Author Topic: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation  (Read 46453 times)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
Re: Low End IC Episode I- Clean Up Operation
« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2013, 07:17:35 AM »
When the last enemy falls to the ground, Bagra silently uses his sword to cut the web off of him. He points to Vail, Would anyone help that guy? He's obviously been poisoned by the monsters.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »
"We're not in the clear yet. Vail, get to the back of our formation. Everybody, keep your eyes peeled - I think this isn't the last ambush we're going to run into."
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• My DJ scratches like he's wearing itchy wool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »
Cashile struggles with the strong webbing, "You'd think I'd have learnt by now how to get out of these things easily." Confident he has removed the last of the webbings, he goes to step out of the tangled remains... only to fall flat on his face, and becoming hopelessly entangled again.

He sighs.

(click to show/hide)
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »
Bartok shakes his head.  "This is just he beginning."

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2013, 06:19:15 AM »
The Hit Tail's constant squirming on  the ground doesn't exactly make it an easy target as Vail misses with his explosive, but as Antares chainsword has an easy time driving itself inside the biomonster's soft flesh.  Brownish, acid-smelling fluids splash on the metal floor as the Hit Tail's squirms one last time before finally dying.

The rest of the party regroups and tries to shake off the webbings, while Patty aproaches Vail, directly recording him:

"You said you were poisoned? I'm not  a doctor, but I would bet they must have some first aid kits around this place! We should go deeper to look for it!"

Edin follows just behind Patty sighing, nervously overwatching the room with his photon handgun.

Shatterscale meanwhile starts scouting ahead, and as he turns the corner he instantly spots the amoeba they had faced before lurking in the ceiling, as well as two Locusts under it, still covered in fresh fluids. Spoting Shatterscale, the pair of biomonsters quickly close in the short gap between them, traping Shatterscale against the corner and lashing with their claws. One inflicts some scratches on his left leg, while the other of them manages to drive its sharp limb right into a chink of his armor, hurting him quite badly on his right flank!

Almost simultaneously, the amoeba starts bubbling again and spews two new "eggs" across the room, that instantly eclode and unleash two more Locusts, that charge at Bartok. The pilot is clearly surpised as he can't defend himself from the first blow that tears at his sword arm, but he suceeds on blocking the next biomonster's sharp arm.

"Ah!"-screams Eidin, firing his weapon at one of the Locusts harassing Bartok but missing wide-"They just keep coming! We have to find their source to stop them for good!"

Before you can retaliate however you hear slithering sounds from behind and two Hit Tails come from around the corner, shooting more sticky strings at the party, this time aimed at Antares and Vail!

Then a couple of amoeba "eggs" roll from behind the corner before ecloding into another pair of Hit Tails, this ones quickly advancing towards the now entangled Antares and Vail. Their tiny teeth fail to penetrate the android's plating, but Bartok's knee starts going numb as the other biomonster manages to sink in the flesh behind the lower leg armor joint.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »
"RRRRRGH!!"

Antares growls in annoyance as he's snared, but at least the monsters did him a favor by sticking close.

"We need to do something about those blasted blobs!" He calls out, even as he readies a swing of his chainsword. "GET OUTTA MY WAY!"

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2013, 10:40:15 AM »
Bartok restrains an 'I told you so' as he focuses his attention on the creatures in front of him.  His holographic projections seem to become more solid as he focuses all of his energies on finishing this, his monofilament sword cutting deep.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2013, 11:20:17 PM »
Bagra tries slashing at the enemy in front of him.
(click to show/hide)
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2013, 02:27:31 PM »
Shatterscale said something rather improper in draconic as he was shoved up against the wall by the two insects, lashing out with tooth and nail against them. However, being in pain from repeated insect bites often impeded one's enraged attacks.

Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2013, 08:02:13 AM »
The strings enveloping Antares slow down his movements, making him sluggish enough for the Hit tail to roll out of the way before the chainsword slashes the ground.

Bagra, inspired by Alexia's music, picks up the slack by simultaneously cuting in half two hit yails with a single slash of his weapon!

Bartok cuts down one of the locusts assaulting him with a clean strike.

Shatterscale's claws have an easy time ripping trough the locust's soft chitin, felling both his foes!

Even Edin takes aim around the corner at one of the remaining hit tails and manages to blow off its head clean with a single photon shot.

I got one! You recorded that?-asks Edin to Patty in an excited tonne.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't looking.-replies the reporter, busy  taking camera shots of Bagra and Antares standing side by side with a small pile of hacked biomonsters in front of them.

