Author Topic: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow  (Read 177395 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode I- Towards a Better Tomorrow
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2014, 11:31:18 AM »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »
Min-Yung took her silence for what it probably was. The woman had nothing.
"Do you have an actual argument or is throwing terrible, wild accusations like this with nothing to back them up a part of your work ethics?"

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2014, 12:01:43 PM »
"You're saying that the Administration would use perfect logic and thus make no mistakes. The whole situation requires making mistake after mistake to let things get this bad. Besides, I remember the war; they weren't perfect then else I wouldn't be alive. I can fully believe in hiring mercenaries even if there are experiments going on; who'd believe those who serve the highest bidder over a government?"

Well, aside from people that never trusted the Administration in the first place.

The glowing sword was pointed in Maia's direction--that, really, because its wielder was left-handed, "So it's up to Maia here: the Administration doing things it shouldn't?"

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »
"I am not. Everyone makes mistakes. It does not incriminate us more than it doesn't. The logical issues I mentioned are beyond the range of a mere mistake. It is a great series of oversights even a child could avoid. The situation getting this bad is not indicative of our own misdeeds but of our incompetence to foresee and prevent it, or perhaps of our management decisions to focus on other spheres of higher priority based on the then low threat danger levels on Ragol and its inhabitants. We had a moment of weakness between the two colonization waves and it was taken advantage of by a competent faction that could override our efforts. We should gather information on who that may be. You are taking the easy way and just pointing at the only faction you know that has access to the premise without considering that certain groups indeed do have the resources to make this operation possible."

When she pointed her weapon, knowingly or not, toward one of her own, Min-Yung stepped in front of it.
She barely moved then but her eyes were fixed on her.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2014, 01:38:27 PM »
"If the Administration is innocent, they should have no trouble confirming it. Blind faith gets nowhere, logic that can be reasoned out on the fly can be manipulated," was the answer, quiet for once, "How long has contact been lost?"

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2014, 08:14:39 PM »
This was not Katherine's area of expertise. And her uncomfortable nervousness from continuing to hang around was just growing by the second as Ammy & Min-Yung argued. She started slowly backing away from the conversation, heading for the door and quietly leaving to go catch up with Hugo & Baha at the bar. That should be a much less tense environment to cool off before they were possibly sent back out. Oh! And apparently she'd gotten a paycheck somewhere during all of that. Time for a distraction from work, then.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 26, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »
"I have faith in truth, evidence and logical deductions. You have blind faith in your own unfounded deductions. I have already given you very reasonable reasons why your claims could simply just not be but you are dismissing all logic that threatens your assumptions. How much more obvious must it be for you to see it? If you make accusations, the burden of proof is yours. We can assist in enlightening you but you could have had the courtesy of having a solid case to support your claims instead of accusing now and investigating later."

What was really annoying was that she herself couldn't speak freely for the while. Not with the Maia unit nearby.
Giving full answers was troublesome. She could have answered that last question. It happened while they were preparing for the second colonization wave, not so long ago, but letting the Maia unit answer this one and give the specifics would be appropriate.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 26, 2014, 11:05:23 AM »
"All your logic assumes it's worse to have us find out than to get information. Half the group are complete unknowns, you're part of the Administration, and I was on the other side in the war; nobody would listen. Let the lady answer the question, then we'll know."

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 26, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:19 PM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 06:13:33 PM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2014, 08:39:14 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2014, 09:49:34 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #392 on: September 17, 2014, 05:43:35 AM »
"Oh, right, the experimentation... I found the scientist behind all that, you know? He was in two pieces even before the dome exploded. Let his latest creation free, too." she said, seeming quite calm, "Going to explain why you were authorising a scientist to illicitly turn people into sleeper agents and living weapons?"
There were 219 scientists assigned to the first colonist wave. My records don't show any authorization for any of the them to experiment with bio-weapons.

After Laurent's explanation, she suggested: "Was the perimeter equipped with an automatic waste disposal system? If this process was introduced by the invaders it could perhaps be profitable to observe it and discover where the debris are either either disposed of or recycled."
Automatic waste disposal system was included in the basic specifications of the different colony facilities. Organics can be such messy beings after all, constantly shedding off their dead cells. Any such debris should be recycled into a variety of utility chemical compounds.

