Author Topic: Dark Heresy : Adepta Sororitas optimization  (Read 15896 times)

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
Dark Heresy : Adepta Sororitas optimization
« on: December 10, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »
I'm about to start a Dark Heresy game soon, and I'm looking at Adepta Sororitas (for lore reasons mainly).

Thing is I've never played Dark Heresy before, so I've pretty much got no idea what I'm doing :cool

So, are sisters of battle any good? And specifically are they any good for focusing on ranged weapons and durability?

Any help/advice really appreciated.

Offline Kasz

• The God-Emperor protects, the Omnissiah provides.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy : Adepta Sororitas optimization
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 08:51:21 AM »
Well right off the bat they're powerful as hell, at level 1 you're just a *better* version of everyone else. Eventually they get overtaken by tech priests and psykers... psykers because psychic powers is just magic and magic just wins. Tech priests because they can become mobile weapons platforms that utilize all tech to their whims.

Compared to a guardsman or assassin though you'll be similar if not better and have some bonus tricks in your arsenal.

At level 1, durability wise you will have an amazing breastplate and helm if you take the carapace armour and mesh cowl. Don't take the feudal plate it's a trap due to it's 'primitive' quality. Use starting cash to round off the armour with flak to get 4 over your arms and legs. Giving you armour of 4 in arms and legs, 5 in head and 6 in the body (most common location). To compare... a guardsman has 4 in every location and the 5 and 6 upgrades are out of almost all starting characters wealth... I say almost because noble background package has very high wealth and he's the only one able to afford that stuff.

Starting weapons are a bit pants tbh, you only start with Las pistols... and tbh if you want to fight with guns you need a basic Las gun. Las guns are awesome because they recharge, great if you have a tech priest or constant ability to plug in at a mains (not possible on some death/feral worlds).

If you're using the Only War "Accurate" rules then a long las is awesome, as it adds upto 2d10 for degrees of success, making you into a sniper type.

If you're more about full auto a Minerva Aegis lasgun is what you want. Inquisitors handbook. can hit upto 8 times on full auto at +30 for full auto...

For example, if your BS is 35 and you fire on full auto thats 65, if you are in short range then 75, if you then rolled a 15 you'd hit an enemy 6 times. (depending on results of enemies optional reaction dodge test).

In the long run, it's all about preference when it comes to guns.

As far as "optimization" goes, at level 1 you get 400xp to spend on a background package or standard upgrades. The 2 packages you can get are "Denounced and Condemned" which basically stops you being a peer of the sisters of battle but gives you a powerful psyker power "soul sight".
Or there's Untouchable, which makes you immune to all direct psyker powers and lots of warp based powers. It also stops you using Faith based abilities which are unique to the Sister of Battle and Force weapons.

You could choose neither, and spend the 400xp on stuff like skils and talents or characteristic increases.

(this assumes you're starting at rank 1 as per the basic rules.)

The Faith based stuff allows you to deal bonus damage or autocrit or stop all incoming damage depending on how many fortune points you have. one even allows you to exorcise demons... so they're pretty boss.

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 02:03:47 AM »

At level 1, durability wise you will have an amazing breastplate and helm if you take the carapace armour and mesh cowl. Don't take the feudal plate it's a trap due to it's 'primitive' quality. Use starting cash to round off the armour with flak to get 4 over your arms and legs. Giving you armour of 4 in arms and legs, 5 in head and 6 in the body (most common location). To compare... a guardsman has 4 in every location and the 5 and 6 upgrades are out of almost all starting characters wealth... I say almost because noble background package has very high wealth and he's the only one able to afford that stuff.

Well, starting cash for a Sororitas is 70+2d10. The best I could afford would be a Light Flak Cloak (80 cost, 2 over arms, body, legs, which gives me a vest to spare). The only 4 bonus flak armor is the Guard Flak Armor, which costs 300. Or is there any non-core flak armor that I missed?

Starting weapons are a bit pants tbh, you only start with Las pistols... and tbh if you want to fight with guns you need a basic Las gun. Las guns are awesome because they recharge, great if you have a tech priest or constant ability to plug in at a mains (not possible on some death/feral worlds).

