Author Topic: Dead Earth: A New Beginning  (Read 66451 times)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Earth: A New Beginning
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
After dismissing a fleeting though of hanging out the door to swing his axe, Chuck decides his best effort should be helping Builder keep the ambulance on all four wheels.  He slides into the passenger seat and watches for debris; making a quick look out the side window to make sure it is clear.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

Offline maggieloo72

• Seek the truth and challenge the norm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2012, 05:37:41 PM »
Lily hears the anger and frustration in Builder's voice and quickly looks to get that man his firearm. Once she's precariously made her way across the swerving ambulance, Lily delivers the shotgun to their driver. "The others have fallen behind. Get that bastard, Builder!"

(click to show/hide)

Status
HP: 21
AC: 23
AP: 10

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2012, 08:33:47 AM »
Hudson switches weapons, noticing the bikers that have fallen behind are slowly catching up again. They'll be within range soon.

"Watch out"! Chuck yells, pointing at a fallen power line. Builder swerves up onto the side walk with a bump, barely avoiding it and comes back down after he passes it with another thud.

The bikers next to him aren't so lucky. They hit the fallen pole and go flying off the bike to slam into a park car with lethal force. Glass and bone shatter as the bodies fall like rag dolls to the ground. Builder literally has the shotgun in hand as he watches the event through his side mirror, Lily's words still echoing in his ears.

The other bikers do not stop though, they continue to give chase, leaving behind their fallen brethren without so much as a glance.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »
Chuck scans the horizon for potential road hazards, and gives the passenger window another look to check for surprises.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• I wanna be a fire truck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33:37 AM »
"Huh. That takes all the fun out of it... Shit, I see it."

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline shallowesoul

• the past is never dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2012, 07:44:08 AM »
Hudson readies himself to fire upon the remaining biker when they reach range, shooting one pistol at the bike an the other at the riders. he thinks to himself i guess this guys a little tougher than i gave him credit for. i wont make that mistake this again!

Actions
(click to show/hide)

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »
After hearing the horrific crash, Lily steadies herself for an assist shot toward the other biker in Hudson's aim. We're so close... we can get rid of these fools!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 03, 2012, 03:31:27 PM »
With Chuck and Builder in the front seat the party navigates through the hostile environment, dodging debris and abandoned vehicles. Builder jerks the wheel and dodges a truck left in the middle of the road with it's doors open. The ambulance hits a door, nearly tearing it off. The bikers follow behind closely now, the one on the back firing his pistol again to no avail.

Lily and Hudson both aim their guns through the small window panes and fire away. Both the biker and the rider are struck and the bike goes down throwing both of them off to skid across the ground. The bike rolls over one of them. Both look quite dead though. Lily turns to Hudson and they both nod to each other. It's over. Lily taps Builder on the shoulder and he looks out his rear view mirror to see they are no longer being chased. He slows down to an appropriate, more controllable speed.

Viona sits up from where she had been crouched down in the corner. She cursed in Russian again and looked out the window pane, "I thought you'd never get rid of them. Pesky gang, count on some people to be assholes when society crumbles. Expect some to be monsters".

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »
Hudson holsters his pistols, steps over to the stretcher and sits with a 'thud'. "well then. i guess that takes care of that... so how much further we have till we're at the fort? im starting to feel a little cooped up in here. would be nice to stretch once we get there."

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »
Builder looks confused, but tries to take it in stride. "Ummm... While you were out, I think we decided to head toward Parasol. Either that, or I've lost my ******* mind." He grins, and looks up "Which is possible. But either way, we're heading towards Parasol, so let me know if I need to turn around..."

(click to show/hide)
"I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ Oh, I'm about to whip somebody's ass/ You better just leave me alone, or you're gonna have ta send me home/ Cause I'm about to whip somebody's ass" -Ray's Song

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2012, 10:50:02 PM »
"No, Builder, you're good." Lily addresses Hudson as he sits on he stretcher, still as tall as she is standing.  "We are going to Parasol, Hudson. We need to do what we can to get some answers, and hopefully an antidote. And I do believe we are getting close. Now that you've been through the change... how are you feeling? Are you ready to figure out how the hell this happened to our city?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »
The party continues on their way down the roads. Everywhere they drove the scenes were the same. The aftermath of carnage. And it was quiet. As if everyone else was gone but themselves. Cars abandoned everywhere and many crashed into buildings, lampposts, other cars, dead, half-eaten bodies littering the ground and sidewalk, and signs of looting everywhere. Here and there Infected tried to chase them but even driving relatively slow the Infected were outpaced. Luckily they had not encountered anything...bigger.

