Gaming Discussion > Other RPGs

Shadow Run

(1/3) > >>

altpersona:
I guess there are a half dozen versions out there, anyone have thoughts on the different editions?

Blue Rose:
Not sure what you're asking.

5e is far and away the most coherent and playable, but it's still super heavy and has a lot of problems.

Matrix is better integrated into everyone else doing things.

Relatively easy to GM on the fly, as numbers tend to be from a relatively narrow range that's easier to improvise.

Chrome Flesh includes an augmentation called Liminal Body: Tank!, for which the exclamation point is part of the spelling, and that is awesome.

It's still MagicRun.  There's no reason not to be a mage, and this edition, it's not a downward spiral of, "How long before your mage hits magic zero from bad rolls permanently costing you magic rating?"

altpersona:
coherent is and playable is good...

i know very little about the systems they have tried over the years / content...

so, your input is just what i was asking about...

Archon:
4e edition is also good - it has a bit higher power level (because skills scale to 6-8 rather than 12-13, which means you much more rarely encounter NPC's which outclass you without trying). It also has a lot more content, especially if you want to be a technomancer. (5e technomancers are kinda terrible, in many ways).

And to be completely honest, I'm going to dispute the "No reason not to be a mage". There is lots of cool stuff you can do with a big pile of cash as a starting character.

But I would definitely go with 4e or 5e. Both are good (and quite similar, I find). 5e is probably simpler, especially in character creation.

Arz:
Personally, never quite got used to change from tn system. Spending edge just doesn't recompense.

I agree on the overwhelmingness of magic in 5th. Also 4/5th are both much less racist/factionalist in tone of writing. Also neither of them fixed one of the big SR problems of consistent rulesets that allow for a faster speed of play.

But its still true that good GM is good game. The rules are just a toolset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version