Author Topic: Nintendo/Zelda Campaign Revival/New Start  (Read 31741 times)

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo/Zelda Campaign Revival/New Start
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2017, 04:29:37 PM »
Aside from any extra miscellaneous fluff, I believe Blitz is done!

Offline Clanjos

• Super Smiting Robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2017, 07:58:44 PM »
So, I've had another dumb idea, and I need to figure out how to get into Fiend of Possession early.
Quote from:  a weekly game
"Sometimes, even an adventurer needs a backrub."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2017, 08:28:06 PM »
You could probably choose one of Oslecamo's fiend classes and multiclass, and qualify by 4th level... Though it would be better if you could combine it with Intelligent Item...

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2017, 10:06:13 AM »
So, I've had another dumb idea, and I need to figure out how to get into Fiend of Possession early.
Hahaha, I'll have to veto that since a)I didn't play odyssey yet, b) don't want to be spoiled, c)in-game you would get tagged as one of gannon's minions to be master sworded ASAP and d) fiend of possession's super cheesy.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »
and d) fiend of possession's super cheesy.
Not really, what's super cheesy is cranking the Hardness of the targeted Object through the roof.

But your homebrew allows anyone to do that anyway, so you might as well just ask how they intend to use it other than risking being sundered midflight after being thrown from a Follower.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2017, 07:28:23 PM »
I'll bite that, which exactly of my homebrews allows to "cranking the Hardness of the targeted Object through the roof" and would be realistically appliable in this scenario? Closest thing I can remember right now is a Pure Adamantine set, and that would cost most of their wealth if not be outright off their buying power, be capped at adamantine hardness and that specifically doesn't work on equipment.

But either way the answer is still no, simply because there's three other reasons, one of which is that I haven't played Mario Odyssey and don't want to be spoiled on the plot. Thus the intent doesn't matter, anything Mario Odyssey specific is out.

Plus hey, Clanjos already has another character pretty much finished.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2017, 07:59:34 PM »
Welllllp, guess I shouldn't add a hardness-granting ability to my current homebrew project...

>_>

<_<

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2017, 09:00:24 PM »
As long as it's not under one of my projects, what you do with your homebrew is your own business. :p

(plus I don't have anything specific against hardness boosting abilities, just don't recall doing any myself besides the pure adamantine and would like to clarify whetever this is just one more of soro's common blatant lies honest mistakes)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 09:03:21 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »
I'm never going to finish working on Ice Beast to be able to make one as a submission.  I keep proposing significant changes   :lmao

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2017, 09:14:17 PM »
Yeaahhh, I was kinda thinking that when checking your most recent update(s).  :P

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2017, 12:43:38 AM »
Yeaahhh, I was kinda thinking that when checking your most recent update(s).  :P

It probably doesn't help but the adjustments started as me wanting to nerf the class because I thought it was too front-loaded.  I just got inspired and did some expanding of choices as well.   :blush

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2017, 11:58:23 AM »
So...things slowed down a lot while I was distracted.  Still accepting submissions?

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
I count 5 players with about finished characters, so yes there's room for a 6th player to round things up.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2017, 12:28:41 PM »
If it gets empty again let me know... I don't know the theme but this will probably be a good game to play an Ordinary Magician in.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2017, 12:44:16 PM »
Zelda has Maple that happens to be a broom-riding witch that loves to collect/loot shiny rare stuff all accross the land. Then there's of course Kotake and Koume bringing the danmaku and stealing the precious thing. Warioware has Ashley.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2017, 12:57:39 PM »
Yea, good ol' Ashley... Not sure if I meant character theme or game theme, but looks like both are easily canon. Cool.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2017, 03:10:31 PM »
(plus I don't have anything specific against hardness boosting abilities, just don't recall doing any myself besides the pure adamantine and would like to clarify whetever this is just one more of soro's common blatant lies honest mistakes)
Sorry, after a 24 hour shift full of domestics & drug overdoses you can imagine my desire to comment here at the guy who forgot he just wrote a PrC last week that doubled one of his Feats that already gave a stacking bonus up to triple their HD and as we can see, took not hearing anything in 48 hours as some kind of supportive measure.

