Author Topic: Olympians of Conquest (O.o.C.)  (Read 54322 times)

Offline Concerned Ninja Citizen

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
Re: Olympians of Conquest (O.o.C.)
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 08:38:36 PM »
It also pairs nicely with my Daunting Presence ability. -4 penalty for attacking anyone except me.

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 08:42:23 PM »
It's a good thing I get 5 (*pending Wis boosts) AoO's/rd, since I threaten all squares within 30' of me, as well as all squares of creatures I hit in the previous round, AND all squares they threatened!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:44:11 PM by FireInTheSky »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 08:48:41 PM »
Oh, remembered something else handy. Purity gives Pure Crafting as a bonus Feat. Since I already have that, I receive any other feat that I qualify for. I think I can get Weapon Supremacy too, this way.

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 08:59:55 PM »
Are intelligent objects a thing in greek myth?

Specifically, something like this ACF?

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
Sparta? You're thinking too modern. :P

:smirk
(click to show/hide)

As far as Weapon Supremacy: Weapon Focus, GWF, Weapon Specialization and GWS are all granted as one feat in the houserules. She has Proficiency. That leaves: Weapon Mastery & Fighter 18. That is two pre-reqs. She can ignore two pre-reqs.

But, yeah, even I was going to comment about Strategic Provocation for the survivor of the team.

One Addendum to that feat though, Distract can also be resisted with a Will save. There are too many of these Cthonic creatures that have NO reason to invest in Sense Motive, and that would just make it way too good of a feat.

EDIT: Talking about her magic immunity reminded me. The Centaur's Khan abilities, ex or su? Osle doesn't believe in those labels but the feel I get from them is more ex like a marshal than su like a bard. Is that sufficient justification or should I ask?

I will judge that: Path is (Su); Warrior is (Ex); Soul is (Su).

My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 09:10:38 PM »
Are intelligent objects a thing in greek myth?

Only Intelligent Objects AFAIK are those being actively possessed, or Talos.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 09:15:25 PM »
Possessed by a god? So I could fluff my Soulbound Lance as something made and given me by a god for some reason, possibly a minor god/ magical being was locked in it as punishment and I'm keeping an eye on them?

A star associated being of some sort might fit with the type of spellshaping I do.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 09:17:39 PM »
That version of Soulborn ok?
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »
That version of Soulborn ok?

Lulz. I open up multiple tabs. One for each response, then I just copy-past them into one message. That helps me make sure I get everything, usually. The rest of this post, all I did was ctrl+v.  :rolleyes

Ranger Knight of Furyondy is in Dragon #317.

As much as I love ZF, I think it's too much overlap, not enough synergy. What do you think of Kurashu's Soulborn fix?

EDIT: And would Smite Opposition qualify for Devoted Tracker?

Will pull out the mag from the closet & look it over.

Devoted Tracker specifically calls out Smite Evil. Smite Opposition from Soulborn and Smite from Crusader are not Smite Evil, so no.

The Fix is okay, but Soulforged Weapon doesn't benefit from the houserule for equipment. Too many reasons to list.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »
@ Character Sheets thus far:
@Fire:
(click to show/hide)

@CNC: Spellsoul Weapon is allowed if you can fluff it adequately.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline FireInTheSky

• Epic Member
  • "Insight is the sudden cessation of stupidity."
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »
@ Character Sheets thus far:
@Fire: Sorry I didn't notice before, but Temporal Body Adjustment requires you to have one maneuver from Riven first, and Martial Study does say that you'd need to fill that.
Oh, true dat. Hmm. In that case, I guess it comes down to MS(Clockwatcher) or Extra Trick(Called Shot). Unless someone has a better suggestion? Do we have enough healing that I shouldn't take Cure Wounds from WizFightMech (assuming arias ok's it (I don't remember if you ever did, originally))?

