Author Topic: Contacting People  (Read 2626 times)

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Contacting People
« on: November 08, 2011, 04:18:20 AM »
Since the old boards became read only I cant use them to email or PM anyone, nor may I view their profiles like we used to.  Two of the guys from my PbP haven't shown up here yet and I'm a lil worried but find myself with no means of contacting them.  Would it be a breach of etiquette to ask mods with more access to the old boards to contact them in my stead?

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Contacting People
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:11:49 PM »
Since the old boards became read only I cant use them to email or PM anyone, nor may I view their profiles like we used to.  Two of the guys from my PbP haven't shown up here yet and I'm a lil worried but find myself with no means of contacting them.  Would it be a breach of etiquette to ask mods with more access to the old boards to contact them in my stead?
Damn, I didn't even realise that we can't even view the profiles anymore. However, I just tested something. This should work assuming you have messages from the people you want to contact. Go to your PM box at BG, find a message from the person you wish to contact and below his avatar there should be links to at least the profile and email of that user. I know they don't work, but if you simply put your cursor on the link to the person's email, the address appears at the bottom left corner of your browser. I tried this with Firefox (running on Vista) and worked just fine.

Edit: Okay, apparently all the reading I've done over the last few days have made me stupid as well as insane. Naturally you can use this method to check the email addresses in threads as well. Assuming the people you wish to contact are displaying their email addresses.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 01:20:04 PM by Tshern »
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 02:28:05 PM »
That got me an email for Radmelon, alas I still have no means of contacting Jojolagger.

Thanks Tshern!

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 02:42:34 PM »
That got me an email for Radmelon, alas I still have no means of contacting Jojolagger.

Thanks Tshern!
No problem. Hope you find a better solution than what I offered.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys