Author Topic: Just a little bitchin about an upcoming game.  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
Just a little bitchin about an upcoming game.
« on: December 04, 2016, 01:52:20 AM »
I have a game coming up (5e, custom setting) that has me a little on edge. To be fair the DM is on edge too. We were told Dawn of Worlds (a separate game, used for playing gods and worldbuilding) would be the first game night, followed by us making characters in that world ("When the DM decides the world is appropriate for use"). Until that time, we can't choose races or classes because they MIGHT NOT EXIST IN THIS WORLD ("If you want to play a particular race, ensure it is made during Dawn of Worlds"), and we can't choose character personalities, goals, etc ("Because they might not fit with the story").

So, instead of getting upset about this (Hey, it's a chance to hang out with people I like and be social, which is rarer every day), I'm positing a challenge. Not knowing about available races or classes, and without causing potential to interfere with the finely crafted story awaiting you, what kind of amazing (but not too amazing, because the banhammer is on a hair-trigger!) character can you imagine? Oh, and careers are off the table as well. ("I don't know if your concept (a spellsword sellsword) would work for the story.")

If the DM running this happens to find it (ohi!) then know that I'm posting here where we can collectively throw tantrums about things instead of rocking the boat at the table and ruining everyone's night, because I WANT EVERYONE to have a nice night.

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
Re: Just a little bitchin about an upcoming game.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 01:56:12 AM »
Luchador
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 02:02:53 AM »
Luchador

Sorry, masked fighters never took off culturally, and fighting in general is demonized. Next! :fu

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 02:36:13 AM »
Luchador

Sorry, masked fighters never took off culturally, and fighting in general is demonized. Next! :fu

Monk.
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 04:18:22 AM »
How about masked renegades?

Because now that masked fighters have been banned, I have been set on a mission to find a way around that and become a masked superhero.  :fu

Offline Keldar

• Legendary Member
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »
Muscle Wizard; casts Fist!  Wears a silvery mask of power.

Cleric of the God of Punch.  Drinks punch, punches drunks.

The Hurricane.  Masked thief that steals from the rich and gives to the poor, by jamming is crotch in their face and slamming their head into the ground.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 04:03:16 PM »
Capoeira dancer.... cause it's not fighting, honestly. and because sometimes your headband slips down and covers part of your face, but in the middle of a fi... ah, dance, you can't stop to put it back, so might as well put eyeholes in it, you know... so you can still see. The performance must go on!

Oh, and start off as the God of Competitions. But not fighting. or war. or any of that bad stuff. no no no. ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:05:05 PM by nijineko »