Author Topic: Curtis' SRW Additions Index  (Read 8650 times)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
Curtis' SRW Additions Index
« on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:18 AM »
FEATS

Trans-Am[Pilot]
Prerequisites: N/A
Benefit: Utilizing a secret system hidden within the GN Drive, the pilot expends more energy to increase the performance of their Mecha. At the cost of 20% max energy per turn you gain a +1 attack bonus, +2 damage bonus, +1 enhancement bonus to AC, and +5 mu movement speed per 3 Pilot levels you have. This is activated using a swift action, and during its duration the mecha emits a red glow which prevents Hide checks. This can be ended as a free action. This automatically ends if you are incapable of paying the cost and is only usable while the currently piloted mecha has a GN Drive.

Twin Drive[Pilot]
Prerequisites: N/A
Benefit: Due to higher energy requirements for certain weapons and accessories, or the need for longer performance times, some specialized units are fitted with a second paired engine. Whenever piloting a mecha with the Reactor ability, it gains 20% more max energy and it's Reactor is increased by 1.

Trans-Am Burst / Quantum System [Pilot]
Prerequisites: Trans-Am, Innovade, Twin Drive feat, Tier VII mecha
Benefit: While Trans-Am is active, gain 100 mu blindsense. Also everyone within range can use Detect Thoughts at will, the save being Charisma based and the level based off individual character level. This can be use to read base intentions on the 2nd round. You have +5 bonus to resisting others trying to use it on you. Everyone in range can also telepathically communicate with one or more people in the area.

A Certain Genius Heritage (Trait)
You've came from specific line of geniuses that share certain traits.
Prerequisite: N/A
Benefit: Character gains one automatically maxed rank Knowledge and Craft skill per point of Intelligence modifier. You also receive +1 bonus to the DC of abilities and items involving electricity as well as +2 damage per die.
Lose: Take a -5 penalty on social skill and Cha checks. HP is reduced by 2 points per die and saves against elemental effects take a -1 penalty. Finally, they pay an additional +20% for Spirits.

The Mad Secret of Life [Ancestor][Pilot]
Prerequisites: A Certain Genius Heritage trait
Benefit: Gain a Cohort with the ability to gain at creation abilities not normally available to cohorts. If you have Leadership this cohort also gains +2 to all ability scores.
Special: If the cohort given by this takes Child Soldier, they can give one of there normal feat slots to gain the Neo Skills as well.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:38:32 AM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
Re: Curtis' SRW Additions Index
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:27 AM »
Real Robots

GN-0000 00 (Tier V)

Size        Save Bonus   Nat Armor/DR   HP/Energy      Dodge Bonus      Arsenal Space/Hardpoints                Speed

Medium   +4               +5/10               120/120         +11                   20/2                                              55 mu, fly 55 mu (good)

Weapon                         Range Increment    Attack Bonus   Damage (type)   Ammo   Energy Cost   Critical    Special
GN Sword II [Blade] x2   melee                    +7                 3d6(S/B)            -            -                  19-20x2  (Twin Linked, Rending, Downfall, Disarming, Hybrid)
GN Sword II [Beam] x2   40 mu                   +7                 4d6(P)                -            25                x3          (Twin Linked, Power, Downfall, Brutal, Hybrid)
GN Sword III [Blade]       melee                   +10               18d10(S/B)         -            30                 19-20x2   (Heavy, Rending, Downfall, Disarming, Hybrid)
GN Sword III [Beam]       40 mu                  +5                 4d12(P)              -            40                 x3            (Power, Downfall, Brutal, Hybrid)

Comes with built in GN Drive and Reactor III
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:09:33 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:38 AM »
Alluvians

Alluvian Module Pilot

The Alluvians are the self called original owners of a human world that they left a long time ago. This may or may not have had to do with an ancient city that is now lost to the ocean. One which they may or may not have intentionally sunk before leaving the planet to the less technologically developed inhabitants. Not only were they capable of space travel while the others where in there dark age, they also developed powerful minds through a combination of training and experimentation. They appear mostly to be human, but possessing strange and brightly colored hair and eye colors.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 02:44:42 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:45 AM »
Reserved
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:46:30 AM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »
12-26-17
Took away an accessory slot in exchange for Reactor III.

9-19-18
Added Alluvian Race.

7-9-19
Add Trait and Feat.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 04:17:04 PM by YuweaCurtis »

Offline CKirk

• Something something optimization.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 04:43:20 PM »
My immediate thought is a question as to Trans-Am's prereq. Normally, to my knowledge, feats can't have gear as a pre-req, though they can improve usage of gear.

My second thought is 'will there be a 00 Raiser for Tier VI? (and maybe a 00 Quan[T] for Tier VII)'

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 04:52:02 PM »
Os knows about that feat and he didn't seem to have a problem with that particular prereq.

