Author Topic: Optimizing a Warmage/Silver Pyromancer?  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
Optimizing a Warmage/Silver Pyromancer?
« on: November 19, 2018, 09:29:20 PM »
I noticed Warmage was listed as a possible entry to Silver Pyromancer, and it's actually a pretty decent choice for them. It gets all Paladin spells added to class list and can make fire damage bypass immunity. Only problem is getting Turn Undead requires a Cleric or Sacred Exorcist dip, and dipping Sacred Exorcist requires a bloodline from Dragon Compendium and the Education feat to qualify and it takes longer to enter Silver Pyromancer.

Is there any further way to optimize it? Any notable Paladin spells they get good use out of?

Offline Nanashi

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 09:29:46 PM »
I noticed Warmage was listed as a possible entry to Silver Pyromancer, and it's actually a pretty decent choice for them. It gets all Paladin spells added to class list and can make fire damage bypass immunity. Only problem is getting Turn Undead requires a Cleric or Sacred Exorcist dip, and dipping Sacred Exorcist requires a bloodline from Dragon Compendium and the Education feat to qualify and it takes longer to enter Silver Pyromancer.

Is there any further way to optimize it? Any notable Paladin spells they get good use out of?

Offline faeryn

• Dedicated Spellthief: stealing all your spells
    • View Profile
PF: looking for some advice on a couple builds
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 12:17:10 AM »
Ok, so I'm currently playing in 2 seperate Pathfinder campaigns, and I'm trying to figure out how to keep my 2 characters up to par with the rest of the party as we advance into higher levels. In one campaign we just hit lv4 this week, and in the other we just hit Lv5 last week. My 2 characters are a Catfolk Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue (Lv4) and a Halfling Unlettered Arcanist (Lv5).

The Rogue uses her Natural Weapons (claws) for combat, and her spells are focused towards utilities. She's also got the Multiclass Variant Wizard progression (minus 3rd Level Familiar, DM permitted skipping the Familiar to keep 3rd level Feat), with the Aether Elemental Arcane School, Water opposition. What I'm looking for is some options to improve her Natural Weapons and Sneak Attack, without sacrificing her spell casting in the process.

The Arcanist is heavily focused on Enchantment and Divination spells themed around "Luck". She's even got herself access to the Destined Bloodline, and will be picking up the Luck-Fate Domain, and Divination-Foresight Arcane School in a couple of levels. What I'm looking for here, is some options for her in later levels when Enchantments start to drop off in usefulness due to Immunities. I'd like to keep her theme of a "Luck Caster" running though.

The builds
  • Race: Catfolk
  • Class: Rogue:4
  • Archetype: Eldritch Scoundrel
  • Rogue Talents: Finesse Rogue
  • Sneak Attack: 2d6 (1d6 Class + 1d6 Feat)
  • Feats: Catfolk Exemplar [Sharp Claws], Accomplished Sneak Attacker
  • Attributes: Str15, Dex18, Con13, Int18, Wis11,Cha12
  • Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1
  • Planned Magic Items: Body Wrap of Mighty Strikes +1[Agile] (Will likely go all the way to +5 enhancement, unsure of what to get for remaining +1 equivalent enchant.)
  • Spells: All Lv0 Wizard Spells, Obscure Poison, Shield, Mage Armor, Mirror Strike, Seclude Grimoire, Memorize Page, Keep Watch, Detect Secret Doors, Comprehend Languages, True Strike, Blurred Movement, Vanish, Pilfering Hand, Knock
  • Familiar: Cat (Egotist/Bloodline), Extra Item Slot [Body]
  • Race: Halfling
  • Class: Arcanist:4/Sorcerer:1
  • Archetype: Unlettered Arcanist, White Mage, Crossblooded
  • Planned Classes: Wizard:1 (at 7th Lv, Divination-Foresight School)
  • Arcane Exploits: Armored Mask, Bloodline Development (from Feat)
  • Planned Exploits: Theurge [Luck-Fate], Greater Theurge [Luck-Fate], School Understanding
  • Bloodline: Destined, Fey (+2 DC of Compulsion spells)
  • Feats: Spell Focus [Enchantment], Greater Spell Focus [Enchantment], Extra Arcanist Exploit [Bloodline Development] (Allows Arcanist & Sorcerer levels to stack for Bloodline progression)
  • Planned Feats: Extra Arcanist Exploit [School Understanding] (Allows Arcanist & Wizard levels to stack for Arcane School progression)
  • Attributes: Str8, Dex13, Con13, Int16, Wis10,Cha16
  • Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments (Items are not integral to character and may be replaced)
  • Planned Magic Items: Sorcerer's Robe of Arcane Heritage (pending DM approval)
  • Arcanist Spells: All Lv0 Witch Spells, Cure Light Wounds, Twisted Futures, Blood Money, Ill Omen, Lucky Number, Identify, Bungle, Unprepared Combatant, Touch of Blindness, Hermean Potential, Umbral Weapon, Qualm
  • Sorcerer Spells: Root, Open/Close, Jolt, Polypurpose Panacea

