Author Topic: The Crown's Callers-Team Mexilhoeira OOC  (Read 21547 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: The Crown's Callers-Team Mexilhoeira OOC
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2019, 12:05:32 AM »
Edit: Actually now I'm back at the original question. The Gauntlets say that it applies to held weapons (probably because mouthpicks are the only way I can think of to use a weapon without hands). Can it apply to my Arsenal?

Yes.

I have added the cohort and a character image.
That's some portrait. :blink

How old do monstrous crabs live to?
Lets say roughly the same as human life span.

Also, for the various bonuses from Savage (1+1/3 levels in ability score increase or the saves) is that always rounded down? If so, does that mean that e.g. a mob at level 3 would gain no benefit from the weapon enhancement bonus (1/4 level)?
Unless noted otherwise, yes rounded down.

I've made sheets for every level of the followers I've got. Theyre on the char sheets thread edited into my post. That was...a lot of work. :P
Yes making NPCs takes time. :p

May loot yours for generic crab "civilians".

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2019, 02:38:42 PM »
That's some portrait. :blink
Then I have achieved to portray a devil :P

Went for the Hellraiser angle of fiendish disfigurements reflecting the fiend's mortal life and personality, in this case classic witches' telltales. (Reddended hair through bloodstains; burn wounds along the legs from dying at the stake; unbleeding needle prickings; the mark of Dispater branded into the left chest; and a third ever-bleeding nipple at the neck for feeding the familiar.)

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2019, 03:15:57 PM »

How old do monstrous crabs live to?
Lets say roughly the same as human life span.

Also, for the various bonuses from Savage (1+1/3 levels in ability score increase or the saves) is that always rounded down? If so, does that mean that e.g. a mob at level 3 would gain no benefit from the weapon enhancement bonus (1/4 level)?
Unless noted otherwise, yes rounded down.

I've made sheets for every level of the followers I've got. Theyre on the char sheets thread edited into my post. That was...a lot of work. :P
Yes making NPCs takes time. :p

May loot yours for generic crab "civilians".

Ok, ok, and no problem - loot away! I think all I have left is to declare an alignment and some general body stats. This is done!

@os, do I need to provide some reason I’d be on this team? My backstory gives a general impression of who I am and what I live for, but if I need a hook or more flesh on it let me know. Or if there’s anything else on my chat sheet or backstory that I’ve missed. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:14:43 PM by Jarob22 »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2019, 04:27:50 PM »
I wasn't planning on including any of you in my backstory.  :P

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2019, 09:46:27 PM »
Os, what would the appropriate craft skill for crafting robots (in general, not machine minions obviously) but not mecha? 

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2019, 10:09:28 PM »
@os, do I need to provide some reason I’d be on this team? My backstory gives a general impression of who I am and what I live for, but if I need a hook or more flesh on it let me know. Or if there’s anything else on my chat sheet or backstory that I’ve missed. :)

Your backstory said you're aiming for the artifact crown and become the new king of Jóia, right? That's more than a good enough reason to team up with the remorseless ruthless mercenaries brave adventurers.

Os, what would the appropriate craft skill for crafting robots (in general, not machine minions obviously) but not mecha? 
Anything not related to hard metal/stone. Craft (doll) may be best to play off the maid theme, craft (puppet) too.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2019, 10:27:30 PM »
Anything not related to hard metal/stone. Craft (doll) may be best to play off the maid theme, craft (puppet) too.
I almost went for Doll Judgement but decided it would be too much of a hassle.   :lmao

Let's play the game of "Did I go too far?"

Well right off I'm getting rid of my +3 dodge bonus to AC, let's get that AC back down into the 20's.

Win
A Fire Giant - I fly around and plink him to death.  My AC and Attack rolls kick his ass.

A Young Blue Dragon - I pass the breath weapon save on a 3 but don't have evasion.  My machine minion a lot better ranged attack but if the thing is over 70 feet away I hit less than 50% of the time.  This is a battle of attrition that I'm pretty sure I win.

A Bebilith - I beat him but pretty much only because I'm flying.  His DR and his horrible grappling would rip me apart even with my robot horsie.

A pair of Mind Flayers - I am stunned and my horse acid breathes them to death.  Saved by my horse.

6 Trolls - Flying acid breathing horse.

Draw
An evil 10th level cleric with a big pile of 1HD human skeletons tagging along - With gear and buffs and whatnot?  I honestly don't know.

Loss
A Vrock - I'm going to assume that long range telekinesis is the name of the game here.  There is nothing that I can do about that, my mount and I fly very slowly.

A lot of Shadows - After suggesting the debuff to Arsenal weapons there is nothing that I can do here.

Looks like I need to do some toning down.  Hmm...

