Author Topic: Going for 60 Hours!  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Going for 60 Hours!
« on: June 25, 2016, 02:59:27 AM »
Alright, everyone, I've been up for 38 hours so far, which means I have 11-ish hours until I hit my personal record.

I'm going to see if I can hit 60 hours without intentionally consuming more caffeine.

Insomnia is so damn fun, you guys!
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Going for 60 Hours!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:12:35 AM »
Yes, but sleep deprivation induced psychosis is not, and 60 hours puts you into that possibility.  Be careful.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 03:25:55 AM »
Yes, but sleep deprivation induced psychosis is not, and 60 hours puts you into that possibility.  Be careful.

Don't worry - I'm well aware of the risks.

EDIT: More specifically, I am planning to hit next evening, and keep myself to really strict sleep schedule from then on.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 03:38:12 AM by Amechra »
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 06:13:55 AM »
Yanno what you should do? Absolutely nothing that requires you to sit down for the next 20 hours unless it is in a chair with no back, like a stool, but not a stool near anything for you to lean on and pass out in without promptly falling out and waking up covered in head trauma  :cool

This is the kind of challange the Wii Fit was made for.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 06:17:05 AM »
Given that I'm perfectly capable of sleeping standing up without hurting myself - I think I'll be fine.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 06:21:51 AM »
Isn't that a bad thing to be good at when trying to not sleep?

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 02:35:50 PM »
golf clap ...  :clap shhhhhhhhhhhhh babie's  :cloud9 seeeeping
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 03:19:50 PM »
To my undying shame (and to the undying gratitude of my splitting headache), I decided to quit around the 45 hour mark.

Which is still longer than I've gone before without copious amounts of caffeine, so eh.