Author Topic: Campaign Thread VII: F___ Marriage...  (Read 179990 times)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Campaign Thread VII: F___ Marriage...
« on: May 15, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »
And so we continue

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Campaign Thread VII: F___ Marriage...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 10:28:40 AM »
Bar time it is!  So, where's your airship tranansport?
Magitek tank?
Carriage?
Oh, fine I'll ferry you. You can pay your fee by getting me drinks on the bar.

Morte slams the base of her scythe in the ground, and a pool of greenish water forms at her feet, after which suddenly the same boat you saw her arrive in emerges from the small pool, lifting Morte alongside with it before the boat falls down and stablizes.

All aboard my caravela! Next stop, prophecy bar!

The boat doesn't seem like it can hold more than a couple of people, but as soon as anyone steps on it, it stretches longer and a bit wider, making sure there's enough space for every passenger to sit confortably.

As soon as everybody who was willing was inside, Morte would start using her scythe as a lever to propel her boat forwards, more green water miracously forming in the path to let the boat float whitout problems. It dried up as soon as the ferry had moved over.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:36:05 AM by oslecamo »

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:31:08 PM »
os

(click to show/hide)

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 09:26:08 AM »
"You have a land boat?! That's fucking awesome!"

Mustave is the first to jump in.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 04:23:16 PM »
And so the party finds itslef whisked away to the Broken Kneecap, whilst Bartholomeow guards the home base along with the party Cleric. 

Nina is quite happy to see you, giving everyone the usual bonecrushing hugz.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 07:29:50 PM »
Entering with everyone else, the man in the mask grins and says, "¡Hola, Señorita! My name is El Canrgrejo! It is my pleasure to meet you. Have you perhaps given thought to a career in the thrilling world of Lucha Libre?"

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 03:08:25 AM »
"OMG Your famous!! You must meet Mr Hooey, he is a huge fan!"

She returns holding a baby Owlbear which would be attempting to violently murder you were she not restraining it.  Her innocent eyes do not seem to perceive his violent tendencies.

Incidentally she has one of the strongest grips you have ever known.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 09:03:50 PM »
Some of you notice a shaggy, anthropomorphic viking mouse setting on the bar.  It's Bjudr.  unlike normal he's only beligerently drunk.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 11:33:59 PM »
"Hey, Bjudr, I've got a stumper for ya. I was wondering if you could help us make heads or tails of this prophesy."

Mustave tells Bjudr about the prophesy.
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 12:00:42 AM »
"Hey, Bjudr, I've got a stumper for ya. I was wondering if you could help us make heads or tails of this prophesy."

Mustave tells Bjudr about the prophesy.

His eyes glaze over as he is listening, and begin to suddenly glow a phosphorescent green.  He begins to slowly levitate above the bar and speaks in a thunderous voice:

"YEAH VERILY, WILL DOOM COME UNTO SARNATH AND IT'S PEOPLE!  AND THEIR FESTERING SPIRITS SHALL DANCE AMONG THE RUINS OF THEIR FORMER GLORIES!"

He then slowly returns to normal and nudges the viking next to him.

"You write all that down like usual Al?"

"Yup"

"Cool.  Sorry about that guys, prophecy sneaks up on you at the oddest time.  You or the kid got a written copy of this thing?"

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 08:36:13 AM »
With a touchof her scythe, Morte's boat somehow sinks into the wet floor below, and in a few seconds the leftover greenish water completely dries up. She then adjusts her dress, approaches Bjudr, makes a small bow, and starts talking in a most polite voice, a tone quite different from the one she used on the guild:

Greeting Bjudr the prophet! It's an honor to meet you in person! I'm Menina Morte, an humble ferrywoman and part-time mercenary.

There is a scroll with the relevant prophecy written, and by all rights it belongs to the boy.

But somebody has conspired against us by delaying the court processes, so that the scroll is bound by bureaucracy laws and the boy is denied acess to it.

That or they're just really incompetent. You know how the system works. Delays piled one above another.

