Author Topic: Fun Finds 2017  (Read 7375 times)

Offline vaz

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Finds 2017
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 11:59:04 PM »
A higher level version of the Bag of Holding and less susceptible to being noped by the DM is by casting Demiplane.

Offline TenaciousJ

• AVENGE WAGON
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Finds 2017
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 11:34:31 PM »
I can't be bothered to actually mess with Twitter to check if this works, but I think RAW supports it.

The Investiture line of spells from Elemental Evil are not the most popular spells, but combining them with Find Steed has interesting possibilities.  A controlled mount has 3 action options: Dash, Disengage or Dodge.  Find Steed allows spells with a range of Self (wth no aura range attached) to also affect the steed.  In a case of specific beating general, the Investiture spell would add a possible action to the steed and provide a conditional survivability buff.  The actions granted by the Investiture spells do not fall under a specific category of action, so they may not necessarily be restricted for falling under a category of action a controlled mount does not normally have access to.

Paladin 5 with druid/sorcerer/warlock/wizard 11 could do this at level 16.  A bard could do this at level 14.  It's not the strongest combo, but the action economy could be fun.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:44:31 PM by TenaciousJ »
Make Eberron Great Again! #MEGA