Author Topic: 1001 TCG Card Ideas  (Read 13092 times)

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: 1001 TCG Card Ideas
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 12:40:07 AM »
Funnel Cake Champion {4}
Paladin Weapon
When your hero attacks, restore 4 health to both heroes.
4/2

Wanna Buy A "Funnel Cake"? {1}
Rogue Spell
Discover a card (from your opponent's class).

Funnel Cake Portal {2}
Priest Spell
Restore 4 health to both heroes. Summon a random 2-cost minion.

Nether Portal {7}
Warlock Spell
Destroy a minion. Summon a random 4-cost minion.

Undercity Portal {5}
Rogue Spell
Add 3 random cards to your hand (from your opponent's class). Summon a random 3-cost minion.

Outlands Portal {3}
Hunter Spell
Give a friendly minion +2 Attack and Immune this turn. Summon a random 2-cost minion.

Imitation Game {3}
Rogue Spell
Put a copy of each undamaged enemy minion into your hand.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 07:58:37 PM »
Arcane Empowerment {2}
Mage Spell
You have Spell Damage +2 this turn.

Rain of Arrows {2}
Hunter Spell
Deal 2 damage. Each time you cast a spell this turn, deal 1 damage to a random enemy.

Shadow Shot {4}
Hunter Spell
Silence a minion, then deal 5 damage to it.

Siphon Life {3}
Warlock Spell
Deal 1 damage to all enemy minions. Restore 2 health to your hero for each minion that dies.

Blood Pact {3}
Warlock Spell
Whenever damage is dealt to an enemy minion this turn, restore that much health to your hero.

Devastate {6}
Warrior Spell
Destroy a minion. This costs {1} less for every 2 Armor you have.

Junior Explorers {2}
Neutral Minion
Battlecry: Discover a Discover card.
1/1
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:48:18 PM by Garryl »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »
So... this one's kind of dumb and weird (but actually works):

<Dumb Card> {1R}
Instant
When <Dumb Card> enters the graveyard, <Dumb Card> deals 2 damage to target player.
Splice onto Elemental {R}

=---=

That's... actually a legal use of the Splice keyword. Under the Comprehensive Rules as of Aether Revolt, Splice adds its non-splice text to the textbox of whatever card it gets spliced onto.

So this could be cast as a weird form of hard-to-counter burn. Or you could splice it onto an Elemental and deal some damage when they kill it.

To demonstrate the ridiculousness of this, observe:

Zombie Chant {B}
Instant
When Zombie Chant is put into the graveyard, return it to its owner's hand instead.
Splice onto Zombie {BB}
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2017, 11:35:13 AM »
Weird, but awesome!

Zombie chant seems like it should cost at least 2. There have got to be some degenerate combos you can get from just spamming a do-nothing spell for 1 mana.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 07:50:30 AM »
Weird, but awesome!

Zombie chant seems like it should cost at least 2. There have got to be some degenerate combos you can get from just spamming a do-nothing spell for 1 mana.

I guess you could use it to build Storm count and/or trigger things that care about you casting Instants and Sorceries? Most of the latter are Blue, though.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2017, 01:58:30 PM »
A couple more (I couldn't find good images for them, but c'est la vie):

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2017, 02:31:00 AM »
Steelbark Dryad: Sunburst gives +1/+1 counters to creatures instead of charge counters.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 03:02:32 PM »
Doomed Bot {10}
Warlock Minion - Mech
Deathrattle: Destroy all minions. Draw a card for each minion destroyed.
6/6

Void Seeker {6}
Warlock Minion - Demon
Battlecry: Discard a random card.
Deathrattle: If the discarded card was a minion, summon it.
4/4

Void Hunter {3}
Warlock Minion - Demon
Battlecry: Discard a random card, then discover a card you discarded this game.
3/3

Void Master {8}
Warlock Minion - Demon
Battlecry: Discard three random cards.
Deathrattle: Add three random cards that you discarded this game to your hand.
6/6

Void Servant {2}
Warlock Minion - Demon
When you discard a card, shuffle a copy of it into your deck and restore 2 health to your hero.
2/2

Tranquility {4}
Druid Spell
Choose One - Secret: After a friendly minion is damaged, restore all friendly minions to full health; or Secret: After your hero is damaged, silence all enemy minions.

Rebirth {4}
Druid Spell
Choose One - Secret: After a friendly minion dies, summon it; or Secret: After a friendly minion dies, summon three 2/2 Treants.

Nature's Fury {4}
Druid Spell
Choose One - Secret: After your opponent plays a minion, destroy it; or Secret: After your opponent plays a spell, deal 3 damage to all enemies.