I thought as much. I intend to fix this by taking the Schola Progenium origin, for Pistol Training (SP) and Basic Weapon Training (Las or SP). Not sure which one to pick though. In core SP seems almost overall superior to Las(both stat wise and the ability to use special ammo), but outside it there's a bunch of decent weapons (both Las and SP) so really not sure which one is best. Personally leaning toward Las for Death Light and Minerva-Aegis.

As far as "optimization" goes, at level 1 you get 400xp to spend on a background package or standard upgrades. The 2 packages you can get are "Denounced and Condemned" which basically stops you being a peer of the sisters of battle but gives you a powerful psyker power "soul sight".
Or there's Untouchable, which makes you immune to all direct psyker powers and lots of warp based powers. It also stops you using Faith based abilities which are unique to the Sister of Battle and Force weapons.

You could choose neither, and spend the 400xp on stuff like skils and talents or characteristic increases.

(this assumes you're starting at rank 1 as per the basic rules.)

The Faith based stuff allows you to deal bonus damage or autocrit or stop all incoming damage depending on how many fortune points you have. one even allows you to exorcise demons... so they're pretty boss.

I don't intend to take the Unotuchable background. It's undoubtedly strong, but I rather like the faith abilities. Not very sure about Denounced and Condemned either. Soul Sight looks nice, but it seems to me that it competes ith Faith abilities for the same limited resource (Fate points).

What I have so far:

Origin Schola Progenium
No background
Starting Advances:
Dodge (100)
Ballistic Skill (100)
Sound Constitution (200)

What do you think?

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 03:37:24 AM »
Las vs SP - in my biased opinion
The reason I say Las is generally better is they tend to come out on top in comparisons.
(please bear in mind I play a tech priest and thus am able to reload my own Las on a feral planet with no power sources nearby, there is a sister of battle in our group though)

Las Full Auto
Minerva-Aegis - Basic - 60m, S / 4 / 8, 1d10+2 E dmg, 0 pen, 40 clip, Full action reload, Reliable 150 thrones Scarce availability

SP Full Auto
Hax-Orthlack Creed-9 Autogun - Basic 50m, S / 3 / 10, 1d10+3 I dmg, 0 pen, 35 clip Full action reload 115 thrones - Average availability
or
Autogun Basic - 90m, S / 3 / 10, 1d10+3 I dmg, 0 pen, 30 clip, Full action reload, 100 thrones average availability

Comparison =

Range,
SP wins with an extra 30 metres, or loses by 10.
RoF - SP appears to win but I can't see a situation where you'll hit with 10 degrees of success so you'll never actually see this advantage... 8 degrees is far more likely so you waste less ammo So I'd count this as a tie or Las winning.
Damage - SP wins by 1 however Las is energy which is slightly more lethal on the crit table I believe... and can cause fires / people to blow up with all their ammo and grenades blowing up which is awesome.
Pen - all 0
Clip - Las clearly wins, also the full auto is only 8 shots so you get 5 bursts per clip. the SP is 10 with 30 and 35 clips so you get 3 or 3 and a half... less time reloading is better.
All full action reloads. **Pro tip, a Duplus clip is 10 thrones extra and is 2 magazines tied together, reducing the reload speed by half and stacking with rapid reload, meaning it's possible to reload these guns as a free action every other reload**
Cost - SP is cheaper... however you never need to buy ammo again once you have a rechargable las pack... savings made in the long term... plus a region might not sell ammo to "outsiders" or some other ammo shortage... but it's very rare to not be able to find a charging station for your Las ammo... or a tech priest with the Luminen Charge talent...
Availability
Las loses here however during character creation you could sell your pistol + charge pack and use those plus your starter thrones for one. Reasoning being you don't roll for availability on items during character creation ;)
On "special qualities" the SP have none whereas the Minerva has Reliable so it rarely ever jams, only a 1/10 chance after a 5/100 chance... So where the SP will jam 1/20 attacks, the Las will jam in.. 1/200 attacks... I think that's right... 1/20*1/10 for cumulative probability sakes.