Yet fresh amoeba eggs roll across the room, from them bursting a new pair of hit tails and locusts, that quickly join their siblings assault on the party. One of the new locusts charges all across the room at Antare's back, scratching deep his plating with its mandibles. The CAST and Bagra find themselves surrounded by four of the biomonsters, making it harder to defend themselves, in particular with the silk strings restricting their movements, and they both suffer damage from the small teeth looking at chinks on their defenses. Antares luckily doesn't have an organic circulatory system for poison to flow in, but his fellow living warrior feels again numbness spreading from his wounds.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:32:49 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2013, 10:11:54 AM »
"Oh for..."

Sensing the enemy but being too sluggish to stop it before it strikes, Antares grunts as the fangs sink into his plating.

System diagnostics...

Motor systems undamaged.
Combat_OK.

"This isn't going to end until those blobs are dead! Bartok! See if you can break past and get to the one around the left corner!

I've got this."

Gram Drive Engaged.

Antares' exhausts vent excess heat in the form of steam as he turns the rockets on his chainsword on. Spinning on his heel, he slashes towards the enemy at his back.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »
Feeling increasingly frustrated with the spawning monsters and his inability to escape the webbing, Cashile takes his anger out on a nearby Locust that is engaged in combat with Bartok.

(click to show/hide)
Do you know how long someone who is as sarcastic as I am would last in prison? Suuuuuuch a long time.

Bhu: Favorite quote of the day: “I’ll make love to you like a confused bear. Awkwardly. And in a manner that suggests I’m trying to escape.”

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2013, 09:49:41 AM »
Damn! Someone need to get that amoeba!

Bagra swings his plasma sword again.

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »
Shatterscale continued to defend himself, before preparing to make a run towards the amoeba. While he might not be able to reach the ceiling, he doubted it'd stay too close to an aggressor based on its earlier behavior.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2013, 04:54:46 PM »
Bartok swings his sword again, his normally cool demeanor marred by the frustration he feels at this whole situation.  He can't kill the amoebas until he makes sure the less well defended members of his group are protected, and that will never happen because more of these damn things keep coming out!

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
Antares finds that the harder he pushes against the silk strings enveloping him, the more they restrict his movements, and his chainsword again just tears apart another ground panel.

Bartok is struggling against the locust facing it, the small biomonster too close for him to deliver a good blow.
But suddenly a shot from Cashile grazes his armor and goes trough the Locust's torso, taking it down! A pretty close shot...

Bagra meanwhile seems to be geting into the battle rythm, slashing another two hit tails with a single clean sweep of his blade!

Shatterscale rips apart another locust. It seems their survival instincts are pretty nonexistent the few seconds after they're "born", rushing ahead with no care for their own well-being.  The kobold then closes in with the Amoeba around the corner.

Vail unleashes a line of fire that goes too high and just sizzles a bit the hit tail in front of him.

Miss, please pull back! This is getting too dangerous!-asks Edin, aparently undecided on what biomonster to attack next.

Run away? And lose an exclusive like this? Give me that photon handgun!-shouts Patty back before pulling the gun out of Edin's hand and shooting down the locust behind Bagra-Now get in the front like the good bodyguard you're suposed to be!

Edin sighs, moving next to Bagra while making a quick geasture with his right hand, and a green photon saber forms over his open palm. Holding the weapon with both hands, delivers an elaborate upward slash that completely misses the hit tail in front of him.

Two new amoeba eggs roll across the right side of the room, unleashing a fresh pair of hit tails that rush at Bagra and Antares over the bodies of their fallen siblings. Bagra manages to keep the biomonster assaulting him at bay, but the other manages to actually tear down some of the Antares weakened plating!

Meanwhile Shatterscale sees the amoeba slowly crawl across the ceiling, away from him, when suddenly it starts bubbling and unleashes another couple of eggs directly at the Kobold's feet. He manages to dodge the first locust bursting forth, but the second comes out almost simultaneously, giving him no time to react. The biomonster manages to sink a claw right trough a chink on the side of Shatterscale's body armor, cuting at his flesh!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2013, 12:40:16 AM »
Growing more and more exasperated at the monsters' persistence, Antares growls and lets his chainsword loose once again.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »
We need to get to the amoeba. Push forward!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Elevevated Beat

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2013, 03:51:11 AM »
It looks like the group has things in hand, so Cashile sets about freeing himself from the mess entangling him.

(click to show/hide)