Regarding Enne, or rather, Elle, Min-Yung seemed unmoved.
"She introduced herself as Enne. Your confirmed matches fit her described duty. What were the coordinates of the monolith?"
We'll keep such fact in mind during our interrogation. As for the monolith coordinates, didn't Elle give them to you already? If not, we'll make sure to interrogate her on that matter, and inform you as soon as we have them.

"Someone high up is behind this."
I concur that some powerful organization is backing this incident. I just don't see why it would be someone from the Android Administration. We started the colony project, we wouldn't want to ruin it.

The glowing sword was pointed in Maia's direction--that, really, because its wielder was left-handed, "So it's up to Maia here: the Administration doing things it shouldn't?"
That statement counters itself. The Android Administration operates on logic. It only does what it calculates it should be done. It is organics that almost ruined their own planet due to their erratic chemical-based decision makers.

When she pointed her weapon, knowingly or not, toward one of her own, Min-Yung stepped in front of it.
She barely moved then but her eyes were fixed on her.
Half of Maia's bots swiftly surround Amaterasu from the other sides, while the Android keeps her diplomatic smile:
Please let us not escalate this, Amaterasu. There are a lot of organic beings inside this ship, and if you use your weapon systems in here, they will suffer the colateral damage. If you're sincerly so worried about the first wave of colonists, then you should be worried about this ones as well.

"How long has contact been lost?"
Thirteen solar cycles, sixteen hours, two minutes and five seconds, by the Algol time system.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:02:52 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 17, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
"One every two hours... fine, but I'm going to try and find out what's going on."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 17, 2014, 10:28:36 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 17, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »
Quote from: Amaterasu
you're part of the Administration, and I was on the other side in the war; nobody would listen
Listen to what? What does that have to do with anything? We ended the war back then, someone had to. Now we are determined to stop whatever terror is being bred in Ragol.

Quote from: Maia
We'll keep such fact in mind during our interrogation. As for the monolith coordinates, didn't Elle give them to you already? -this happens before Elle is taken away-
"No, she said she would give them to me once we'd leave the facility, which is why I am asking her for them now."

The automatic waste disposal system would explain what the facility kept getting rid of all the debris but depending on its efficiency it might have taken a while to clean up. Odds were excellent that the underground facilities also were equipped with it so how it would interact with the collapse of the dome on the surface was intriguing. Investigating the waste recycling factory might not be very conclusive as far as getting answers went, though.

Once Amaterasu would be gone, Min-Yung would turn to Maia. There was more to be said.
"There is more to report, but what conclusions are to be made of the following observations are most likely all very high in the confidential levels. I prefer transmitting them while the rest of the investigation group isn't around to avoid unnecessary emotional responses. Requesting your selection of transmission method. Even here I do not particularly fancy discussing these matters openly."

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 17, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #397 on: September 18, 2014, 10:22:03 AM »
"One every two hours... fine, but I'm going to try and find out what's going on."
Maia keeps smiling.

We fully expect that. That's why you're being paid after all.

Quote from: Maia
We'll keep such fact in mind during our interrogation. As for the monolith coordinates, didn't Elle give them to you already? -this happens before Elle is taken away-
"No, she said she would give them to me once we'd leave the facility, which is why I am asking her for them now."
Maia looks at Elle and the woman lets out an audible sigh before speaking:

Sector 241 of the planet grid, roughly three kilometers and fifteen meters south from the center of the north side. Watch out for the local wildlife. There's some agressive specimens around that can actually threaten military mechas.

Once Amaterasu would be gone, Min-Yung would turn to Maia. There was more to be said.
"There is more to report, but what conclusions are to be made of the following observations are most likely all very high in the confidential levels. I prefer transmitting them while the rest of the investigation group isn't around to avoid unnecessary emotional responses. Requesting your selection of transmission method. Even here I do not particularly fancy discussing these matters openly."
As always your logical process is quite sharp. Meet me in an hour at my office in the ship. I'll be waiting there, Min-Yung. -winks Maia.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:24:36 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 18, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 20, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
(click to show/hide)