Offline faeryn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 12:17:40 AM »
Ok, so I'm currently playing in 2 seperate Pathfinder campaigns, and I'm trying to figure out how to keep my 2 characters up to par with the rest of the party as we advance into higher levels. In one campaign we just hit lv4 this week, and in the other we just hit Lv5 last week. My 2 characters are a Catfolk Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue (Lv4) and a Halfling Unlettered Arcanist (Lv5).

The Rogue uses her Natural Weapons (claws) for combat, and her spells are focused towards utilities. She's also got the Multiclass Variant Wizard progression (minus 3rd Level Familiar, DM permitted skipping the Familiar to keep 3rd level Feat), with the Aether Elemental Arcane School, Water opposition. What I'm looking for is some options to improve her Natural Weapons and Sneak Attack, without sacrificing her spell casting in the process.

The Arcanist is heavily focused on Enchantment and Divination spells themed around "Luck". She's even got herself access to the Destined Bloodline, and will be picking up the Luck-Fate Domain, and Divination-Foresight Arcane School in a couple of levels. What I'm looking for here, is some options for her in later levels when Enchantments start to drop off in usefulness due to Immunities. I'd like to keep her theme of a "Luck Caster" running though.

The builds
  • Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1
  • Planned Magic Items: Body Wrap of Mighty Strikes +1[Agile] (Will likely go all the way to +5 enhancement, unsure of what to get for remaining +1 equivalent enchant.)
  • Spells: All Lv0 Wizard Spells, Obscure Poison, Shield, Mage Armor, Mirror Strike, Seclude Grimoire, Memorize Page, Keep Watch, Detect Secret Doors, Comprehend Languages, True Strike, Blurred Movement, Vanish, Pilfering Hand, Knock
  • Planned Exploits: Theurge [Luck-Fate], Greater Theurge [Luck-Fate], School Understanding
  • Feats: Spell Focus [Enchantment], Greater Spell Focus [Enchantment], Extra Arcanist Exploit [Bloodline Development] (Allows Arcanist & Sorcerer levels to stack for Bloodline progression)
  • Planned Feats: Extra Arcanist Exploit [School Understanding] (Allows Arcanist & Wizard levels to stack for Arcane School progression)
  • Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments (Items are not integral to character and may be replaced)
  • Arcanist Spells: All Lv0 Witch Spells, Cure Light Wounds, Twisted Futures, Blood Money, Ill Omen, Lucky Number, Identify, Bungle, Unprepared Combatant, Touch of Blindness, Hermean Potential, Umbral Weapon, Qualm

Offline faeryn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 12:29:31 AM »

The builds

Offline faeryn

• View Profile
looking for some advice on a couple builds (Pathfinder)
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 12:30:03 AM »

The builds

Offline faeryn

• View Profile
looking for some advice on a couple builds (Pathfinder)
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 12:37:45 AM »

The builds

Offline Nanashi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 02:06:51 AM »
I saw Warmage called out as a possible entry to this class and was surprised to find it was actually good for them: It gets to bypass fire immunity and adds all paladin spells to its list. Other than using Sacred Exorcist (requires a bloodline from Dragon Compendium, not like you have any [chaotic] spells to lose, and Educated to enter) to skip the cleric dip, is there anything interesting to do with it? Any worthwhile Paladin spells beyond the buffs?

Offline Nanashi

• View Profile
Optimizing a Warmage into Silver Pyromancer?
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 02:07:14 AM »
I saw Warmage called out as a possible entry to this class and was surprised to find it was actually good for them: It gets to bypass fire immunity and adds all paladin spells to its list. Other than using Sacred Exorcist (requires a bloodline from Dragon Compendium, not like you have any [chaotic] spells to lose, and Educated to enter) to skip the cleric dip, is there anything interesting to do with it? Any worthwhile Paladin spells beyond the buffs?

