Author Topic: Gaiden Chapter I-Taking Charge  (Read 23380 times)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: Gaiden Chapter I-Taking Charge
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
Myriam, for ease of rearrangement, resumed her nightmarish form and lifted a backpack, filling it with the potions, and then neatly arranged the armour. Her new friend would be out for a while, so she left him by the incubating bandit and placed a sword by his side, just in case it would come in handy. The bullion, meanwhile, was stashed in her obi after returning to her humanoid appearance.

Finally, the monster downed one of the more numerous potions and settled down to wait, sitting so that anyone coming down the stairs wouldn't see her--and anyone descending in the dark would run the risk of tripping over the quarterstaff she forced between the two walls at shin-height.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2013, 11:35:53 AM »
The noise of enemy soldiers searching upstairs continues, but is only some seconds after Myriam gulps the second potion that there's a sudden "click" and the sound of an heavy stone door sliding.

Ah, found a secret passage!
Hmm, it looks dark down there, should we go tell the sergeant?
Nah, let's take a look ourselves first, I smell gold down there. More for us if we don't need to split it with anyobody else!
Ok then, watch your step!

Then the sound of boots coming down the steps quickly aproaches. Soon followed by a "thud" and a short scream as a soldier clad in red breastplate, a longsword sheated at his belt, comes rolling down the rest of the stairs and lands prone just in front of Myriam!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Myriam shuffled into the full view of the soldiers, stopping just out of reach of the first soldier and looking rather smug at the success of her little trick. Then? Then, everything went terribly wrong for the unfortunate soldiery, as the slight girl before them turned into a mind-breaking abomination.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:56:36 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2013, 12:36:42 PM »
As he tries to get back up, the soldier gazes upon the girl transforming into something beyond description. His face becomes transfixed, as if day dreaming, his mouth opening and closing whitout making a sound in pure disbelief, and he remains on the ground.

I told you to watch your step! I'm coming down!-calls the other soldier from above the stairs, followed by the sound of him quickly descending the stairs.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2013, 01:23:48 PM »
The unfortunate soldier in front of Myriam was... well, grabbed, tentacles lashing out and seizing him, and then attempting to force him to the ground. If he was very fortunate, he might avoid this fate--but really, what chance did he have in the long run>?

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »
The soldier still struggles a bit, but there's just too many tentacles quickly latching into him and he's quickly immobilized by Myriam.

His companion goes down a few steps of the stairs, notices the tentacle mass stretching over the fallen human on the floor, and starts to back away slowly.

H-Hold up man! I'm going to... HELP! THERE'S MONSTERS IN THE CASTLE! HELP!

And he breaks off running up the stairs away from Myriam.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2014, 09:42:42 AM »
The pinned soldier's life was about to get a whole lot worse. So was the other guy's, maybe.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:45:25 AM by Raineh Daze »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2014, 07:49:06 AM »
Myriam closes in with the fleeing soldier, her tentacles almost touching him as he keeps screaming

IT'S JUST BEHIND ME! SOMEBODY! HELP!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2014, 10:13:40 AM »
Only one tentacle was within reach--but that one tentacle was enough. Its very touch would drain the man of moisture as it constricted him, and then as Myriam tried to pin him down fully...

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2014, 06:23:54 PM »
Myriam sucessfully catches the fleeing soldier, that can only struggle helplessly against her crushing grasp.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2014, 08:16:25 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Much like his companion the tentacles got everywhere. Unlike him, this guy got to wake up.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2014, 06:54:56 PM »
The soldier calms down and completely stops his struggles, his eyes doze around for a few seconds, before opening again and looking around, no more fear on his eyes. He seems to try to say something, altough he's still muffled by tentacles.

However, Myriam's keen ears are busy with something else. The clear sounds of boots and clanging armor quickly aproaching from the other extreme of the stairs. At least a dozen, possibly more.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2014, 07:04:12 PM »
Myriam drops the man immediately, using the time to resume her human form and straightening out her kimono, whilst offering a hand to her new friend. That's a lot of people, and she can't really fight them all off at once. Well... not yet, at least. Maybe in the future. For now, well, relying on how oddly fragile people's minds are seems good!