Edit: I think that my biggest problems are the 46% miss chance from my Lunar Dial stance and the fly speed.  I think I'm the only party member with a fly speed.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2019, 10:47:50 PM »
How do you fare against two blue dragons? If one's a close battle and you lose against two, that would reduce your wins to 4 and leave you inside the scale.

Notice as well that a back-up dragon tactic is going for a grapple, how do you fare against that?

Nytemare3701 can make anybody fly and Skyrock mentioned wing grafts.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:53:39 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »
Young blue dragons are only medium so they're a +5 against me on the grapple front.

I'll make some adjustments to my minion and split him up into a couple. That should fix everything except the miss chance which can screenshot over all the enemies.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2019, 11:15:06 PM »
It's the young adult blue dragon, CR 11, not the young blue dragon, CR 6. I know in the original post I forgot to the adult bit, but it was clarified in between. :)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2019, 11:24:31 PM »
I only looked at the original post.   :lol

Young adult takes me down, all the way downtown.

I'll still adjust my minion because 5d10 ranged touch attack within 65 feet feels like too much, and I'll switch out my stance because almost 50% miss chance feels like too much, and then I'm good to go from a mechanics perspective.

Offline Nytemare3701

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • 50% Cripple, 50% Awesome. Flip a coin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2019, 01:51:32 AM »
It's the young adult blue dragon, CR 11, not the young blue dragon, CR 6. I know in the original post I forgot to the adult bit, but it was clarified in between. :)

Oh jesus. I amend my previous post. The young adult wrecks my shit.

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2019, 04:34:41 AM »

Your backstory said you're aiming for the artifact crown and become the new king of Jóia, right? That's more than a good enough reason to team up with the remorseless ruthless mercenaries brave adventurers.
Yep, that’s correct :) ok, cool then. In that case, I’m completely done.

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »
Ack! I completely forgot to grab myself the maneuver from my Crab Battle ability :facepalm

Just need a little bit of clarification:
"Monstrous Crab levels now grant full Iniator level instead of just half. You also learn one martial maneuver of any school up to your 1+ (HD/2)."
Does this mean at level 4, I can take a level 3 maneuver? If we were going by IL, I'd only be able to take up to level 2 maneuvers.
Secondly, at this point in time, I'm going to have had no other maneuvers learned. I assume that prevents me from taking any maneuvers that have prereqs?

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2019, 03:48:10 PM »
I think that I'm going to default to 3 machine minions. 1 with 8 hd and 2 with 6.

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2019, 03:50:38 PM »
Ack! I completely forgot to grab myself the maneuver from my Crab Battle ability :facepalm

"Monstrous Crab levels now grant full Iniator level instead of just half. You also learn one martial maneuver of any school up to your 1+ (HD/2)."
Does this mean at level 4, I can take a level 3 maneuver? If we were going by IL, I'd only be able to take up to level 2 maneuvers.
Secondly, at this point in time, I'm going to have had no other maneuvers learned. I assume that prevents me from taking any maneuvers that have prereqs?

I see the formula written like that alot across os' stuff but i think its suppose to be (1+hd)/2 rounded down. Thats what it is in ToB anyways

Offline Jarob22

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »

I see the formula written like that alot across os' stuff but i think its suppose to be (1+hd)/2 rounded down. Thats what it is in ToB anyways

That would make more sense. I'll wait for Os to reply anyhow, but thanks :)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2019, 10:29:31 PM »

My bad, that formula is wrong, it's supposed to just be half HD, rounded up. Fixed. :blush

Also managed to replace the picture.

Yes.

I think that I'm going to default to 3 machine minions. 1 with 8 hd and 2 with 6.

Sounds good.

If you remember any specific others at the moment let me know and I'll go fix them too.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2019, 10:46:25 PM »
Okay, adjustments have been made.  Let's try this again.

Win
Fire Giant - I still fly around and plink him to death but this time I lose at least one minion.

Bebilith - Still win due to flying while he rips apart my minions

A pair of Mind Flayers - Can't stun my robots!

6 Trolls - I fly and I have one minion with fire damage and one that bypasses regeneration on a natural 20.

Draw
An evil 10th level cleric with a big pile of 1HD human skeletons tagging along - With gear and buffs and whatnot?  I honestly don't know.

Lose
Young Adult Blue Dragon - Still kills me

A lot of Shadows - There is still nothing that I can do here.

I've got everything sorted out, it looks like I'm done.  Os, you should probably glance over my sheet but I think I'm ready for a backstory.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2019, 12:07:19 AM »
I've got everything sorted out, it looks like I'm done.  Os, you should probably glance over my sheet but I think I'm ready for a backstory.
You don't seem to be packing any basic mundane gear (tools, flint and steel, torches, rope, extra dresses etc), but otherwise your crunch looks fine (really like your new bot team), feel free to work on your fluff.