Author Topic: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater  (Read 236780 times)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Videogame Discussion III - Snake Eater
« Reply #900 on: May 06, 2019, 01:44:54 AM »
Alas Nono was in Z3 and doesn't show up in T.

Did anime Gunbuster had a cape? Because it has now although Noriko only pulls it out to block attacks, counting as a shield.

What I'm pretty sure is that Gunbuster didn't have a range 8 baseball bat, but hey it's a range 8 attack so go Noriko!

Also the monoeye design keeps me expecting that Noriko will suddenly say "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"

Meawhile the plot continues:
Original Villains: "Ok, time to get serious. BEHOLD OUR TRUE POWER! For reals this time."
(villains deploy VOTOMS squad)
Me: "Really? We're supposed to be scared of the lowest real robots whitout a single physics-breaking ability between them?"
Umi (literally): "Gah they're so tiny and annoying and a pain to hit!"

Also something humies are the ultimate warrior race in the universe and so they hiring angst teenagers and 10 year old kids was simply testing that theory.

Then they hired Yazan. The Yazan. Whelp.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 24, 2019, 01:07:16 PM »
You know there's been quite a bit of "cleaning" censorship in SRW T. Devil Burning Gundam. Amuro is the White Devil Meteor. Kamille is not comatose and got a comfy military job along Judau. Haman and the Purus could actually pass for mentally sane people. Allenby somehow masters the Berserk system. :psyduck Zagato is an high priest advisor and actually had an evacuation plan for Cephiro (which was "let's take over Earth", but hey, still some better effort than original Zagato who just went "everybody else can just die for all I care"). Eagle goes from "I shall conquer Cephiro at all costs!" to "Nevermind too much trouble I'll just join you guys" in record time.

But Iczer 4 Nova just showed up and she's in her full "I LOVE YOU HIKARU! I'LL KILL YOU HIKARU! I'LL ALSO KILL EVERYBODY THAT YOU LIKE HIKARU! I LOOOOVVVVEEEE YYYYOOOUUUU HIKARU! I'LLLL KKKKIIIIILLLLL YYYYOOOOUUUU HIKARU!" extra-disturbing yandere mod.

Oh, and Landis got his own majin mecha because of course he does. Suspiciously equal to Zagato's own... You just looted it from your own big brother, didn't you Landis? Well he's already a top martial artist and top magician, may as well be a top thief that can pull the rug from even under Judau. :shakefist

Eagle meanwhile has an interesting gimmick that if I don't deploy his personal mecha he'll just take command of his battleship which is an auto-deploy. Geo is the subpilot in that case, or he'll directly command the ship if Landis is allowed out in his discount Gundam. Still for the son of a president and commander of an invasion force, Eagle lacks the actual leadership skill. As does pirate captain Harlock, although that makes a bit more sense since Harlock's all "everybody should do whatever they please".

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 24, 2019, 06:07:57 PM »
Did anime Gunbuster had a cape? Because it has now although Noriko only pulls it out to block attacks, counting as a shield.

Yes, and that is exactly what it's used for in the battle sequence. The cape comes out of those shoulders and gets used to deflect lasers.

What I'm pretty sure is that Gunbuster didn't have a range 8 baseball bat, but hey it's a range 8 attack so go Noriko!

Something they planned to include but didn't fit in the storyboard. Yeah, all the weird SRW Gunbuster attacks were planned by Gainax.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
  • Trapped on another Earth that isn't home
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 26, 2019, 06:50:21 PM »
I made another fallout 4 video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzygBw6Geg4  :cool

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 09, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »

Yes, and that is exactly what it's used for in the battle sequence. The cape comes out of those shoulders and gets used to deflect lasers.

Something they planned to include but didn't fit in the storyboard. Yeah, all the weird SRW Gunbuster attacks were planned by Gainax.

Gotta love how they go through the trouble of getting all those "planned but not implemented" bits. Or sometimes just get the authors to make new stuff, like Mazinkaiser debutted first in a SRW game but was done by Go Nagai.

Well guess Nova is anime only but was first designed by CLAMP (although she looks more like an Iczer, but then CLAMP did start with fan doujins).

Anyway Kazumi finally decided to combine with Noriko, although as Noriko pointed out there was really no need since we've got like Getter Robo, two Mazingers, the Gaiogar Crew, the Magic Knights crew, the Nadeshiko crew and more Gundams that you can shake a tomahawk at including Amuro.
(click to show/hide)

Anyway Mazinger infinity may've been the first enemy that Gunbuster fights properly to scale. This is, it uses Great Mazinger as a hat.
Also as a side effect of being so tall, most smaller mecha seem to be hitting Mazinger Infinity in the dick area. Which I guess it's a pretty valid strategy when they're trying to avoid killing Tetsuya inside the Great being used as a hat. So basically Infinity topples over after being burned/stabbed/shot/punched/kicked/beamed/frozen in the dick about a dozen times.

Also combined Gunbuster is like "overkill: the movie[/s] mecha". Like most attacks leave a massive trail of explosions even if attacking a single enemy. I love it.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 09, 2019, 08:41:28 PM »
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 GETTING AN OFFICIAL WESTERN RELEASE!

YES YES YES YES YES YES!

On Xbox One...

AND WINDOWS STORE SO WE CAN PLAY IT ON PC YES MUAHAHAHA!

I don't know how Microsoft pulled it but seems like even they do good things now and then.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 10, 2019, 12:53:05 PM »
Well there's the death of a meme.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 10, 2019, 09:20:23 PM »
CYBERPUNK 2077 FINALLY HAS A RELEASE DATE! :birthday :drunk  and it's far enough into next year that I'll be able to pre-order it and have it paid off,along with the next xbox console.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kFGvNHMK8Y oh and  Keanu Reeves!

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 13, 2019, 04:38:15 AM »

See, all it takes is a bit of effort and those fancy AAA titles fit just right inside the Switch. :D

Also BOTW 2 sequel with a touch of Majora's Mask, seems like it will be another of those rare instances where Ganon(dorf) isn't behind everything.

Fire Emblem high school anime hogwarts 3 Houses coming closer!

A bit more of Astral Chain!

Secret of Mana new title and collection!

Smash gets the Dragon Quest heroes and Banjo Kazooie!

Gangster game with X-Com style gameplay!

No More Heroes III!

Offline trappedslider

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 28, 2019, 06:48:10 PM »