:49:36 AM »
Where are you getting the weird shiny armour from? :p