Author Topic: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation  (Read 46451 times)

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
Re: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2013, 06:22:53 AM »
"I'm sure Shatterscale would have no issues if I volunteered him for scouting duties," Cashile grins as he leans against a bulkhead. "Oh, and yours truly will be happy to accompany him."
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2013, 11:45:47 AM »
"Hmmm. All told... I think the situation suggests a minefield. Even if they were hiding, the biomonsters aren't smart enough to stay hidden once they saw us. And the robots have no reason not to send a hail at the very least."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2013, 11:50:16 AM »
"As far as I can tell, nothing moving down there," Alexia replied, checking for the familiar weight of her weapon, "Mines would of course be possible, but if we set down close to the entrance, it should be easier to see where anything has disturbed the interior floor."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »
The Illustrous lands as close as possible to the bioplant entrance. Neart the land, you still don't spot or hear anything wrong, but you can an unpleasant smell in the air. The reinforced front door of the facility is locked, so you input the entry keys contained on the map hologram given to you on a nearby control panel flashing red. Its lights turn to green and  you enter the biofacility.

As soon as you enter the automatic lights turn on and you're overwhelmed by a mixture of diferent chemical smells that saturate the interior. The source is quite clear as the walls are lined with human-sized glass tubes filled with bubbling chemicals. Taking a closer look inside them, you can see that floating inside each of the tubes, there's the blurry figure of strange creatures, one in each tube. You can't tell details because of the lack of transparecy of the chemicals inside, but you can make out spiky limbs, glowing eyes and growing carapaces. None of them seem to be "awake" however, just undulating with the flow of the bubbles inside.

Hoho, so this is the source of the vermin problem? Who built it? Why did they built it? What are you going to do about it?-
says Tappy grinning, having discretly joined your group as you entered and recording the whole scene.

Ssshh miss, let the professionals do their job! I'm sure they'll gladçy to answer your questions when they finish their work. Or you want them to lock us in the ship?-interrupts Edin, keeping a gloved hand on Edin's shoulder to keep her behind you.

Fine, fine, I'll shut up for now...

Then Bagra and Cashile notice them. Two... Blobs of purple, translucid flesh, sticking to the ceilings just behind the corners of the two passages in front of you. A single pulsating red nucleus in the middle of their amorphous bodies.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 04:20:18 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2013, 09:48:02 AM »
Antares readied what, at first glance, looked like little more than a large sword handle. It deployed into a shaft almost as tall as himself, and buzzed to life with photon energy resembling the sound of a chainsaw.

"I'm going to engage those things at close range. Anybody with me?"

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »
Bagra moves forward. I'm with you, Antares! We'd better make a line of defense here to clear the entrace for the others.
He raises his shield and plasma sword and gets ready for combat. I'll take the one on the right. Get the other one.

(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2013, 05:02:29 PM »
Seeing Bagra move to one side, Bartok moves into position on the other side with sword and shield at the ready.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2013, 11:51:46 PM »
As he walks further into the bioplant, Cashile removes a mottled green and brown coil gun from a holster slung over his back. Silently, he sets himself up just behind and to the left of Bagra and raises his weapon whilst scanning the room.

(click to show/hide)
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2013, 05:31:41 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2013, 05:07:07 PM »
As you spread across the room , you can see both Amoebas start bubbling, while the lower parts of their bodies start swelling, two clear protuberances forming. Just as it seems the Amoeba is going to split in two, the protuberances "pop" out of their bodies and quickly roll across the floor, leaving a trail of black goo behind. From inside each, bursts out a small biomonster covered in viscous fluids. Two of them resemble giant locusts filled with small sharp claws and teeths, while the other pair consist of mostly a scaly tail ending on a long head.

Cashile instantly shoots one of the Locusts at point blank range, but altough his round penetrates the carapace, spewing dark blue blood, the biomonster quickly crawls forward togheter with its sibling!

Ganking up on Bartok, they try to bite and tear at him, but the talented pilot holds his ground with his shield, and only suffers a small scratch on his leg.