Offline faeryn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2018, 01:24:19 PM »

The builds

Offline faeryn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 01:27:32 PM »

The builds
Race: Catfolk
Class: Rogue:4
Archetype: Eldritch Scoundrel
Rogue Talents: Finesse Rogue
Sneak Attack: 2d6 (1d6 Class + 1d6 Feat)
Feats: Catfolk Exemplar [Sharp Claws], Accomplished Sneak Attacker
Attributes: Str15, Dex18, Con13, Int18, Wis11,Cha12
Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1
Planned Magic Items: Body Wrap of Mighty Strikes +1[Agile] (Will likely go all the way to +5 enhancement, unsure of what to get for remaining +1 equivalent enchant.)
Spells: All Lv0 Wizard Spells, Obscure Poison, Shield, Mage Armor, Mirror Strike, Seclude Grimoire, Memorize Page, Keep Watch, Detect Secret Doors, Comprehend Languages, True Strike, Blurred Movement, Vanish, Pilfering Hand, Knock
Familiar: Cat (Egotist/Bloodline), Extra Item Slot [Body]

Race: Halfling
Class: Arcanist:4/Sorcerer:1
Archetype: Unlettered Arcanist, White Mage, Crossblooded
Planned Classes: Wizard:1 (at 7th Lv, Divination-Foresight School)
Arcane Exploits: Armored Mask, Bloodline Development (from Feat)
Planned Exploits: Theurge [Luck-Fate], Greater Theurge [Luck-Fate], School Understanding
Bloodline: Destined, Fey (+2 DC of Compulsion spells)
Feats: Spell Focus [Enchantment], Greater Spell Focus [Enchantment], Extra Arcanist Exploit [Bloodline Development] (Allows Arcanist & Sorcerer levels to stack for Bloodline progression)
Planned Feats: Extra Arcanist Exploit [School Understanding] (Allows Arcanist & Wizard levels to stack for Arcane School progression)
Attributes: Str8, Dex13, Con13, Int16, Wis10,Cha16
Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments (Items are not integral to character and may be replaced)
Planned Magic Items: Sorcerer's Robe of Arcane Heritage (pending DM approval)
Arcanist Spells: All Lv0 Witch Spells, Cure Light Wounds, Twisted Futures, Blood Money, Ill Omen, Lucky Number, Identify, Bungle, Unprepared Combatant, Touch of Blindness, Hermean Potential, Umbral Weapon, Qualm
Sorcerer Spells: Root, Open/Close, Jolt, Polypurpose Panacea

Offline faeryn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 01:36:54 PM »

The builds
Race: Catfolk
Class: Rogue:4
Archetype: Eldritch Scoundrel
Rogue Talents: Finesse Rogue
Sneak Attack: 2d6 (1d6 Class + 1d6 Feat)
Feats: Catfolk Exemplar [Sharp Claws], Accomplished Sneak Attacker
Attributes: Str15, Dex18, Con13, Int18, Wis11,Cha12
Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments, Amulet of Natural Armor +1, Ring of Protection +1
Planned Magic Items: Body Wrap of Mighty Strikes +1[Agile] (Will likely go all the way to +5 enhancement, unsure of what to get for remaining +1 equivalent enchant.)
Spells: All Lv0 Wizard Spells, Obscure Poison, Shield, Mage Armor, Mirror Strike, Seclude Grimoire, Memorize Page, Keep Watch, Detect Secret Doors, Comprehend Languages, True Strike, Blurred Movement, Vanish, Pilfering Hand, Knock
Familiar: Cat (Egotist/Bloodline), Extra Item Slot [Body]

Race: Halfling
Class: Arcanist:4/Sorcerer:1
Archetype: Unlettered Arcanist, White Mage, Crossblooded
Planned Classes: Wizard:1 (at 7th Lv, Divination-Foresight School)
Arcane Exploits: Armored Mask, Bloodline Development (from Feat)
Planned Exploits: Theurge [Luck-Fate], Greater Theurge [Luck-Fate], School Understanding
Bloodline: Destined, Fey (+2 DC of Compulsion spells)
Feats: Spell Focus [Enchantment], Greater Spell Focus [Enchantment], Extra Arcanist Exploit [Bloodline Development] (Allows Arcanist & Sorcerer levels to stack for Bloodline progression)
Planned Feats: Extra Arcanist Exploit [School Understanding] (Allows Arcanist & Wizard levels to stack for Arcane School progression)
Attributes: Str8, Dex13, Con13, Int16, Wis10,Cha16
Magic Items: Apprentice's Cheating Gloves, Sleeves of Many Garments (Items are not integral to character and may be replaced)
Planned Magic Items: Sorcerer's Robe of Arcane Heritage (pending DM approval)
Arcanist Spells: All Lv0 Witch Spells, Cure Light Wounds, Twisted Futures, Blood Money, Ill Omen, Lucky Number, Identify, Bungle, Unprepared Combatant, Touch of Blindness, Hermean Potential, Umbral Weapon, Qualm
Sorcerer Spells: Root, Open/Close, Jolt, Polypurpose Panacea