Large And In Charge {4}
Druid Spell
Choose One - Secret: After your opponent plays a minion with 5 or more Attack, summon a copy of it; or Secret: After your opponent plays a minion with less than 5 Attack, give your minions +3/+3.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:09:57 PM by Garryl »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2017, 09:23:24 PM »

The original idea was a 1/1 that got +1/+1 for each counter on it. It morphed into Lara up there.

She can't be killed through -1/-1 counters, Unleash and Persist combo to make her recur all day, and she's evasive.

She might be undercosted.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2017, 10:10:57 PM »
She can't be killed through -1/-1 counters, Unleash and Persist combo to make her recur all day, and she's evasive.
She can't constantly return. As an fyi, there is already a published ruling listed on the wiki for Persist that -1/-1 is still checked for irregardless of the number of +1/+1s that is supposed to remove them. Persist isn't a new ability nor are the arguments. But to get more rules technical, after checking the comprehensive since the wiki was uncited, I believe it's a the stack of actions that negates it. ie Persist is Triggered but Unleashed is actually two different Static abilities that require the creature to already be on the field, Persist resolves first and leaves the card in a state of 0/0 in between resolving an Ability/Spell, which means any State-based check (such as 0 toughness) will happen and since they ignore the stack Unleash cannot be prioritized before it.

So for tricolor three mana a flying 1/1 (or 2/2 can't block) hits the field and persists as a 0/1 (or 1/2) that can attack as a 1/1 (2/2). What's powerful about it is when you get into Spells that add extra counters. So I wouldn't worry about the mana for now, try play testing it.

Also you may like Lifeline. Through it was Errata'ed to work for both players rather than just you.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:56:13 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 10:32:04 PM »
Unless I wrote her poorly, the +0/+1 for having counters on her is state based as well - she'd come back as a 0/1. Then she gets the +1/+1 from Unleashed, which removes it, leaving her as a 1/1 with no counters on her.

But yeah, the bit that makes her special is the interaction with stuff like Populate or those cards with specialized counters (like Sensei Golden-Tail or That Which Was Taken). But you're right - I should playtest.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »
Unless I wrote her poorly, the +0/+1 for having counters on her is state based as well.
Yeah you're right, the way it's written applies to everything irregardless of zone. Just off on the Unleashed vs Persist deal.

Still, the card reminds me of something you'd see in an article that didn't make the cut. Maybe.
Flying, Unleash.
{cardname} gets +0/+1 for each counter on it and when {cardname} attacks, it gets +1/+0 for each counter on it.
When {cardname} is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, return it to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.

That'll clear up any confusion, beside you already have choices of 0:Regenerate or Indestructible for "immorality". What you're wanting is the continuing choice to use Unleash or not and that should do it since Unleash triggers when it's put into the battlefield.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 06:42:31 PM »
Unless I wrote her poorly, the +0/+1 for having counters on her is state based as well.
Yeah you're right, the way it's written applies to everything irregardless of zone. Just off on the Unleashed vs Persist deal.

Still, the card reminds me of something you'd see in an article that didn't make the cut. Maybe.
Flying, Unleash.
{cardname} gets +0/+1 for each counter on it and when {cardname} attacks, it gets +1/+0 for each counter on it.
When {cardname} is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, return it to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step.

That'll clear up any confusion, beside you already have choices of 0:Regenerate or Indestructible for "immorality". What you're wanting is the continuing choice to use Unleash or not and that should do it since Unleash triggers when it's put into the battlefield.

Actually, come to think of it...

What if I replaced Persist with Undying? Essentially, you're going to want to hold off on the Unleashed until it's died - because it comes back pissed off.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »
What if I replaced Persist with Undying? Essentially, you're going to want to hold off on the Unleashed until it's died - because it comes back pissed off.
If that's the goal then Transform might be better, plus you can squeeze in two pictures for pre/post.
Lara Stormborn, Peaceful Slumber
Flying.
When Lara Stormborn, Peaceful Slumber would be put into the graveyard from play, transform and put a +1/+1 counter on it.

---
Lara Stormborn, Awakened Rage
Flying, cannot be assigned to block.
When Lara Stormborn, Awakened Rage attacks, it gets +1/+0 for each counter on it.

Seems more fitting to drop Flying and move to White/Green/Red through given rage, buff, and partial control through threat. Maybe 0/1 // 2/1 for stats which will advertise you'll send it to block asap no matter what. First Strike would almost be perfect, but you'd probably have to up the cost. Maybe Provoke? That'd kind of fit, go ahead and attack me. I'll block it and then next turn I'm hitting your key creature for 4. Or you know, you could not attack. *grin*
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:16:50 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2017, 11:21:21 PM »
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 02:47:47 AM »
I'll just leave this here...

That is hilarious.