The Hit Tails on the other hand don't advance, but rather launch an hail of white strings from the end of their bodies towards Cashile and Bagra, and the filaments quickly glue themselves to their armor and weapons. Both pilots find themselves tied up in the sticky silk, making it much harder for them to move!

Behind you all,  Patty is recording everything with an exhilarated look on her face while Edin nervously holds his pistol, clearly hesitant on what to do.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:20:20 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »
Testing the guitar in her hand, Almalexia smiled. It was a good one, that was for certain. And then she began to play, doing her best to raise people's spirits and help them to kill the monsters. Damn, those things were ugly...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »
Antares hurried to Bartok's side. Of the three making up the front line, he was the one most vulnerable to flanking at this point.

Of course, Cashile and Bagra's situation was worrying as well, but they looked mostly okay.

"Closing up the flank, Bartok!"

With a grand roar, the CAST slashed at the closest Locust.

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »
Despite taking a face full of webbing from the Hit Tails, Cashile keeps his eyes on the Locust he first shot, "These here critters look a mite familiar... like sum'in' I used ta hunt. Guess who won those exchanges?" Cashile grins as he ducks slightly to create a better line of sight at the Locust in between Bartok and Antares and fires again. Struggling to striaghten up, he looks down at the sticky filaments holding him near immobile, "Hmm, now what am I gonna do about this then?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2013, 08:54:34 AM »
Bagra tries to ignore the web on his armor and steps forward. He focus his mind in the enemy in front of him and swings his plasma blade.

(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2013, 10:12:38 AM »
Bartok nods at Antares in thanks, then slashes at the same foe.  The quicker they can take these creatures down the better.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2013, 10:31:33 PM »
Irritated by the overly peppy reporter and somewhat worried that her recordings might reveal his whereabouts to his family, Vail had kept to the rear of the group, trying to stay inconspicuous and out of the camera's line of sight.

The new enemies banished those thoughts from his mind, however, and he stepped up to the front rank, unleashing flames on the bizarre crawling monsters.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2013, 07:49:54 PM »
As Alexia fills the entrance hall with her music, Antares and unleashes his own kind of metal, his chainsword gruesomely shredding a locust's head and then bisecting the rest of the body! Only a pool of green goo and green chitin pieces remains from the biomonster.

Bartok tries to follow up on the other nearby locust, but aparently the bite on his leg is worst than it looks as he loses his balance and just slices the air above his enemy.

Cashile picks up the slack firing a second round on the Locust he had already hit. This time he scores a hit right on the center of its abdomen, and the biomonster falls on the floor twitching helplessly.

Bagra pushes forward despite the bindings restraining him, his energy blade delivering a clean cut across the hit tail's main body, slicing off a large chunk of its soft body. The biomonster struggles for a bit before finally laying still over its own yellow spilling innards.

Vail breathes on the second Hit Tail, engulfing it in flames.  Then the biomonster turns its head towards him and slithers forward, suddenly lunging upwards and managing to sink its teeth on Vael's hand! They don't wound too deeply, but he feels the area quickly going numb.

The two Amoebas crawl across the ceiling further inside the facility out of your sight, and then you hear more rolling and bursting sounds...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:56 PM »
"Vail! Are you ok?!" Antares questions in a tone that betrays worry unbefitting of his cold, calculating demeanor up until now.

Rushing to his companion's aid, the massive chainsword revving up as if fresh with the outrage of the Hit Tail's audacity.

A longer slash followed. It was more predictable, but it definitely had a greater momentum behind it.

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »
With a bit of skittering, Shatterscale began moving along the left wall, checking for additional threats... and making his way to the cache. After all, first dibs and all that.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Vail staggers as the poison courses through his body. He backs up a step and fumbles out a small packet which he attempts to throw at the Hit Tail but he is too weak to manage more than a feeble lob and the object bounces harmlessly off the ground, well wide of its target.

(click to show/hide)