Author Topic: Divine Pilot  (Read 3755 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Divine Pilot
« on: September 13, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »
Divine Pilot

"Yoga Murdra...Concentrate on a single point"-Radha Byraban, Divine Pilot

With the advent of mecha, researchers started considering the possibility of channeling the power of the gods themselves trough it. Searching for young priestesses that could handle a giant robot's controls, and developing new systems to amplify their holy magics, they ended up developing a new support class of mecha pilots.

HD:8
Level BAB Fort Ref Will FeatureSorceror levelExtra Spells known
1+0 +0+0 +2Divine Robot I, Spells, Spirited11
2+1 +0+0+3 Bonus Feat23
3+2 +1+1 +3 Spirit35
4+3 +1 +1+4 Divine Robot II46
5+3 +1 +1+4 Bonus Feat58
6+4 +2+2+5 Spirit69
7+5 +2 +2+5Divine Robot III711
8+6 +2 +2+6  Bonus Feat812
9+6 +3 +3+6 Spirit914
10+7 +3 +3+7 Divine Robot IV1015
11+8 +3 +3+7 Bonus Feat1117
12+9 +4 +4+8Spirit1218
13+9 +4 +4 +8 Divine Robot V1320
14+10 +4 +4 +9 Bonus Feat1421
15+11 +5 +5 +9 Spirit1523
16+12 +5 +5 +10 Divine Robot VI1624
17+12 +5 +5+10 Bonus Feat1726
18+13 +6+6+11 Spirit1828
19 +14 +6+6 +11 Divine Robot VII1930
20+15 +6+6 +12 Bonus Feat2032
2 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Apraise, Bluff, Craft, Concentration, Diplomacy,   Intimidate, Knowledge(any), Perform, Profession (Any), Sense Motive, Spellcraft

Proficiencies: A Divine Pilot is proficient with simple weapons and mechas.

Features:
Bonus Feat:Whenever this ability shows up, the Divine Pilot can pick a feat from the list of pilot feats.

Divine Robot I: The Divine Pilot was trained by a powerfull organization (the details of wich should be discussed with the DM), which at 1st level grants him access to a basic Divine Robot. The organization also pledges to repair non-disabling damage and refuel the mecha on any of it's branches for no cost. The organization can be assumed to have such branches in any stable city where the Divine Pilot could conduct normal business. If the mecha is reduced to 0 HP the Divine Pilot will have to undergo some redeeming quest for a replacement (assuming she makes it back). If the Divine Pilot is at least 4th level, she can request a Divine Robot one grade lower than she would normally have acess to while on her redeeming quest (including arsenal options).

As the Divine Pilot grows in levels she gains access to stronger mechas as shown on the table, but she cannot change her choices on mechas.

Divine Robots are picked from the Real Robot list, except those models are fitted with special engines to channel divine magic, and thus have only half normal Arsenal space and Hardpoints (rounded up), plus actually have to sacrifice armor, ending up with 3/5 HP, Energy, Nat armor and DR of “regular” versions (minimum -1 at each of those stats). However scrolls and wands can be “loaded” into the limbs of the robot for use during action.

Divine Pilot levels stack with Real Pilot levels for determining your Real Robot level. She can choose to swap for a Real Robot with "full" arsenal space, HP, energy and DR, in which case it can't channel spells, but still allows for other benefits of being a caster like qualifying for Funnels. She can swap between both modes with 8 hours of tinkering. She counts as a Real Pilot to multiclass with other classes otherwise.

A Divine Pilot has access to Arsenal options of the same tiers of Real Robots she has acess to (so I at level 1, II at level 4 and so on).

Spells: The Divine Pilot gains spell slots and CL as a sorceror of the level presented on the table, except her spells are divine instead of arcane. Wisdom is her main casting stat. For spells known, the Divine pilot automatically knows the following spells

(click to show/hide)

For each Divine Pilot level she may swap one of the above spells for one of the following, provided they're of the same level. In addition when learning a new spell, they may pick from the following spells too, provided they're of a valid level.
(click to show/hide)
Plus a number of extra spells from the cleric spell list as shown on the table. She has to pick spells of a level she can cast. In addition if she casts the spells while inside her mecha, she can channel trough them trough her mecha's limbs, and any ranges/areas are increased at the rate of 1ft->1 mu.
Spells channeled from inside your mecha always have a chance of affecting another mecha, even if they're bigger.

Spirited:Each level of Divine Pilot increases the max number of spirit points of the player by 5. In  addition  the player learns one spirit, and whenever "Spirit" appears on the table she learns one more.

Spirits can be used as a free action at the  beginning  of your turn by paying their cost in spirit points (before you take any other action). You recover 5 spirit points per round up to your maximum. You can use multiple spirits in a turn, but only once each kind of spirit. Spirits that trigger in a condition , such as valor and alert, last 1 minute and then are lost if they are not triggered by the end of the duration.

Spirit List
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:22:54 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Pilot
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 10:19:55 PM »
Crap, posted in wrong place.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:22:41 PM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 08:57:35 PM »
Reserved.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 01:57:54 AM »
Reserved.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 09:24:31 AM »
Shifta - Which version of Area property?
Saner - I believe thats Shifta's mechanical description.
Sazan - Has Fire descriptor. Damage seems too high.
Nazan - Has Fire descriptor.
Nanverse - I guess permanently unable to use ranged attacks makes a sort of sense if the get that fucked up. But permanently knocked down? Does ot break/crush the legs?
Ilzan - Damage seems extreme, but then again it is 9th level.
Megid - Semi-charged Dark Beam from Metroid?
Ramegid - I'm thinking its on purpose because the repeating of it, but it is meant to deal cold damage right? I mean rather than negative.
Seals - Has Darl descriptor.
Namegid - Has Cold descriptor.
Gigrants - So its a melee weapon? The touch range confuses me.
Sar - Level 6 and 8 spell of the same name. Says is healing technique but has text similar to Ryuka (or w/e the spelling is, its that electricity photon art)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 07:51:54 PM »
Shifta - Which version of Area property?
Saner - I believe thats Shifta's mechanical description.
Sazan - Has Fire descriptor. Damage seems too high.
Nazan - Has Fire descriptor.
Nanverse - I guess permanently unable to use ranged attacks makes a sort of sense if the get that fucked up. But permanently knocked down? Does ot break/crush the legs?
Ilzan - Damage seems extreme, but then again it is 9th level.
Megid - Semi-charged Dark Beam from Metroid?
Ramegid - I'm thinking its on purpose because the repeating of it, but it is meant to deal cold damage right? I mean rather than negative.
Seals - Has Darl descriptor.
Namegid - Has Cold descriptor.
Gigrants - So its a melee weapon? The touch range confuses me.
Sar - Level 6 and 8 spell of the same name. Says is healing technique but has text similar to Ryuka (or w/e the spelling is, its that electricity photon art)
-Caster's choice, same for everybody, added.
-Fixed.
-Fixed descriptor, reduced damage.
-Fixed descriptor
-Yes.
-Notice that slashing damage is reduced by DR plus the extra effect is really lesser.
-Not my original intention but fits nicely yes. :p
-Actually supposed to be dark, fixed.
-Fixed.
-Fixed.
-Yes melee weapon of light, if you have suggestions for better wording I'm all ears.
-Ah my bad, the 8th level Light spell should be Reverser, added it now.

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 09:48:19 AM »
I dunno, you could say it to a blade thay allows a certian number of touch attacks with it, or a blade that allows you to make a certain amount of touch attacks as a part of its casting. Also as it is the original intention mention they have to be against different targets.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 01:20:03 AM »
Gigrants text should be clearer now.