Armour!
Flak Greatcoat covers the Arms and Body for 4 and is 150 thrones, average availability.
Guardsman Flak covers all 4 locations for 4 and is 300 thrones, scarce availability.

By this logic if I were your DM I'd let you buy the pieces for arms and legs of guardsman flak or Flak greatcoat etc. like Flak trousers and Flak Gauntlets and shoulderpads for 150. As 4 armour seems to cost 75 thrones per location for Flak Armour.

I've just noticed the Mesh Cowl is only 3 armour on head, so sell that for 100 thrones as the Flak Cloak grants 3 AP to all locations, then upgrade to guard flak when you can... If your DM ever says "This guardsman is dead" check to see if his Flak is undamaged and steal it :P

XP Expenditure...
I don't think you can really "optimize" DH as much as you can things like DnD... but there are trap choices for sure.

The ones you've chosen will make you more durable for sure, as well as increasing your combat effectiveness. I will note that DH is very investigation based... depending on your DM of course. We've had awesome sessions with 0 combat where I WISHED someone had a Forbidden Lore skill or two... so the fact SoB can take Forbidden Lore (Warp) for 100xp at rank 1... it's amazing for realizing things before things go very wrong. The only other class that can take that in core is Psyker, others can get it but only around rank 6 I believe.

I'd personally take the advances you're taking and get forbidden lore next... or maybe skip the extra wound and take awareness and forbidden lore instead. You can always take extra wounds whenever and you're the least likely to need your wounds with 3 in every armour location and 6 in body.

QUESTION!?
Have you rolled your divination yet?
If you're using them you should really roll as there are some good (buffs) and some bad (nerfs) in there, however some DM's let you pick and there is one that gives +1 fate point.

Also side note on the Soul Sight power... first time our Sister of Battle used it she accidentally (figure was in the dark at a distance) looked into the soul of a body reanimated by pure warp energy and immediately gained 1d5 insanity and corruption points... fun times.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:47:05 AM by Kasz »

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 04:15:49 AM »

Las loses here however during character creation you could sell your pistol + charge pack and use those plus your starter thrones for one. Reasoning being you don't roll for availability on items during character creation ;)
On "special qualities" the SP have none whereas the Minerva has Reliable so it rarely ever jams, only a 1/10 chance after a 5/100 chance... So where the SP will jam 1/20 attacks, the Las will jam in.. 1/200 attacks... I think that's right... 1/20*1/10 for cumulative probability sakes.

I'm not sure whether we'd be able to trade starting gear for cash/other gear pre game. But if we are, that's definitely an option. If not, the Drusus Prime Las gun is only 50 thrones, so I can afford one either way.

Armour!
Flak Greatcoat covers the Arms and Body for 4 and is 150 thrones, average availability.
Guardsman Flak covers all 4 locations for 4 and is 300 thrones, scarce availability.

By this logic if I were your DM I'd let you buy the pieces for arms and legs of guardsman flak or Flak greatcoat etc. like Flak trousers and Flak Gauntlets and shoulderpads for 150. As 4 armour seems to cost 75 thrones per location for Flak Armour.

I've just noticed the Mesh Cowl is only 3 armour on head, so sell that for 100 thrones as the Flak Cloak grants 3 AP to all locations, then upgrade to guard flak when you can... If your DM ever says "This guardsman is dead" check to see if his Flak is undamaged and steal it :P

See above for trading out starting gear.Also, I don't want to overdo it tbh with armor and create an untouchable character (I don't have a very good grip on rules yet, but I fear dodge+very good armor might do just that) while the rest are struggling(it will depend on what the rest of the party looks like, but I doubt anything but guardsman or something with noble origin can come close to this level of protection at rank 1). 
XP Expenditure...
I don't think you can really "optimize" DH as much as you can things like DnD... but there are trap choices for sure.

The ones you've chosen will make you more durable for sure, as well as increasing your combat effectiveness. I will note that DH is very investigation based... depending on your DM of course. We've had awesome sessions with 0 combat where I WISHED someone had a Forbidden Lore skill or two... so the fact SoB can take Forbidden Lore (Warp) for 100xp at rank 1... it's amazing for realizing things before things go very wrong. The only other class that can take that in core is Psyker, others can get it but only around rank 6 I believe.