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
[Misc] Traits
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 05:31:11 PM »
Some UA Traits suitable for Ravenloft. They have been mostly adapted from existing RL background feats that were to weak to be full-blown feats.

Back to the Wall
When the going gets rough, the rough get tough, and you surely are rough. On the downside you tend to be careless when things are going too smoothly.

Benefit
You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and your AC when you are below 50% of your maximum hit points. Below 25%, this bonus increases to +2.

Drawback
You suffer a -1 penalty to attack rolls and your AC while you are at 90% of your hit points or better.

Cold One
You either had a near-death experience, a brush with a level-draining undead or were simply unlucky enough to have residual necromantic magic affect you in the womb. You show corpse-like traits like pale skin, sunken eyes, breath too shallow to be obvious and/or cold and clammy skin, but you are perfectly alive.

Benefit
Mindless undead view you as one of their own, and will ignore you unless you attack them first. Intelligent undead must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your HD + Cha Bonus) to realize that you are not undead.
When you are dying, you lose hit points at the rate of only 1 HP per two rounds.

Drawback
Healing spells (and items derived from them) are less effective on you, giving you 1d3 hit point less (minimum of 1 hit point healed).
Healing spells relying on fast healing (such as Lesser Vigor) have no effect on you in the first 1d3 rounds, then heal you normally.

Ethereal Empathy
You are unusually sensitive to the Near Ethereal and the restless dead and other creatures inhabiting it.

Benefit
You can see and hear creatures that are ethereal as if they were normally visible. Unlike the see invisible spell, this capacity does not reveal illusions or allow you to see invisible or astral creatures. Your ability to see ethereal creatures is limited only by your own visual range. You are vulnerable to gaze attacks from ethereal creatures. Ethereal creatures can also see you unusually clearly and must succeed at a Will save at DC 15 to realize that you are not actually in the Near Ethereal as well. This is a supernatural ability.
As a swift action, you can take 1d4 points of Charisma damage to gain the Ghost Touch property for your own body (including unarmed strikes and natural weapons) and any melee weapons you are currently wielding for a number of rounds equal to the Charisma damage. This is a personal effect that cannot be passed off to others (such as by passing over weapons).
Furthermore, as a move action you can sense ethereal resonance within a 30-foot radius with a successful Will save, with a DC equal to (30 - resonance rank x5).  If you beat the DC by 10 or more, you can see a dream-like echo of the resonating scene. Some resonating scenes may require Horror saves.

Drawback
You suffer -1 to all saves and your Touch AC against incorporeal undead and other ethereal creatures.

Haunted
One of your friends, allies or loved ones has returned from the grave as a benign geist (3.0 Denizens of Darkness p. 62ff / 3.5 Denizens of Dread p.81ff) and is watching over you. Your guardian spirit normally remains in the Near Ethereal. Those who can see ethereal creatures may spot the geist lurking near you, but it is otherwise invisible and intangible.

Benefit
The geist acts as a second pair of eyes and ears when it manifests, giving you a +1 bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks. The geist can also inform you of events that take place in your presence while you are asleep, unconscious or possessed, or otherwise deprived of your senses.

Drawback
At every dusk there is a 20% chance that the geist requires sustenance, draining 1d4 Wisdom from you or a helpless living humanoid. If it doesn't receive sustenance by dawn it fades away into the afterlife, and you permanently lose this trait. Subjecting others to the drain counts as Grievous Assault for the purpose of invoking Powers Checks.

Lunatic
Your mind and body are tied to the cycles of the moon, making you more energetic and excitable as the moon waxes. This effect may be the result of subtle madness or a diluted supernatural heritage, such as Vistani blood.

Benefit / Drawback
You have a +1 bonus to all attack rolls, Fortitude and Reflex saves, and Charisma-based skills whenever the moon is gibbous (more than half full). This bonus rises to +2 during the three-night period of the full moon. During the three-night period of the new moon, you suffer a -2 penalty to these rolls instead. These modifiers are flipped for Will saves - +2 during the new moon, -1 during the gibbous moon, and -2 during the full moon.