I will eventually make Qan[T] for Tier VII, but I'm just using an NPC Module Pilot for 0 Raiser. I can make 00 Raiser for Tier VI, but due to the Raiser itself being a separate unit it's kinda weird.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 07:13:30 PM »
Ckirk raises a good point, this type of prerequisite should be removed in favor of the feat only working when you're piloting a mecha with the valid options.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 08:33:17 PM »
Ckirk raises a good point, this type of prerequisite should be removed in favor of the feat only working when you're piloting a mecha with the valid options.
It already does that, thanks to the current prerequisite. Plus there are a lot of Feats that are based on using, or wearing, certain items.

Why, do you not like the wording or something?

Offline CKirk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 08:42:00 PM »
It already does that, thanks to the current prerequisite. Plus there are a lot of Feats that are based on using, or wearing, certain items.

Why, do you not like the wording or something?

All I'm saying is that I can't think of any feat that requires you have a specific item. Weapon Focus and the like, for example, don't require you have the given weapon, they just only work with the weapon. With this wording, what happens if your mech with the GN Drive is destroyed? Do you lose the feat? Because that's what normally happens when you no longer qualify for a feat.

Oh, and also, shouldn't the 00 Gundam come with a Reactor value?

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 08:53:58 PM »
Eh, I'll reword it to fit standards, but that's really just saying the same thing.

And nah, it already has a built in GN Drive and has a flight speed. It already has a bit. You're just gonna have to put it on a hardpoint.

Offline CKirk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 01:28:08 AM »
Eh, I'll reword it to fit standards, but that's really just saying the same thing.

And nah, it already has a built in GN Drive and has a flight speed. It already has a bit. You're just gonna have to put it on a hardpoint.

Thanks for the change!

That seems reasonable.

A question as to the 0 Raiser. Is that being combined with the 00 Gundam through HEATS? 'cuz I definitely want to build that kinda character now :)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 02:14:44 AM »
The intent is there, but for crunch bits it's best to play it safe. Thank you. :)

I would strongly suggest you do the same for Twin Drive. Prerequisite of Reactor is kinda unclear since it even isn't a piece of gear per se. The feat then should start with "While piloting a mecha with the Reactor property..." or something along those lines.

Also linked this thread to the main feat and real pilot threads.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 07:55:05 AM »
All I'm saying is that I can't think of any feat that requires you have a specific item.
Boomerang Daze? Lightning Maces? Complete Warrior has like a dozen and a few appear in other splat.

And no you don't lose the Feat, you just cannot use the Feat. Which is why I figured you guys had some problem with the wording. The benefit sections of D&D's Feats mention this, like while you have x you can do y, rather than relaying on the rule stack.

Offline CKirk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »
All I'm saying is that I can't think of any feat that requires you have a specific item.
Boomerang Daze? Lightning Maces? Complete Warrior has like a dozen and a few appear in other splat.

And no you don't lose the Feat, you just cannot use the Feat. Which is why I figured you guys had some problem with the wording. The benefit sections of D&D's Feats mention this, like while you have x you can do y, rather than relaying on the rule stack.
Boomerang Daze only requires proficiency with boomerangs, and Lightning Maces requires Weapon Focus (Mace). Neither requires you to be wielding the weapon to have the feat.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 11:44:44 AM »
Boomerang Daze only requires proficiency with boomerangs, and Lightning Maces requires Weapon Focus (Mace). Neither requires you to be wielding the weapon to have the feat.
Someone must be having a really terrible day to leap into a pointless langauge debate of "using" or "when you attack with x" vs "wielding" by their second post in a discussion about how someone else wants to write their homebrew.  :rolleyes

Offline CKirk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 03:32:25 PM »
Someone must be having a really terrible day to leap into a pointless langauge debate of "using" or "when you attack with x" vs "wielding" by their second post in a discussion about how someone else wants to write their homebrew.  :rolleyes
That's not what I'm arguing though. I'm arguing about prerequisites. No where in any of those feats does it say you must have that gear to take the feat. You can be proficient in something without having it. And as for 'having a bad day', no, arguing about pedantic differences is fun for me.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 10:38:06 AM »
No where in any of those feats does it say you must have that gear to take the feat.
I take it you haven't read Weapons of Legacy or heard of the amazing Planar Touchstone Feat?

Also this is homebrew, it's entire point is to invent new stuff you don't have in the official rule set.

Offline CKirk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 02:15:51 PM »
No where in any of those feats does it say you must have that gear to take the feat.
I take it you haven't read Weapons of Legacy or heard of the amazing Planar Touchstone Feat?

Also this is homebrew, it's entire point is to invent new stuff you don't have in the official rule set.
Nope, never seen them. Just looked 'em up, and huh, so they do. Point conceded.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 02:39:16 PM »
Okay so I plan on making some additions here, but I'm wondering some things :

Should I make changes to the weapons due to the new Area changes?
What should I do for Tier VI? Some convoluted attempt at 00 Raiser?
Opinions about Exia line mechs at other tiers? Like should I make Avalanche as an actual model?
Should I make a weaker GN Drive for the lower tiers?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 03:43:32 PM by YuweaCurtis »