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2014, 07:27:40 PM »
Just as the assimilated soldier is getting on his feet helped by Myriam, a large unit of red-clad soldiers arrives, spears and javelins at the ready. 

What happened? We heard shouts about a monster being in the castle!-asks a soldier with plumed helment and emblazoned pauldrons, clearly a minor officer.

Ah, sergeant...-replies the assimilated soldier- Yes, me and  Jake discovered a secret passage on the prince's room, and we descended to investigate. We... Found this girl locked in there. But then something down there made him trip and caught him... Something big and unnatural. I... Decided to run back to get reinforcments. Didn't think it would be wise to go further into unknown darkess whitout more support.

The sergeant seems somewhat suspicious of the soldier's story, but then turns to myriam and asks her in a stern voice:

Who are you? What were you doing in that secret passage. Was there anything or anyone else locked in there with you?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2014, 07:48:47 PM »
"I'm Myriam! I live here. Or, well, I live in the basement. It wasn't being used, and I keep it clean of vermin and notice if things are falling apart, so I got to stay." Thus far, all true, if a bit strange--why would you let this slight girl live down there on her own, after all. Now came lying--or, more accurately, misleading rambling without actually saying anything false. Lies were hard. "I went in there when I noticed there were people, and I was a bit worried about that, but there wasn't anyone else in there with me that I noticed, just supplies."[/color]

Did the people she brought with her count? She hadn't really noticed them there whilst looking around.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2014, 07:45:56 AM »
So you're a servant girl? Then you'll be working for us now. Don't worry, we don't bite, despite whatever scary stories your previous masters may've told you.

Still... It wouldn't hurt to check what's in this "basement" that we failed to notice until now. You guys, go get check it out. Take it slowly. We're not in an hurry anymore, and if there's anything valuable down there, it should be fairly divided among us.

With this words, half of the soldiers salute and start descending the stairs. Myriam knows it's now only a matter of time before they find the uncoscious coldier and bandits down there. Then the sergeant looks back at Myriam, this time smiling with a friendly face:

So, servant girl, isn't there anything else you want to tell us? No secret you were told to keep? Your previous Lords are gone now. There's no need to hold any loyalty for those that failed and abandoned you. But if you prove useful to us, then maybe you could rise from a servant girl. No longer living in basements. Having your own proper room, perhaps your own house someday. Bern rewards handsomely those that prove their use to the kingdom. But if you're holding something back from us, if you try to betray us from some foolish reason...

There's "only" ten soldiers around Myriam now, plus the sergeant. There's actual enough room for her to run directly away from them towards the main corridor, from which she could quickly go to any of the other castle areas. Provided she doesn't run into any more enemy soldiers of course.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2014, 09:06:06 AM »
"Yes. You are not taking my things out of that basement," Myriam stated, tapping the sergeant's breastplate with more force than anyone of her slight frame should be able to conjure up. Myriam once again cast off any guise of humanity... right in the centre of all the soldiers, which was probably not going to do them any favours, followed by an unspeakable muttering.

Then she bolted, rushing out from the centre of the group, wanting to get to her hoard--and hopefully, they would be too... busy to follow her. Maybe her friend would take some time to deal with them.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2014, 06:51:13 PM »
Wha-

The soldiers stare at Myriam for a moment, then suddenly four of them draw their swords and attack their own comrades! Blood sprays across the corridor as one of men breaks into crying and sobbing while the sergeant just stares into the air, aparently oblivious to what's happening around him. Another suddenly turns towards Myriam with bloodshot eyes, throwing one of his javelins with mechanic acuraccy, managing to actually wound her! Only two of the soldiers seem in control of their actions, and start moving towards Myriam, when her latest "child"steps in their path with his sword drawn:

Don't hurt her! She's not the source for this madness! It's whatever's lurking in that basement!
Step out of the way you idiot! That is a monster! If we kill it, then its curse will end!
How do you know that? It could just make things even worst!
Can't you see? We're already fighting against each other, it can't get any worst! It is a menace and must be stopped. Get. Out. Of. Our. Way.

The would-be-pursuers draw their own swords. It seem like they'll attack Myriam's latest child, who stubbornly stands in their way.

(click to show/hide)