Redheaded
According to the folklore of some domains, people bom with red hair have a special connection to nature magic. They could be part of a hereditary witch cult, come from a lineage with some hag blood in it, or simply have been marked by fey in the crib.

Prerequisite:
Wis or Cha 13+

Benefit:
Pick two 0th-level spells and one 1st-level spell from the Gleaner and Healer list, as well as the Curse* and Plant clerical domains. You can cast each chosen spell once per day as a spell-like ability, using either Wisdom or Charisma as your spellcasting ability and your hit dice as caster level. You must make this choice as you pick this trait and cannot change it later.
At certain hit dice tresholds, you pick up additional spells from the above lists as daily spell-like abilities as shown below:
1-3HD: 2+1
4-7HD: 2+2
8-11HD: 3+2/1
12-15HD: 3+2/2
16-19HD: 4+2/2
20+HD: 4+2/2/1

*3.0 RL: Champions of Darkness p.23

Drawback:
Your close connection to magic makes you also more susceptible to it. You suffer a -1 penalty to all saves against spells and spell-like abilities. If you ever acquire spell resistance, it is reduced by 1.

Special:
You don't need to pick up this trait to be a redhead, but you must be a natural-born redhead to qualify for this trait. Races without head hair (such as illumians) obviously cannot qualify for this trait.

Reincarnated
You have vague, dream-like memories of a former life.

Benefit
Choose one skill you do not have as a class skill (except Knowledge (Ravenloft)). This skill is always considered a class skill for you, and you gain a +1 bonus to it.

Drawback
The memories of your former life come with distracting and misleading day-dreams and déjà-vus. You suffer a -1 penalty to initiative rolls as well as Spot and Listen checks.

Voice of Wrath
The Dark Powers heed your cries of anguish and despair more often than common prisoners of the mists, and lay down terrible fates on your enemies... for a price.

Benefit
You gain a +4 bonus to Curse checks. Additionally, you gain a +1 bonus to save DC and caster level for all spells and spell-like abilities of the Curse domain or with the keyword Curse in it.

Drawback
Your close connection to the Dark Powers makes others feel uneasy. You suffer a -1 penalty to Diplomacy, Gather Information and Perform checks. Additionally, whenever you have to make a Powers Check you have to roll twice, counting the lower of the two results.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
[Misc] Traits
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2018, 05:31:50 PM »
Some UA Traits suitable for Ravenloft. They have been mostly adapted from existing RL background feats that were to weak to be full-blown feats.

Back to the Wall
When the going gets rough, the rough get tough, and you surely are rough. On the downside you tend to be careless when things are going too smoothly.

Benefit
You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls and your AC when you are below 50% of your maximum hit points. Below 25%, this bonus increases to +2.

Drawback
You suffer a -1 penalty to attack rolls and your AC while you are at 90% of your hit points or better.

Cold One
You either had a near-death experience, a brush with a level-draining undead or were simply unlucky enough to have residual necromantic magic affect you in the womb. You show corpse-like traits like pale skin, sunken eyes, breath too shallow to be obvious and/or cold and clammy skin, but you are perfectly alive.

Benefit
Mindless undead view you as one of their own, and will ignore you unless you attack them first. Intelligent undead must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your HD + Cha Bonus) to realize that you are not undead.
When you are dying, you lose hit points at the rate of only 1 HP per two rounds.

Drawback
Healing spells (and items derived from them) are less effective on you, giving you 1d3 hit point less (minimum of 1 hit point healed).
Healing spells relying on fast healing (such as Lesser Vigor) have no effect on you in the first 1d3 rounds, then heal you normally.

Ethereal Empathy
You are unusually sensitive to the Near Ethereal and the restless dead and other creatures inhabiting it.

Benefit
You can see and hear creatures that are ethereal as if they were normally visible. Unlike the see invisible spell, this capacity does not reveal illusions or allow you to see invisible or astral creatures. Your ability to see ethereal creatures is limited only by your own visual range. You are vulnerable to gaze attacks from ethereal creatures. Ethereal creatures can also see you unusually clearly and must succeed at a Will save at DC 15 to realize that you are not actually in the Near Ethereal as well. This is a supernatural ability.
As a swift action, you can take 1d4 points of Charisma damage to gain the Ghost Touch property for your own body (including unarmed strikes and natural weapons) and any melee weapons you are currently wielding for a number of rounds equal to the Charisma damage. This is a personal effect that cannot be passed off to others (such as by passing over weapons).
Furthermore, as a move action you can sense ethereal resonance within a 30-foot radius with a successful Will save, with a DC equal to (30 - resonance rank x5).  If you beat the DC by 10 or more, you can see a dream-like echo of the resonating scene. Some resonating scenes may require Horror saves.

