Author Topic: Souls of Arhosa  (Read 30401 times)

Offline Omck4heroes

• View Profile
Re: Souls of Arhosa
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2019, 12:56:20 PM »
Making sure the farmers can't hear him, Jarn says

"Maybe we should go, let the Kier have them, then come back when they are busy"
Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives, oblivious.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2019, 08:17:29 AM »
The sun drawing down in the sky sent the farmers into a ragged frenzy, rushing about to collect all and sundry into the meagre protection of the palisade they had built. The old man, his weaknesses evidence as he stumbled towards what warmth it offered, called for the others to come inside and rest. There was no inn, no ready shelter, but an empty hut might stand them in good stead for a night.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2019, 03:43:33 PM »
As she pulls back, Gwaedwen drops her cutesy act quickly, and as soon as she is out of sight of the treeline, forcefully tosses her flower bouquet to the ground.

"It seems useless. Best we can do is to hope for a night attack and catch them in the act. Although they will see better than any of us."
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 03:10:48 PM by Skyrock »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
"It certainly nullifies my ability to shoot back, but if they want anything they'll have to get in close," Red says, heading towards the town and drumming her gauntleted fingers on the arbalest, in thought.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2019, 08:24:01 PM »
"I prefer seeing my enemies die up close." Ebony agrees.
Hmm.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2019, 10:40:36 AM »
Dawn turned the sky a light pink as the sun crept over the horizon, altering both those who had slept and those who had not that the day had arrived afresh. The villagers crawled from their homes, peering over the top of the wooden posts that protected their home, and looking out at the fields.

"Undespoiled", one could be heard to mutter.

"Perhaps they left?"

As one, eyes turned to Red and her compatriots as they appeared.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2019, 08:13:28 AM »
A ghost moves swiftly through the treeline and tall grasses, a hunter doing its best to remain unseen and also to see all. It watches the village, hoping the find either its prey to descend upon, or safe harbor from which to gather information. Still, it hesitates to approach just yet... not until it is sure of the situation into which it finds itself.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Omck4heroes

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2019, 11:20:23 AM »
Unseen eyes pick out the hunter, and watch carefully

Perception: 26

Stealth: 33
Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives, oblivious.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2019, 11:37:43 AM »
Red leans on her scythe, looking out at the trees without really taking anything in... and standing easily visible over the palisade. "Maybe they left entirely when they saw it would be a hard fight, or maybe they're just waiting for us to leave."

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2019, 01:55:05 PM »
Gwaedwen wakes up, her sharp teeth gone and her appearance once again being cute and unthreatening. Rather than to pay attention, she angrily kicks some rocks against the palisade. She is in a very bad mood, and just itching for something fresh to sacrifice.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:03:01 PM by Skyrock »

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2019, 03:59:36 PM »
The figure steeled itself. If this Llethu were hostile, surely there would be commotion in the village. We're it hostile only to the figure, it would be ready for the challenge.

Like the wind itself through the grass, the figure enters into the open plain and begins swiftly, yet cautiously, approaching the village's outer palisade. Those who watch the figure note the tall, lanky form of a male Yn Gyntaf, though this one carries numerous weapons strapped to his body. Of note in addition to the expected throwing weapons- axes in this case- is a tremendous axe-like weapon nearly as large as he is. He doesn't make an attempt to hide his weaponry, though neither does he draw them or make any indication that it is his plan.

He stops at the gate, waiting patiently and still.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2019, 05:34:06 PM »
With the figure now approaching openly, Red couldn't help but take notice at it approaching. Though they didn't seem aggressive, that was a mighty big weapon for a small folk... putting the scythe aside, she hefted the arbalest in their direction. Not aimed but still a clear warning.

"Well then, what brings you and your axes to this little village today? Not looking to cause trouble, are you?"

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2019, 06:02:14 PM »
Needing to look up to the tall, powerful and heavily armed stranger, Gwaedwen feels especially weak and helpless in her current state. The Flonha hides behind the giantess as good as she can, taking only cautious peeks by sticking her neck out to Red's side every now and then, then hiding behind Red again when she feels too exposed.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2019, 07:36:51 PM »
The stranger considered the giant's words carefully. He seemed neither provoked nor cowed, though it could simply be a steely facade. He speaks, his voice measured and deep, carrying the distinct accent of a non-native speaker. Still, he seems practiced and fluent enough.

"I come with no quarrel, and seek no trouble with you or this village. I am on a divine mission, and it drives me to the hunt. I have tracked kier to this area, though their tracks are difficult to follow. I lost the trail more than a day ago... I now find this village, and I know it is too good a target for the kier to pass by. I seek answers from the villagers so that I may continue in my mission."

The Yn Gyntaf notices the flonha sneaking glances. If she evokes any emotion or response, he is doing his best to hide it.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2019, 08:05:07 PM »
"Ooooh, a divine Kier-hunting mission, is it? So you're from the temple too?" Red says cheerfully, leaning her weight against the palisade, "Then there's definitely no reason for us to be arguing because we're after the same prey. "Jarn was around here earlier and spotted some yesterday, but they seemed to be too cowed to attack. If you can track, then that should help us with what to do now."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2019, 08:27:43 PM »
The stranger narrows his eyes for a moment, signaling a lack of understanding.

"I do not know what you mean, but I have come here on my own. Drancedigaeth himself spoke and gave me my direction. When the God of Death bids you to fulfill a duty, it is best to abide."

Shifting a bit in his place, he continues. "In any case, if you, too, seek the kier, then it may be wise to work together. I am certain I can find them, but if I am outnumbered there is little I alone can do. Having a Llethu and her team on my side would be useful."

The hunter nods his head in deference, then introduces himself. "I am Madoc. If it is kier you hunt, then I shall help you track them."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 08:49:53 PM by VennDygrem »

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2019, 07:16:55 AM »
"I am Ebony. Thank you for answering the calling of my lord. May we reap a wonderful harvest." the priest of Drancedigaeth says, introducing herself.
Hmm.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2019, 03:36:00 PM »
Shily, the flonha girl steps to the side to allow Madoc a good look at her.

"I am Gwaedwen, an adept in the art of ritual magic."

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2019, 06:39:47 PM »
Madoc nods to each member of the party in turn as they introduce themselves.

"I trust the harvest will be bountiful indeed. There is much yet to reap. As for you, little one," he gestures to Gwaedwen, "I have no talent for mysticism or magic. It is impressive to have the skill to work with such forces. I am certain your abilities will be of great advantage in this mission."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2019, 07:06:12 PM »
"As for me... I'm Red Harvest. If you can't guess what I do, there's no helping you."