Your Bow is a +6. The cap on spending is 1/2 your WBL. WBL = 110. +6 = 72.
Huh? Oh! ATM, Force isn't on it. I was just getting down a bunch of possibilities. So, it's currently a +4 Serrenwood Seeking Splitting Greatbow.  (BTW, how useful is the Serrenwood part in this campaign?)

Bane Arrows are good. (Answering the "?", yes, 90% of your encounters will have one of those types.)
I'll Allow Magebane, but that won't be anywhere near as useful as just another batch of M.Beast Bane, Outsider Bane, or Aberration Bane.
Dispelling Arrows, and their Greater are allowed, but, again, not likely to be that useful. Most things are either going to have little to dispel, or the arrows aren't likely to manage it.
Holy Arrows, most of the "Beast" types are going to be TN, and many of the "cursed" types are as well. Some of the "Cursed" have gone Evil, though, like Queens Lamia and Medusa.
Cool. Again, I was just going through the Archery Handbook and getting down possibilities. Monstrous Humanoid Bane useful??

Repost:
Relatedly, how much is too much to spend on a backup weapon?  (I'm assuming 32,500 is too much...)

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 10:50:53 PM »
Do we have enough healing that I shouldn't take Cure Wounds from WizFightMech (assuming arias ok's it (I don't remember if you ever did, originally))?

I doubt we'll need you to. Depending on which formulae I take, I can grant all of you fast healing 5 pretty much at will. Myself, I have fast healing 6 so I'm good.

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2013, 10:59:47 PM »
Oh, true dat. Hmm. In that case, I guess it comes down to MS(Clockwatcher) or Extra Trick(Called Shot). Unless someone has a better suggestion? Do we have enough healing that I shouldn't take Cure Wounds from WizFightMech (assuming arias ok's it (I don't remember if you ever did, originally))?
I have no problem with that one at least, though I don't know about the other Wiz Feats. But, really, I think Downtime + Silver Weapon from Raineh should be enough for most of the time, and I'm not sure Cure Wounds would really add enough more to be worth it.

As far as the other two, I leave it to your discretion, though Clockwatcher is situational, whereas Called Shot is just a raw damage boost.

So, it's currently a +4 Serrenwood Seeking Splitting Greatbow.  (BTW, how useful is the Serrenwood part in this campaign?)
I'm not honestly sure at this point, but I don't know of many incorporeals in the myths save for a few hauntings that were there to serve as warnings. But I'm not going to definitively say that it won't happen at this point.

Monstrous Humanoid Bane useful??
I'm not sure exactly what the percentage of types is going to end up being. However, yes: cursed ones like Lamia and Medusa are likely to end up as Monstrous Humanoid, Aberration, or Outsider; born beasts like the Chimera and the Manticore are likely to end up as Magical Beasts, Aberration, or Outsider; Titans, and elder entities, like Prometheus and Typhon are likely to end up as Outsider, Outsider, or, most likely, Outsider.
Aberration is actually the least likely to have that be what things end up as.  In Example: Most of the born beasts would only really have basically 70%, 25%, 5% for M.B, Out., or Ab, respectively. (spitballed, not exact by any measure.)

Repost:
Relatedly, how much is too much to spend on a backup weapon?  (I'm assuming 32,500 is too much...)
That's up to you. I limit you to spending no more than half your wealth on any one item. If you spend it all on two, that's up to you.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:19:30 PM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 01:06:18 AM »
OK, posted incomplete build.

Question: how does Cavalry Charger's Fell Trample interact with Great Trample (RKoF 8)?

Edit: Q2 - What happens if I knock a flying creature prone?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:08:14 AM by sirpercival »

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 01:42:41 AM »
RKoF, Funniest thing: your mount can attack too while you two-weapon fight. But they put a requirement on that. You have to make a DC 5 Ride Check. Pre-req for the class: Ride 8 ranks.
 :banghead

Edit: Q2 - What happens if I knock a flying creature prone?

You make them stop flying.