It was not long before the party reached the Parasol Corporation main building's parking lot. This was it. The place where the initial infection come up from under the ground and touched the outside world. The parking lot is mainly empty, only a car here and there remaining. As the party exits the vehicle they notice a convertible has driven straight through the glass doors in the front and is blocking the entrance. An 3/4 empty liquor bottle lays in the driver's seat.

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2012, 12:08:17 PM »
Taking a quick look around, Chuck says, "Well, waste not, want not," as he reaches in to grab the bottle.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Mystic Lemur

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2012, 07:38:10 PM »
"A'ight, y'all. Don't forget to grab anything you think we'll need from the ambulance. We may not come out the same way we came in." <Hell, we may not come out at all.>

(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:17 PM »
Hudson feels as though hes some sort of one man army carrying his two pistols, the SMG on his back, and his AK-47 in hand as he steps out the back of the ambulance. well i guess this is either the end of the road, or the beginning of a long gruesome adventure.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:10:47 PM by shallowesoul »

Offline maggieloo72

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2012, 12:06:11 AM »
"Well, it is nice to be out of that and back with my feet on the ground. Let's try to keep it that way for a bit." While exiting the ambulance, Lily did a quick look-and-grab for some antiseptics and bandages. She stashes the goods in her pockets and reloads her desert eagle before approaching the ruined entrance of the Parasol building. "Strange that it's so quiet and empty here, eh boys?" She lets her senses take over, searching for sight or sound of anything threatening.

(click to show/hide)

Status
(click to show/hide)

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2012, 07:43:09 AM »
Hudson nods in agreement yea it does seem a little too silent for the time being. but i suppose an eerie silence trumps a mob of brain dead infected. with that said Hudson looks around the area for anything strange or dangerous, he also tries to listen for anything off in the distance as well.

Actions
(click to show/hide)

Offline thecajunone

• Honorary Mod
  • Smoke er'ry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2012, 05:40:52 AM »
Lily and Hudson both look carefully in all directions. To the west is a resident area, Tennyson Heights, where many two story houses are kept inside a gated area. South and East the city stretches on and on, giving way to commercial and industrial services on the other side of the road. The parking lot is mostly empty, just several vehicles here and there, as if it's just a lazy Sunday afternoon and the maintenance is in for a couple hours.

The Parasol Corporation building nearly blocks all view of North. The building looks just like one of the large banks downtown, easily over 20 stories high but know what knows why. Well, with Parasol it made sense, they were a huge company after all and this one of their main buildings. At the top of the building stood their symbol, the large red and white parasol sticking from the roof, with the company's slogan on the building's face below. "Parasol Corp, keeping you dry when life gives you storms".

As their eyes follow the building down they notice a couple broken windows and looking around, glass on the ground as well. A body lies not too far off the glass, a mass of black congealed blood around the face down body. Falling from so high had made a pancake of the person, you couldn't even tell what sex they were from here. Viona stands in their peripherals tapping her foot impatiently and scanning the area for danger.

Turning back to the bottom of the building they see the double glass doors that is the main entrance. Wedged half way through the doors, blocking most of the space but a small area to slip through above the windshield is a light blue convertible. The key's are still in the ignition and the liquor bottle, a bottle of whiskey, now in Chuck's hands. The license plate is a vanity plate, it reads "reddit".

They both listen out for danger. In the far distance Hudson hears a slight hum, like that of a helicopter. Otherwise they both only hear the tapping of Viona's foot.

Builder wipes a hand across his forehead, felt like he was sweating. Strange, wasn't too hot outside. Viona watches him curiously.

Offline shallowesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2012, 06:24:37 AM »
Hudson wears a look of confusion wondering if what he heard was really what he thought it was. He thinks to himself well even if it isnt, i should tell the others. Also it would probably be a good idea for us to get inside. Hudson walks towards the entrance of the building and stops behind the convertible. well guys im not completely sure what i heard, but i think it was a helicopter off in the distance. So i dont know about you, but i dont feel like standing around out here in broad daylight when that thing shows up, if it even shows up. So i think it would be a good idea to wrap this up and head inside.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:26:34 AM by shallowesoul »

Offline Gnomeo

• Legendary Member
  • Gnomercy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2012, 11:59:15 AM »
"I agree.  The longer we wait out here, the more we invite unpleasant company."

Chuck takes a quick equipment check, and nods when satisfied that his gear is in order.