Drawback
You suffer -1 to all saves and your Touch AC against incorporeal undead and other ethereal creatures.

Haunted
One of your friends, allies or loved ones has returned from the grave as a benign geist (3.0 Denizens of Darkness p. 62ff / 3.5 Denizens of Dread p.81ff) and is watching over you. Your guardian spirit normally remains in the Near Ethereal. Those who can see ethereal creatures may spot the geist lurking near you, but it is otherwise invisible and intangible.

Benefit
The geist acts as a second pair of eyes and ears when it manifests, giving you a +1 bonus on Search, Spot, and Listen checks. The geist can also inform you of events that take place in your presence while you are asleep, unconscious or possessed, or otherwise deprived of your senses.

Drawback
At every dusk there is a 20% chance that the geist requires sustenance, draining 1d4 Wisdom from you or a helpless living humanoid. If it doesn't receive sustenance by dawn it fades away into the afterlife, and you permanently lose this trait. Subjecting others to the drain counts as Grievous Assault for the purpose of invoking Powers Checks.

Lunatic
Your mind and body are tied to the cycles of the moon, making you more energetic and excitable as the moon waxes. This effect may be the result of subtle madness or a diluted supernatural heritage, such as Vistani blood.

Benefit / Drawback
You have a +1 bonus to all attack rolls, Fortitude and Reflex saves, and Charisma-based skills whenever the moon is gibbous (more than half full). This bonus rises to +2 during the three-night period of the full moon. During the three-night period of the new moon, you suffer a -2 penalty to these rolls instead. These modifiers are flipped for Will saves - +2 during the new moon, -1 during the gibbous moon, and -2 during the full moon.

Redheaded
According to the folklore of some domains, people bom with red hair have a special connection to nature magic. They could be part of a hereditary witch cult, come from a lineage with some hag blood in it, or simply have been marked by fey in the crib.

Prerequisite:
Wis or Cha 13+

Benefit:
Pick two 0th-level spells and one 1st-level spell from the Gleaner and Healer list, as well as the Curse* and Plant clerical domains. You can cast each chosen spell once per day as a spell-like ability, using either Wisdom or Charisma as your spellcasting ability and your hit dice as caster level. You must make this choice as you pick this trait and cannot change it later.
At certain hit dice tresholds, you pick up additional spells from the above lists as daily spell-like abilities as shown below:

Drawback:
Your close connection to magic makes you also more susceptible to it. You suffer a -1 penalty to all saves against spells and spell-like abilities. If you ever acquire spell resistance, it is reduced by 1.

Special:
You don't need to pick up this trait to be a redhead, but you must be a natural-born redhead to qualify for this trait. Races without head hair (such as illumians) obviously cannot qualify for this trait.

Reincarnated

Benefit
Choose one skill you do not have as a class skill (except Knowledge (Ravenloft)). This skill is always considered a class skill for you, and you gain a +1 bonus to it.

Drawback
The memories of your former life come with distracting and misleading day-dreams and déjà-vus. You suffer a -1 penalty to initiative rolls as well as Spot and Listen checks.

Voice of Wrath
The Dark Powers heed your cries of anguish and despair more often than common prisoners of the mists, and lay down terrible fates on your enemies... for a price.

Benefit
You gain a +4 bonus to Curse checks. Additionally, you gain a +1 bonus to save DC and caster level for all spells and spell-like abilities of the Curse domain or with the keyword Curse in it.

Drawback
Your close connection to the Dark Powers makes others feel uneasy. You suffer a -1 penalty to Diplomacy, Gather Information and Perform checks. Additionally, whenever you have to make a Powers Check you have to roll twice, counting the lower of the two results.

Offline Skyrock

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
[Misc] Traits
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 05:34:16 PM »

Back to the Wall

Benefit

Drawback

Cold One

Benefit

Drawback

Ethereal Empathy

Benefit

Drawback

Haunted

Benefit

Drawback

Lunatic

Benefit / Drawback

Redheaded

Prerequisite:
Wis or Cha 13+

Benefit:

Drawback:

Special:

Reincarnated

Benefit

Drawback

Voice of Wrath

Benefit

Drawback