I'd personally take the advances you're taking and get forbidden lore next... or maybe skip the extra wound and take awareness and forbidden lore instead. You can always take extra wounds whenever and you're the least likely to need your wounds with 3 in every armour location and 6 in body.

Good point. Psykers and Adepta Sororitas are the only classes that can take Forbidden Lore at rank 1.
too good to pass, indeed. I'm going to drop Sound Constitution for Forbidden Lore (Warp) and Awareness.

QUESTION!?
Have you rolled your divination yet?
If you're using them you should really roll as there are some good (buffs) and some bad (nerfs) in there, however some DM's let you pick and there is one that gives +1 fate point.

Also side note on the Soul Sight power... first time our Sister of Battle used it she accidentally (figure was in the dark at a distance) looked into the soul of a body reanimated by pure warp energy and immediately gained 1d5 insanity and corruption points... fun times.

We haven't actually rolled characters yet. At the moment we're bouncing back&forth ideas regarding what we'd like to play. The campaign is most likely going to start in January after the holidays.

So far the potential party looks like this:
Adepta Sororitas (me, I'm pretty much decided on it)
Psyker, Tech Priest or Cleric (guy has very good warhammer lore knowledge, and I've got a feeling it's going to be Psyker)
Adept or Psyker
Something simple (the girl is a RP rookie and has the attention span of a rabbit on extasy so can't really handle complex systems; given her love for big damage numbers, most likely an Arbitrator, Guardsman or Assasin)
no idea (new guy joining us when we start)

Thanks for the useful advice btw  :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:05:10 AM by LordBlades »

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 03:33:26 PM »
Also, from a strictly mechanical POV, assuming I can't trade starting gear, what would be better to spend starting thrones on? light flak for arms and legs or a las gun?

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 07:03:18 AM »
My DM uses this site for quick reference, this page details Character Creation and under stage four, it says:
Acolytes also receive some starting equipment and some money. With the GM's permission, you may "trade in" part or all of your starting equipment and/or money in exchange for money or additional equipment items. When doing this at character creation you can "sell" or "buy" items using the price listed in the Armoury section and do not have to worry about an item's Availability.

However I can't find where it says this in the DH official rulebook so... DM's discretion... I picked my equipment from that available on Hive worlds because I was a Hive worlder... My GM liked this touch because it makes sense that a Hive worlder was equipped with Hive world weapons. For world-specific weapons check the Inquisitors handbook where they are categorised by what type of world produces or has those available.

If you can't spend it... Flak I'd say. Think about it... you were willing to spend 200xp on an extra wound... an extra armour point is better than a wound. it reduces damage by 1+ wounds every time you're hit... when an actual wound is lost it's lost until you seek healing. If you're killed in 1 hit then 1 armour point is basically the same as 1 wound... if you're killed in 5 hits, 1 armour point is basically the same as 5 wounds. - in a weird sideways logic point of view.

Our group is:
Tech Priest (me)
Guardsman
Sister of Battle
(Noble) Assassin.

Third session the guardsman fired with a combat shotgun at point blank on semi auto and righteous furied 3 out of 4 hits... DM described the beast's legs as being churned into paste... :D

I can understand not wanting to get too untouchable and spotlighting whilst everyone else isn't as effective... that's not fun for all... however Dark Heresy is pretty mean... you can lose all your wounds from 1 attack easy. Assuming you have a toughness bonus of 3... and you're not wearing armour on your arms/legs... assuming you rolled max for your starting wounds which is like 13 for a Schola... and assuming the enemies aren't special enough to be able to crit. A gun can easily do 1d10+3 which on an above average roll is 8-13, so that's 5-10 wounds, leaving you on 3-8 wounds.

So 2 shots you can be killed a basic grunt rolling okay.