We were hopping you could put in a good word for us so that we could gain faster acess to the scroll in question. If you explain them the urgency of the situation, I'm sure they'll speed up the whole thing.

(click to show/hide)

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:57 AM »
Mustave watches, hoping Morte's more eloquent request will get Bjudr to give us some info.
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 05:31:53 PM »
ooc: sorry guys i somehow missed oslecamos post (and Ive been desperately trying to make rent).

"Would this kid be the Chosen One who walked in with you?  If it is he'll make your life interesting.  You! Boy! Get over here!

The two of them chat for a moment and Bjudr gets back to you.

"Okay without seeing the original here's what I can tell you.  This boys is what we in the prophecy bidness call a 'Chosen One', which is a polite way of saying the Gawds above have decided to fuck up his life in some way.  It's an old, old prophecy so it's written from the point of view of a society that's no longer about, which may complicate things.  Their definition of abomination and witchcraft may not be the same as the modern ones, or it could just be they liked to indulge in hyperbole.  That he hasn't been given access to the scroll may also imply you have a problem with what we like to call an 'Adversary'.  Adversaries usually are linked to the prophecy, or stand to benefit from it somehow.  They'll try to manipulate events in such a way that the prophecy fails, or so that they get some goal accomplished.  The first one is impossible.  If it says this kid will kill something and then be married, it's gonna happen one way or the other, it just might not take the form he or anyone else anticipates.  For example if he's killed someone who assumes his identity could fulfill the prophecy.  People can try getting rich or something of the prophecy though, so he'll need people to look after him and try to make sure things don't go too badly.  Plus you may be able to influence things so that the prophecy is technically fulfilled in a way that helps him out.  Try visiting the temple of Mimi on the Street of the Gawds.  They keep records on prophecies so they can maybe help."

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 07:34:40 AM »
"Thanks, bud! Can I buy you a drink?"
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »
"Absolutely."  :smirk

At this point the Grigovakis clan comes over to say hi and see how you've been doing, and meet the new guys.

There's also a Gnome calling himself El Gigante screaming drunken gibberish at El Cangrejo.  At least you think that's whats happening.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »
Mustave buys Bjudr a drink (OOC: how much does it cost?), but tries to keep things moving along at a polite pace.

"So, guys, do you want to go to the temple of Mimi?"
My creations

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 01:28:05 PM »
Bowing once more to Bjudr, Morte expresses her thanks

That was most helpful oh great prophet. Now if you will excuse us we have to continue our quest of cheating the fate bitch! For mi-our mutual profit!

Mustave buys Bjudr a drink (OOC: how much does it cost?), but tries to keep things moving along at a polite pace.

"So, guys, do you want to go to the temple of Mimi?"

But of course! All aboard the ferry to the house of fate!

Morte opens the tavern door and outside summons forth her wooden boat once more, waits a bit for anybody else interested to get inside, then the vessel abruptly propels itself at great speed towards the Street of the Gawds, leaving behind in the roard trough which it passed a trail of greenish bubling water that soon evaporates.

Offline Frogman55

• I'm not very new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »
Spittle hops on the boat, taking a careful spot near the center.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »
And with some drunken fanfare (and an unintelligible gnome ranting at El Cangrejo) you are ferried off to the Street of the Gawds, a gated road which seems impossibly long and contains a temple to every known Gawd.  It is a loud bustling place with pilgrims of a variety of religions practicing festivals, evangelists of all kinds variously promising salvation or damnation (or maybe just really good beer), and all manner of fooferaw.

Until you get there.

Then everyone just stares silently as you pass by to the Temple of Mimi where  you are greeted by an old woman who looks at you and says:

"fuck"

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 09:36:29 PM »
Then everyone just stares silently as you pass by to the Temple of Mimi where  you are greeted by an old woman who looks at you and says:

"fuck"

Mustave looks behind him, puzzled, then gets off the boat.

"Hi! We have a question. We were hoping you could help us make heads or tails of an ancient prophesy."
My creations