Minimum Forward Speed: If a flying creature fails to maintain its minimum forward speed, it must land at the end of its movement. If it’s too high above the ground to land, it falls straight down, descending 150 feet in the first round of falling. If this distance brings it to the ground, it takes falling damage. If the fall doesn't bring the creature to the ground, it must spend its next turn recovering from the stall. It must succeed on a DC 20 Reflex save to recover; otherwise, it falls an additional 300 feet. If it hits the ground, it takes falling damage. If not, it has another chance to recover on its next turn.

Question: how does Cavalry Charger's Fell Trample interact with Great Trample (RKoF 8)?

Overrun My reading of the rules, and supported by the FAQ a bit on this (FWIW), is that you resolve your Overrun, then you handle your Trample.
One action causes your mount to get two free attacks in. The other then causes your mount to basically get a free pounce in.
You run over them, and you really, really stomp on them.

I imagine this being like the Monster Truck not just driving over your car, but pausing to spin its tires while it's at it.

I was mis-reading things, It would be the greater of the two, in this case, Great Charge. Don't ask what I had thought I'd read.

By the by:
Your pegasus, its' name is Pegasus. Stallion of the Muses, God of Horses, and it will be called back down from the stars to be your mount.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:46:39 AM by ariasderros »
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 01:53:03 AM »

Overrun My reading of the rules, and supported by the FAQ a bit on this (FWIW), is that you resolve your Overrun, then you handle your Trample.
One action causes your mount to get two free attacks in. The other then causes your mount to basically get a free pounce in.
You run over them, and you really, really stomp on them.

I imagine this being like the Monster Truck not just driving over your car, but pausing to spin its tires while it's at it.

I was mis-reading things, It would be the greater of the two, in this case, Great Charge. Don't ask what I had thought I'd read.
I mean, Fell Trample lets you trample multiple targets, and Great Trample lets the mount full attack while trampling. Does it get a full attack against every target, or just one full attack in total? And since it has pounce, what if I trample on a charge?

By the by:
Your pegasus, its' name is Pegasus. Stallion of the Muses, God of Horses, and it will be called back down from the stars to be your mount.
But... Artax! Lol.  That's fine.

EDIT: would you allow a custom item of Scintillating Scales?

EDIT2:Since you can wield a lance in one hand while mounted, does that mean i can dual-wield lances while mounted?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:06:42 AM by sirpercival »

Offline ariasderros

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 02:20:41 AM »
I mean, Fell Trample lets you trample multiple targets, and Great Trample lets the mount full attack while trampling. Does it get a full attack against every target, or just one full attack in total? And since it has pounce, what if I trample on a charge?

It would full-attack each one. Fell Trample still lets them make the single foot attack against each enemy, and Great Trample is just an improvement on that one attack.

When you do a mounted overrun, does the mount usually get an attack at the end? Not counting the one that is part of the Overrun, I mean.

EDIT: would you allow a custom item of Scintillating Scales?
I'ma have to think on that. It definitely wouldn't follow standard pricing.

EDIT2:Since you can wield a lance in one hand while mounted, does that mean i can dual-wield lances while mounted?
Wait... You have to be mounted for that?
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 04:45:48 AM »
The other two options are good enough, even if Distract was by far the most fun. Silly eldritch monstrosities, not investing in paranoia. :p

• Legendary Member
  • I am Concerned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 04:49:32 AM »
Well, y'know, if you're the Hydra, do you really need to be able to figure out if someone is lying to you? I mean, you're probably going to eat them in any case, so it's kind of a moot point.

Unless eating dishonest people gives you indigestion. That would be a good reason for monsters to take sense motive.

EDIT: So if Raineh's character has Strategic Provocation and my character has Champion's Threat* and we both use them successfully on the same opponent, what happens?

They become so confused and irritated they can't attack anyone?

Cause that would be awesome.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:00:54 AM by Concerned Ninja Citizen »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile