Author Topic: Chattin'  (Read 182620 times)

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chattin'
« Reply #900 on: March 27, 2016, 09:05:20 AM »
No idea. Honestly, I'd PM SolEiji. He's made some pretty good maps with it so far.

ksbsnowowl might be able to help as well...

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 29, 2016, 02:42:09 AM »
gmme a day or two guys, I just got ambushed by some surprise work that needs done yesterday

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 01, 2016, 05:51:38 PM »
Okay I somehow have to make my own gallery of stuff and use it to upload, you cant access multiple galleries.  I'm also about to be swamped by a large workload, so would it be okay to not use a map?

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 02, 2016, 03:14:44 PM »
Okay I somehow have to make my own gallery of stuff and use it to upload, you cant access multiple galleries.  I'm also about to be swamped by a large workload, so would it be okay to not use a map?

No problem, as long as I get to hit stuff too...

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 02, 2016, 06:08:13 PM »

No real problems.
Just be aware that this will end up like the last battle in that I will end up asking you half a dozen questions every time my turn comes up.
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 07, 2016, 03:57:53 AM »
Of course it's a 1.
What else would it be?
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 11, 2016, 12:41:20 AM »
I know it looks bad, but i has faith you guys can pull this out

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 11, 2016, 11:18:13 PM »
It doesn't say how it reacts with moving over actual ice, but my boots (belt) of skating already says I move as if on ice and can perfectly control my movement mentally. I really just don't have faith in any of my saves except fort -_-'

So how does this react with stuff like ice slicks or grease spells?

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 12, 2016, 01:02:51 AM »
you're good then, you.re pretty much adjacent to the tree anyway

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 16, 2016, 02:53:26 AM »
this is the last time i use a critter from a published adventure...

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 20, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »
a pol on everyoes thoughts:

If a pc is hit with two spells or spell like Mind-Affecting effects, and they fail to save vs both, which one takes precedence?

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 21, 2016, 01:23:02 AM »
Depends on the effect. Like being mind controlled by two casters is tricky.

Did you imply it was a fear effect in the game thread? Fear effects stack.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 21, 2016, 07:48:06 AM »
I'd have to know more to know how I'd adjudicate. A couple examples:

If Wizard A casts Dominate then Wizard B does the same, I'd have Wizard B's take precedence, as it's more recent.

If Wizard A casts Dominate then Wizard B casts Charm Person, I'd have the person regard wizard B as a friend, but Wizard A could still control them. If Wizard A directs them to attack Wizard B (and they are friendly because of the Charm spell), then I'd see it as being an action against their nature, granting a new save at +2.
My creations

Please direct moderation-related PMs to Forum Staff.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 21, 2016, 03:05:17 PM »
The tree cast Fear, which I had forgotten was a cone area of effect, and there wil be PC's in it's way.  They're already under a mind-affecting effect to approach the tree, which can only be dispelled by powerful magic the PC's dont have access to at their level.  So do I make them save vs Fear and potentially run, or since there's a limited range of spells that can end their current compulsion do I say it overrides the Fear?

It is Mind-Affecting so the mask saves Mustave

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 21, 2016, 10:55:56 PM »
The tree cast Fear, which I had forgotten was a cone area of effect, and there wil be PC's in it's way.  They're already under a mind-affecting effect to approach the tree, which can only be dispelled by powerful magic the PC's dont have access to at their level.  So do I make them save vs Fear and potentially run, or since there's a limited range of spells that can end their current compulsion do I say it overrides the Fear?
I guess I don't know the wording of the approach effect, but I would assume that a 4th level Fear spell can't overcome it if it needs "powerful magic" (assuming that is defined in the entry). Otherwise, a simple first level Cause Fear spell could potentially negate the effect.

It's just compulsions, not all mind-affecting spells.
My creations

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: April 22, 2016, 01:28:33 AM »
I guess I don't know the wording of the approach effect, but I would assume that a 4th level Fear spell can't overcome it if it needs "powerful magic" (assuming that is defined in the entry). Otherwise, a simple first level Cause Fear spell could potentially negate the effect.

It's just compulsions, not all mind-affecting spells.

Ah.  Then you is afeared for 10 rounds.

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 22, 2016, 10:17:32 AM »
I don't know... It may be just me, but it seems like we are slightly fucked. Everyone is out of their minds, and the NPCs don't seem reliable enough to survive this and help us at the same time...

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 22, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »
You aren't as bad off as you think (for reasons I'll explain later).  What ticks me off is this was supposed to be an ok run for "4 or more 8th level adventurers".   I had to buff the hell out of every encounter in it, and it was still a speed bump for you guys, until the tree.  I have no idea how the fuck  four 8th level guys are supposed to swat this thing.  I only used a published adventure as a sort of side quest cause real life was screwing me over and I didn't have teh time to set down and make something.  Last time I make that mistake...

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • Honorary Mod
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 23, 2016, 02:13:13 AM »
And now to answer Solo's query: The only way to break the trees hold short of it attacking you is Wish, Limited Wish, Miracle, or the 12th Level Bard ability "Song of Freedom."

You all have my apologies for this, I had a moment of troubles and will do better in the future.

Offline RobbyPants

• Female rat ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 23, 2016, 08:34:24 AM »
Maybe if we get it down to half HP, the tree will run away!
My creations