That being said, armour of 3 on those locations makes you only take 2-7 wounds. On your body slot if I do 1d10+3 I'd need to bypass 6 armour and 3 tougness. so I'd need to roll a 7 and do 10 damage to even deal 1 wound.

TL:DR Armour is useful - can't shoot people if you're dead.

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 07:46:45 AM »
Well, I'm taking the armor :D My worries of being OP have been put to rest upon hearing what the rest of the guys want to play: 2 psykers, a tech priest and an adept (thinking about going Malefic Scholar).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:57:49 AM by LordBlades »

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »
2 psykers

PERILS OF THE WAAAAAAAARP

Hope it's fun :P also hope it rains blood sideways and you accidentally the whole daemonhost. :)

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 03:01:16 AM »
2 psykers

PERILS OF THE WAAAAAAAARP

Hope it's fun :P also hope it rains blood sideways and you accidentally the whole daemonhost. :)

I hope so too  :D One more question: is the two-weapon fighting line worth it (with pistols)? or it's better to focus on a rifle and use semi-auto/full auto for extra attacks?

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:20:32 AM »
Depends on the weapons... An obvious answer is "Why not both?"

Full Auto Pistols in each hand... OR Full Auto Basic weapons with the "compact" upgrade in each hand. With the proper talents it's basically the same as firing full auto except you're doing it twice.

PROS
Twice as many attacks.
Can Load different types of ammo into different guns.
Can shoot two separate targets at once. (with the right talents)
Can fire pistols in melee.
(Looks badass)

CONS
Costs twice as much ammo / guns
requires the taking of multiple talents
Pistols or compact basic weapons tend to have a shorter range than their 2 hand counterparts.
Need attachments to compensate for low clip / range and long reload time.

Basically, I'd use full auto on 2 handed basic gun to start with, and then work toward dual wielding pistols down the line.

I had a Scum who owned 7 pistols with various types of ammo in them and never reloaded in combat, he would quickdraw various pistols and dual wield them... most were fully auto but kept a revolver or two with special ammo in. Also two had Bayonet attachments for when it came to melee. (even though you can fire a pistol in melee). He named his guns after the Seven Deadly Sins.

The other option is obviously shooting single shot in each hand which isn't bad because 2 shots = two chances to hit. Even fully auto you only make 1 attack roll for hitting. You need to get your bonuses from elsewhere though... so maybe using Aim Actions and stuff... two accurate pistols with scopes on single shot with aim actions seems quite deadly. Especially if you use the ONLY WAR updated "Accurate" rule:
Quote from: Only War
Accurate
Some weapons are designed with precision in mind and respond superbly to skilled hands. They grant an additional bonus of +10 to the firer’s Ballistic Skill when used with an Aim Action, in addition to the bonus granted from Aiming.
When firing a single shot from a Basic Weapon with the Accurate Quality benefiting from the Aim Action, the attack deals an extra 1d10 Damage for every two Degrees of Success, to a maximum of two extra 1d10.

Candidates for Full Auto dual wield.
“Fury” Assault Laspistol (Triplex Pattern) - Las Pistol
5 shots on full auto, 30 clip and reliable. Only a 20m range though. Very viable if you increase range.

Extra Grip Minerva-Aegis - Las Basic
8 shots on full auto, 40 clip and reliable. Range is 30m.

Extra Grip D'laku Hellgun - Las Basic
5 shots on full auto, 40 clip. Range is 50m - very expensive.

Autopistol - SP Pistol
6 shots on full auto, 18 clip. Range is 30m

Hax-Orthlack Puritan-14 Execution Pistol - SP Pistol (can also be fired as a shotgun)
6 shots full auto, 14 clip, 20m range - Needs more clip and range... can be fired as a single shot shotgun at a -10 if not held twohanded... brilliant for close combat because it's a pistol and a shotgun in close combat is OP... let alone dual wielding them for friggin TWO shotguns in close combat.

Hecuter 9/5 Heavy Combat Autopistol - SP Pistol
6 shots full auto, 15 clip, Reliable, 30m range - needs moar clip. Reliable is nice though.

