Author Topic: Twin Spine Fighting rules clarification  (Read 1378 times)

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
Twin Spine Fighting rules clarification
« on: November 09, 2011, 06:16:58 AM »
I'm confused by the wording on Twin Spine Fighting, the 1st level Spinemeld Warrior class feature(Magic of Incarnum 148).

It says "At 1st level, you can attack with the spines in both your arms as if you were fighting with two light weapons. You cannot combine this ability with attacks using any other weapons".

The class then gives Two Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat.

Question: The spines are normally treated as a natural attack, hence they can only make one attack each, barring rapidstrike/improved rapidstrike. The wording of the feat makes me think that this effectively makes the spine count as a manufactured weapon(a light weapon specifically), but it isn't said specifically, so it could be argued it grants the benefits of rapidstrike (iteratives with natural attacks). I lean towards the first interpretation, if only because they give you two weapon fighting for free at level 2, and it wouldn't apply to natural attacks, so it seems to be RAI that the spines are treated as manufactured weapons by force of the 1st level class feature. Also, the cannot be used with other weapons clause seem to only affect manufactured waepons, but it isn't explicitly said. Which is the case?

Question 2: The Skarn Monk racial substitution level gives us Spine Strike, which effectively makes the Spines count as unarmed strikes for the purpose of monk class features, including flurry of blows. Does this mean it gains iteratives as normal for unarmed strikes, or they stay as natural weapons(Only one attack each)?

These points confuse me greatly.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
Re: Twin Spine Fighting rules clarification
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 11:49:43 AM »
 :joystick *Shameless Self-Bump*
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life