I'm surprised how many of those actually make sense and are interesting concepts. One of them (Curse of Thought) is even a color-shifted reprint of Desert Twister.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2020, 01:18:23 PM »
Dunno why I'm thinking about counterspell-esque effects right now.

Revert Existence {1}{W}{U}{B} (v1)
Instant
Exile target permanent and counter all of its activated and triggered abilities. While {this} is on the stack, that permanent's activated abilities can't be activated and its triggered abilities don't trigger.

Revert Existence {W}{U}{B} (v2)
Instant
Counter target activated or triggered ability. If a permanent's ability is countered this way, exile that permanent.

The Red/Green Counterspell {R}{G}
Instant
Change the target of target spell or ability you don't control that targets a permanent or player. You may have its new target gain hexproof until end of turn.

Preemptive Theft {R}{R}
Instant
Gain control of target creature or artifact spell. As it enters the battlefield, it gains haste until end of turn and if you control it at the beginning of your next end step, its owner gains control of it.

Devouring Bag {2}
Artifact
Devouring Bag enters the battlefield with a charge counter on it.
Discard a card, {X}{2/U}, {T}: Counter target spell with converted mana cost X or less, where X is equal to the number of charge counters on Devouring Bag. Then, put a charge counter on Devouring Bag.
Sacrifice Devouring Bag, {2}, {T}: Draw a card for each charge counter on Devouring Bag.

False Hope {B}{B}
Instant
Target creature or planeswalker that entered the battlefield this turn's controller sacrifices it at the beginning of their next upkeep.

Balanced Summons {W}{W}
Instant
Target spell's controller may have you put a permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield. If they don't, counter that spell.

Fade Into Illusion {1}{U}{U}
Sorcery
Target creature gains "Whenever this becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it." until end of turn.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2022, 12:20:41 AM »
Had some ideas for fun with splice.

Gift of Fortune {1}{R}
Instant - Gift
Create a Treasure token. If this spell's name is Gift of Fortune, exile the top two cards of your library. You may play one of them until the end of your next turn.
Splice onto Gift {R}

Gift of Wisdom {1}{U}
Instant - Gift
Scry 2. If this spell's name is Gift of Wisdom, draw a card.
Splice onto Gift {U}

Gift of Might {1}{G}
Instant - Gift
Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn. If this spell's name is Gift of Might, it also gains trample and hexproof until end of turn.
Splice onto Gift {G}

Gift of Life {1}{W}
Instant - Gift
You gain 2 life. If this spell's name is Gift of Life, creatures you control get +0/+2 until end of turn.
Splice onto Gift {W}

Gift of Weakness {1}{B}
Instant - Gift
Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn. If this spell's name is Gift of Finality, it gets -3/-3 until end of turn instead.
Splice onto Gift {B}

Chronicler of Savagery {2}{G}
Creature - Bear Warrior
When this creature enters the battlefield, it fights up to one target creature you don't control.
Splice onto Creature {G}{G}
2/2

Chronicler of Portents {2}{U}
Creature - Cephalid Wizard
When this creature enters the battlefield, it connives.
Splice onto Creature {U}{U}
2/2

Chronicler of Restoration {2}{W}
Creature - Human Cleric
When this creature enters the battlefield, return up to one target aura card with mana value less than or equal to this creature's mana value from your graveyard to the battlefield attached to this creature.
Splice onto Creature {W}{W}
2/2

Chronicler of Fury {2}{R}
Creature - Goblin Warrior
When this creature enters the battlefield, it gains haste and first strike until end of turn.
Splice onto Creature {R}{R}
2/2

Chronicler of Vengeance {2}{B}
Creature - Zombie Warrior
When this creature enters the battlefield, it gains undying until end of turn.
Splice onto Creature {B}{B}
2/2

Would this even work? Playing around with equipment.

The Evolving Armory {1}
Artifact - Equipment
Equipment cards in your hand have mutate. Their mutate cost is equal to their mana cost.
Equipment spells you cast for their mutate cost can target The Evolving Armory as though it was a creature.

Soul Shell {2}
Creature Artifact - Equipment Spirit
Mutate {3}
Equipped creature has all activated abilities of Soul Shell other than Equip or Reconfigure.
Equipped creature has +X/+X, where X is equal to Soul Shell's mana value.
Reconfigure {2}
2/2

Vehicular Manslaughterer {2}
Artifact - Equipment Vehicle
First Strike, Trample
Equipped creature has +1/+1, first strike, and trample.
Sacrifice equipped creature: Vehicular Manslaughterer becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.
Equip {3}
5/5

Road Chopper {3}
Artifact - Equipment Vehicle
Equipped creature has +1/+1.
Whenever Road Chopper becomes crewed by exactly one creature, as Road Chopper stops being a creature this turn, attach it to that creature.
Crew 1
3/3
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 01:39:32 AM by Garryl »