Author Topic: Mob/Unit Template-Making groups of weak creatures threatening to players!  (Read 28731 times)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Ah, thanks! Had completely missed it. Will try it out later.

Offline TC X0 Lt 0X

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • The TC Storywriter
    • View Profile
Hmm heres a thought I might try out in my own game that might be worth suggesting, maybe just give Mob Up a Fort save for Half to endure damage similar to how Volley has a Ref save for Half?
I think that can go a little ways to make the damage feel fairer and somewhat avoidable without taking too much away from the potential damage as a whole.
Im really bad at what I do.
A+

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
That's an interesting idea. Added it, with clause that it works against objects. Also reworked the DCs to be CR-based and reduced the extra damage from cleave and greater cleave (now only +50% and double instead of x2 and x4 respectively).

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Mob/Unit Template-Making groups of weak creatures threatening to players!
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2017, 10:53:29 AM »
Added the option to go beyond 128 individuals per mob by going even bigger, one extra size per true doubling.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Mob/Unit Template-Making groups of weak creatures threatening to players!
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »
Looks pretty good from skimming over it, especially the added options such as missile volleys or mob grapples, and the better grading of HP rather than to set it always to 30HD as per the official mob template.

I might use this version in my upcoming pirate campaign as a way to handle ship crews in combat. That way they will still matter and losses will still hurt, but I will neither have to handwave them nor to keep track of individual HP for dozens of Expert 2 NPCs.