Author Topic: Symbiote Suit?  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Psysama

• Personal Pizza
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dnd-wiki.org
Symbiote Suit?
« on: June 07, 2020, 06:11:06 AM »
Years back someone was making a symbiote suite monster class, but I can't seem to find it.  Has there been any progress on it, or was it deleted?  I'm asking because I just saw an idea on Quora that made me shout explicatives (that's how awesome/horrifying it was):  Predator in a Venom suit and a Xenomorph in a Carnage suit.  If the class is complete, I was considering testing it out and letting people know how it goes (I play 3.5e, and my world is an "anything goes" or "Wreck It Ralph" style world).
Signature here.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
Re: Symbiote Suit?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 11:04:48 PM »
Unless someone did it in Oslecamo's monster classes I'm drawing a blank.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 05:05:41 PM »
Years back someone was making a symbiote suite monster class, but I can't seem to find it.  Has there been any progress on it, or was it deleted?  I'm asking because I just saw an idea on Quora that made me shout explicatives (that's how awesome/horrifying it was):  Predator in a Venom suit and a Xenomorph in a Carnage suit.  If the class is complete, I was considering testing it out and letting people know how it goes (I play 3.5e, and my world is an "anything goes" or "Wreck It Ralph" style world).

might want to check out the old guyver manga for ideas?

You can actually do this literally and legally in 3.5 (but the pricing is borked, it's way too cheap compared to equivalent magic items) by using Lifeshaping.

Also the only known way to make a monk gain the masterwork quality on their body, and thus qualify for being body-enchanted directly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:07:18 PM by nijineko »

Offline Nanashi

• it means "he who has no name" in a foreign tongue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 03:24:04 AM »
I recall DSP's Aegis class has an archetype that gives you one.

Offline nijineko

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton....
    • View Profile
    • TwinSeraphim
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »
Somewhat debatable and rules-twisty, but technically legal:

If one shapes an Astral Construct large enough, one should be able to leave enough space inside of it for a person to be embedded, even without using the feat that let's you wear one. Still have to command it mentally, or use some other effect to control it, however, so it's not the same as wearing armor.