Here, through. You can reread your last post where you claimed to couldn't think of anything and then you did anyway.
I'll bite that, which exactly of my homebrews allows to "cranking the Hardness of the targeted Object through the roof" and would be realistically appliable in this scenario? Closest thing I can remember right now is a Pure Adamantine set,
Also fyi, Fiend of Possession can't control an Animated Object until it's 4th level. Even using multiclassing to enter a little early you can't obtain it until ECL7, so in "this scenario" the FoP obtains nothing. :)

Still, at +600gp per basic pure item a full-BABer can snag Hardness 8 (and +18ac) using Full-Plate & a Tower for 2,730gp. MiC prices the shirts like Core's Adamantine, or three points of DR is worth 15,000gp. So eight points is still fairly large in context/scenario and super cheap.

Welllllp, guess I shouldn't add a hardness-granting ability to my current homebrew project...
You can add whatever you want, I'd probably call it something other than Hardness through. Like is it an Object? Does it take 1/2 damage from Fire? What happens if I cast Magic Fang on it giving it's Natural Weapons a magical bonus that normally increases Hardness? You won't have to bury answers to questions like this in thread replies if you're clear on what you obtain and what it grants, the moniker "hardness" unfortunately is misleading.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:16:25 PM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2017, 03:57:57 PM »
I'll start statting up an Ice Beast then since I'm done overhauling it.  Any more changes to it will be minor and based off feedback so character adjustment will be easy.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2017, 06:11:16 AM »
you can imagine my desire to comment here at the guy who forgot he just wrote a PrC last week that doubled one of his Feats that already gave a stacking bonus up to triple their HD and as we can see, took not hearing anything in 48 hours as some kind of supportive measure.
Not only is that a prc for another campaign setting, it still doesn't affect hardness.

You could've presented your argument in a clear way in the first place instead of wasting everybody's time by making vague insults, but then you wouldn't be soro I guess.

Here, through. You can reread your last post where you claimed to couldn't think of anything and then you did anyway.
I'll bite that, which exactly of my homebrews allows to "cranking the Hardness of the targeted Object through the roof" and would be realistically appliable in this scenario? Closest thing I can remember right now is a Pure Adamantine set,
So it was just another of your blatant lies honest mistakes after all, because pure metal equipment grants hardness to creatures, not objects.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »
So it was just another of your blatant lies honest mistakes after all, because pure metal equipment grants hardness to creatures, not objects.
:???
What does that have to do with... Wait...
Not really, what's super cheesy is cranking the Hardness of the targeted Object through the roof.
I'll bite that, which exactly of my homebrews allows to "cranking the Hardness of the targeted Object through the roof"
Ooooh. I think the problem is you don't know what the Fiend does. It doesn't allow you to target Objects and increase their Hardness and even if it did on it's own that's not really all that useful giving how much people hate Sunder. What it does it is allows you to possess Objects allow them to animate and control them. So you increase the Hardness of the target of your possession so when you use it as your body it's fairly hard to kill. Like a Dwarvencraft Obdurium statue hit with a CL20 Hardening Spell cast on it prevents 42 damage per hit making it a great choice for your target.

This is also why Pure Crafting giving Creatures Hardness makes it relevant and why the technicality that Devotion doesn't use the term "Hardness" doesn't matter. Like at ECL7 a Conscience Android can prevent 42 points of damage per hit in addition to any other bonuses they obtain. You're not trying to change an Object for pretty much no reason, but to reduce damage you are taking.

You could've presented your argument in a clear way in the first place instead of wasting everybody's time by making vague insults, but then you wouldn't be soro I guess.
There wasn't anything insulting intended until the more recent post, which you provoked first, and clear communication is a problem everywhere as you should more than well know. Like quoting my sentence and trying to use it as if it meant something else other than the obvious answer.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 10:58:24 AM by SorO_Lost »