Orthlak Mark IV Thollos Autopistol - SP Pistol
6 shots full auto, 12 clip, 30m range, - this is an awesome pistol for 75 thrones... Duplus clips make it 85, and with rapid reload that's 4 turns with a free action reload in the middle. That's 8 full auto bursts of 6 bullets hitting with 1d10+4 each. 170 thrones isn't much to pay for duals of these babies with duplus clips.

Sulymann Encarmine Service Autopistol - SP Pistol
8 bullets - 24 clip, 20m range - needs more range and the damage is a piddly 1d10.

Talon Mark III Short Autopistol - SP Pistol
6 shots full auto, 18 clip, 30m range - Special rule on this one allows a 30 clip for a -10 BS penalty... interesting.

Extra Grip Cadence “Spectre” Assault Device - SP Basic
10 shots full auto, 20 clip x 3, 40m range. - This has a built in fire selecter, allowing 3 20 bullet mags. which does mean they have to be reloaded seperately... also has an inbuilt shotgun.

Extra Grip Hax-Orthlack Creed-9 Autogun
10 shots full auto, 35 clip, 25m range.

Extra Grip Autogun
10 shots full auto, 30 clip, 45m range -  Kinda awesome... but for the same price... see below...

Extra Grip Autogun (Armageddon Pattern)
6 shots full auto, 15 clip, 50m range, reliable. - DING DING DING winner... all good stats, it has all the things you want and only costs 125 thrones (including compacted). This thing was designed to have a pistol grip slapped on and dual wielded.

Yes, making a gun Extra Gripped costs 25 thrones and halves range but then you can use 2!

I'm going to stop typing now... otherwise your post is going to turn into a handbook or something... sorry :P It's just more interesting than work atm ;)

EDIT: I have made an error... It's not compact you want... it's extra grip! I need to edit....
EDIT 2: I have edited... I believe it to be mostly accurate...maybe.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:26:48 AM by Kasz »

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 11:21:59 AM »
Wow :D

Thanks a lot!

Offline Kasz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 12:04:24 PM »
Personally, for SP dual wield Full Auto I'd roll with

Autogun (Armageddon Pattern) - 100 thrones
- Extra Grip - 25 thrones
- Melee Attachment - 25 thrones
- Fire Selector - 25 thrones
- Telescopic Sight - 35 thrones
- Duplus Clips x3 - 30 thrones

1. Now, the extra grip makes it dual wieldable
2. Melee attachment means you can parry in close combat so you want atleast 1
3. Fire selector means you can load it with 3 clips and thus reload less often if you just load it with 3 normal clips or you can have different clips for unarmoured / armoured or just expensive ammo for high priority targets. For 25 thrones it's a lot of versatility.
4. **not too much of a priority** The sight removes long or extreme range penalties when used with an aim action... you can't use full auto after an aim action but this means your guns aren't useless outside of their range... plus it's a scope you can buy it later and attach it after.
5. Reduces reload time, 3 clips for the fire selector.

All in all that's an amazing gun for 240 thrones. If your DM allows the rogue trader stuff well...

- If your DM allows rogue trader stuff
1. Motion Predictor - no listed cost +10 to BS when fired full auto
2. Vox operated - no listed cost, allows gun to be fired or fire modes to be selected using voice commands.
3. Photo Scope - alternative to telescopic - no penalties at night.

Your DM would be right to make these special items the reward of awesome missions or make the tracking down of them a mission in its own right.

For Las Dual wield Full Auto

Minerva-Aegis - 150 thrones
- Extra Grip - 25 thrones
- Melee Attachment - 25 thrones
- Telescopic Sight - 35 thrones
- Duplus Clip - 10 thrones

245 thrones, so 5 more expensive than the Autogun.

Comparison.

