Author Topic: Odd-ish Game Request  (Read 9523 times)

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
Re: Odd-ish Game Request
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 05:08:23 PM »
I suppose I should start making the char. Just gotta finish this other char.

This is the moat fleshed out char I'll be playing, so hopefully I get to use her. Well I guess the one I'm working on atm is pretty fleshed out, but only because she's a revamp. Though the execution of her classes is in question.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened?

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 06:22:37 PM »
So we currently have 4 people with vested interest. That's a fairly solid start. Now if only we could find a loony willing to amuse us.

I count 5-6, depending on how you count 'vested interest.' :D

Still, the loony bit is still the issue.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 07:34:13 PM »
I count 5-6, depending on how you count 'vested interest.' :D

Still, the loony bit is still the issue.

Generally I count by people who voice a character idea rather than just people who comment on the topic. Not a solid system, but it gives you a better minimum to go off of.

And Yuwea, I sent you a pm. I don't mind telling people when they ask, but just throwing it out here seems off topic.
I want to be born. To live. That is all I want. -Aura

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
Fair enough.

Wonder what I should do with the 2-3 levels on my monster side that hasn't been filled. Don't wanna be a Vampire Lord cause its out if character.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2017, 08:43:02 AM »
Normally I'd suggest Monster of Legend, but being Undead sadly disqualifies you. Only 2 levels though.

Out of the other template classes Os has, Paragon is an easy choice but you won't get all that much from just 3 levels. You could always try to sell the DM (Whomever it may be) on Boss.

Those are my suggestions anyways. I personally plan on dipping one level of God before picking up my Adorable Creature levels. DM depending anyways.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2017, 09:01:21 AM »
Where is the Boss and Monster of Legend? I may just splash in Swordsage.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2017, 09:14:42 AM »
Boss and Monster of Legend.

They're pretty fun to mess around with.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »
There are so many other awesome homebrew projects besides Osle's stuff. If you're looking for a martial adept, I have like 6 of them. I'm not sure what else is happening with your build, but a touch of incarnum might be nice as well. Or, if you're Cha-based (vampires usually are), a couple levels of Wyrm Warrior would give you some maneuvers as well as a selection of powers from which you can choose one daily.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2017, 11:10:28 AM »
Sorry, I wasn't trying to specifically use Osle's stuff. Just what I know most of. The reason for the Swordsage splash was the starting class features.

As far what I'm doing is using maneuvers, and both types of magic. My focus will be those, spell probably a little more. Then I'll round that out with abilities that round out my Vampire powers.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 11:33:18 PM »
Gotten quiet in here with the other games opening up.

Gotta say though, 3 games getting a move on in the same week......very weird since it isn't even a DM me and I'll DM you scenario.

Now if only someone picks this up.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 08:53:38 AM »
Yea, was gonna bump it once I got further with another char build.

Was also waiting for responses / something relevant to say... Like joking about my fairy being a Saint.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2017, 03:25:44 PM »
Bumperooni

Offline Drammor

• Seer of Void
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 04:09:24 PM »
Not so much in playing, but I'm at least interested in watching this. It looks like fun. Weird fun, but fun.
[20:32] <DonQuixote> A POX UPON YOU ALL!
[20:32] <DonQuixote> YOU, J, FOR STEALING THE PURITY OF NORNS.
[20:32] <DonQuixote> YOU, DRAMMOR, FOR ENSNARING ME IN THIS FIENDISH PRISON.

Offline Rekmond

• DM in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 04:51:19 PM »
Weird but fun is the best way to play.

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 07:11:04 PM »
There are so many other awesome homebrew projects besides Osle's stuff. If you're looking for a martial adept, I have like 6 of them. I'm not sure what else is happening with your build, but a touch of incarnum might be nice as well. Or, if you're Cha-based (vampires usually are), a couple levels of Wyrm Warrior would give you some maneuvers as well as a selection of powers from which you can choose one daily.

I just recently looked into the idealist classes after being pointed at the feats for another character, and now I'm looking of itching to play one...

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2017, 08:27:34 PM »

I just recently looked into the idealist classes after being pointed at the feats for another character, and now I'm looking of itching to play one...
Since this seems to be "gestalt with monster class", you should definitely gestalt an Ethos class with a true dragon monster class. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2017, 09:33:38 PM »
Hmm, just how redundant can we make this? Draconic dragonborn spellscale with the monster blooded (dragon)/monster hybrid feats, allowing it to take Dragon levels, and Scaleshaper on the other side allowing them a wyrm spirit and dragon projections and dragon shapeshifting, plus the dragon cohort feat?

I know I'm missing something...  :lmao

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 09:52:35 PM »
Hmm, just how redundant can we make this? Draconic dragonborn spellscale with the monster blooded (dragon)/monster hybrid feats, allowing it to take Dragon levels, and Scaleshaper on the other side allowing them a wyrm spirit and dragon projections and dragon shapeshifting, plus the dragon cohort feat?

Offline VennDygrem

• Epic Member
  • Exceptionally Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 09:59:02 PM »

Offline Versatility_Nut

• I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2017, 08:53:38 AM »

Hold on, I have this absurd "I may not play a..." post listing literally every dragon class on dndtools... *digs through GiantITP post history*

Here it is:

**Nor may I play a Draconic Dragonwrought Half-Dragon Dragonborn Kobold
***Especially if they are also a Dragon Shaman/Dragon Disciple/Dragon Descendant/Dragon Ascendant/Dragon Devotee/Dragon Rider/Dracolexi/Dragonheart Mage/Dragonkith/Dragonrider/Dragonslayer/Dragonstalker/Dragonsong Lyrist/Hidecarved Dragon/Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries/Dragon Prophet/Dragon Samurai/Purple Dragon Knight
****Not in the least due to the fact that the "race" disqualifies you from several of these, and the templates aren't all stackable
*****No, it doesn't matter how far into Epic we are, you don't get to. Even if you meet all the prerequisites.