Damage per shot: 1d10+4 I for SP, 1d10+2 E for Las
Shots on a FA burst: 6 for SP, 8 for Las
Range: 50m for SP, 30m for Las
Clip: SP has 3 clips of 15, with duplus for a quicker reload. Las has 1 clip of 40 with duplus.
- with quick reload this becomes 90 bullets for SP assuming loaded with 3 normal duplus clips remember with the SP's 6 on full auto it'd fire 6 bullets, 6 bullets, 3 bullets, 6 bullets, 6 bullets, 3 bullets. This would take 18 turns to run empty 90 bullets. These can be different sorts of ammo though so it's versatile.
- with quick reload on the Las it'd fire 8 bullets per turn with 80 as a max, so 80 bullets over 10 turns, almost twice as fast as the autogun. Whilst the las can be loaded with hotshot and overcharge packs it's no where near as versatile but it is very quick at dispensing it's normal payload.
Special: Both guns are reliable.
Penetration: Neither gun penetrates whilst using standard ammo.
Reload: Both guns Full action reload as standard. A fire selector requires all 3 are reloaded separately so thats 3 full actions, or 1 full per clip and you can just reload one and fire that.

TL:DR - Guns are fun, customise them & I like talking about Dark Heresy more than working.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »
On the part about the two Psykers, does the group have any Guardsmen or Assassins in the group who are willing to spend some XP on being Sanction Wardens?

On Sisters of Battle, are you using the Inquisitors Handbook, or Blood of Martyrs.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 02:11:09 AM »
On the part about the two Psykers, does the group have any Guardsmen or Assassins in the group who are willing to spend some XP on being Sanction Wardens?

On Sisters of Battle, are you using the Inquisitors Handbook, or Blood of Martyrs.

Inquisitor's Handbook.

What is Sanctioned Warden and where can it be found please?

All I could find on it is this but with no mention of source.
Isn't it a bit dangerous? you could kill your own Pskyer with that one attack.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:17:03 AM by LordBlades »

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 06:38:38 AM »
Two psykers and a sister of battle? Chances are you are going to end up shooting both of them if you roleplay the sister the way they are in the fluff...

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 06:44:09 AM »
Two psykers and a sister of battle? Chances are you are going to end up shooting both of them if you roleplay the sister the way they are in the fluff...

AFAIK, an integral part of Sisters culture is also absolute obedience to the chain of command. She might not like Psykers, but she'll work with them if ordered to by a superior.

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 06:49:33 AM »

AFAIK, an integral part of Sisters culture is also absolute obedience to the chain of command. She might not like Psykers, but she'll work with them if ordered to by a superior.

Until they fail a peril of the warp test.
Besides that, while sisters do have a strong command structure they are extremely fanatical. In one of the Cyphias Cain novels a unit of them (led by a higher ranking sister) risks an entire battlefront by charging off into the middle of the enemy forces and leaving a hole in the defensive line despite being told not to specifically.

Offline LordBlades

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »

Until they fail a peril of the warp test.
Besides that, while sisters do have a strong command structure they are extremely fanatical. In one of the Cyphias Cain novels a unit of them (led by a higher ranking sister) risks an entire battlefront by charging off into the middle of the enemy forces and leaving a hole in the defensive line despite being told not to specifically.

Technically speaking, how would one know if a given effect is due to perils of the warp or the psyker actually wanting to do that? Should be a Forbidden Lore (psykers) test, right? Sororitas don't know that, so I guess my character could probably confuse some of the perils with just being trigger happy(apart from Daemon summoning/becoming a Daemon host).

Anyway, my D&D campaign just ended tonight and we'll be moving forward with the Dark Heresy after the holidays. I've talked with all the players apart from the new one that's supposed to join and they're ok with me playing a Sororitas. However, since the new guy is supposed to be one of the psykers and I don't want to welcome somebody to a gaming group with 'hey dude, my char's gonna kill your char if you make a wrong move', I'd like to have a backup idea if he's not cool with my character.

I've heard tech priests can be some mean tanks, anyone can explain where exactly does that tankyness come from?

Offline littha

• Epic Member
  • +1 Holy Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 05:23:11 PM »
I've heard tech priests can be some mean tanks, anyone can explain where exactly does that tankyness come from?

It is to do with how Toughness works. Damage is reduced by Toughness + Armor, however armor can be reduced with specific weapons whereas toughness cannot. Therefore a tech priest with maxed toughness and the best armor they can get their hands on has a good chance of surviving a direct hit from a lascannon or something...