Author Topic: Act 1: STOLEN LAND  (Read 18427 times)

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
Re: Act 1: STOLEN LAND
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:48 PM »
Not all kobolds are as blessed by the Mother as I am.  It is because of this magic, and my fiery breath, that my clan named me Speaker.
He looks at you a bit more closely, then says But do I detect a hint of the blood of the Ancient Ones in you as well, Jack of Clan Ashatar?
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »
Ancient ones? And ah, you have interesting abilities," inquired and commented Jack.
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 11:22:24 PM »
Zsass ogles you openly, amazed that people don't understand the myriad titles the members of his clan use to refer to Dragons.  Ancient Ones?  Supreme Beings?  Sons and Daughters of Io?  My friend, surely they have Dragons where you come from!

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2012, 11:30:12 PM »
"Oh, I understand your question now. In my home, we only call them dragons. As for my answer, I cannot say. My parents found me crawling in the snow. I have no knowledge of my bloodline," replied Jack, chuckling at the stares of his newfound friend.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 07:56:39 AM »
Windlost has watched the interaction with amusement.  Finally, he looks around at the Trading Post and surrounding areas.  "Perhaps we should go inside, since we are here to explore."  Without waiting, he turns and moves towards the entrance to Oleg's.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2012, 10:32:45 AM »
Jack followed Windlost into the trading post. Then he called over his shoulder to Zsass, "Come on Zsass, I have a few coins left from my travels. Let's see what this post has to offer."

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
  • - your advertisement could stand here -
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »
As you are entering the trading post a scarred middle aged man with a shotsword in his hand awaits you.He seems to have noticed you as you were talking in front of the gate.He is shivering with his whole body,with fear carved into his eyes but even though he has a tough statue he seems not to be trained to actually fight.

"Wwww....We don`t have anything left.You can`t take any more from us than you did already.Go away!Let us alone you petty thieves!"

The Trading post looks like this from inside.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:02:09 AM by Pencil »
Movie Quote of the Week (Brazil):
Sam Lowry: Is that one of your triplets?
Jack Lint: Yeah, probably.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2012, 11:13:39 AM »
"Take from you? Thieves? What? We're here about the advertisement for explorers," replied Jack. "What's going on?" he continued. He looked over the man's shoulders into the trading post.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 11:14:23 PM by geniussavant »

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 05:00:30 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Upon seeing the man's reaction to them, Zsass tries to make himself as small and non-threatening as possible.  He advances slowly, arms held wide and empty hands clearly visible.
Calm, my friend, we are not here to harm you or take your possessions.  We are here on behalf of the Swordlords of Restov, to survey the Greenbelt.  In fact, we are also tasked with putting a stop to any banditry in the area, and ask that you point us in the directions of these brigands so we can carry out justice!
As he says this, Zsass pulls out a copy of the Charter and show it to the man. 

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »
As Jack and Zsass talk to the person and convince him that you in fact are explorers sent to make this area safe the person loosens up visually.A sigh of relief leaves his mouth:

"Thank Pelor!I really thought you were those bandits again.
My name is Oleg and this place, or more what is left, belongs to me and my wife Svetlana.But come in first there we can discuss everything you need to know.Svetlana will warm up some stew.You must be hungry.
"

Oleg closes the gate and leads you to the "living room" of this trading post (the area around T7) .Svetlana hands everyone interested some warm stew.Inside there are many notes on the walls which seem to picture many different creatures.The chairs are pretty comfy and as you sit down Oleg still pretty nervously looks into the round and continues:

"So?What do you want to know?"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:11:08 PM by Pencil »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 11:26:53 PM »
"Thank you," said Jack as he raised his bowl of stew. "Can you tell us what happened? And what do you know about these bandits?"

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 06:49:59 AM »
Oleg is looking bitterly in his stew as he begins.

"Those bandits started coming around 2 month ago.And then weekly to take our belongings.It is strange, normally bandits were always a part of this area but they were not organized like this.They began to act organized and united under the so called "stag lord".He seems to be some kind of leader for those of this area.I don`t know though were he is stationed.They told us we weren`t allowed to ask for help our they would kill Sevtlana and me.I just couldn`t take the risk
."
He sighs and is looking again in the round of strange fellows.
"You said you were send by the swordlords, right?Than this may be of interest to you."
He stands up and walks to the wall were those pictures were.As he returns he sits down and continues:
"Those are official wanted posters by the swordlords of restov.When you got a head of those beasts bring it to me and I will send a pigeon to get Restov to send your reward.Can I help you any further?"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:37:57 PM by Pencil »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »
"Could we take the posters with us? And the more pressing matter, how long has it been since the bandits have been here? How regular do the come?" inquired Jack, slightly outraged that bandits had interfered with his task. The Tuskgutter and Tatzlwyrm both perking his interest. He wondered if they would be of any use to his grafting career.

(click to show/hide)

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »
Moli reads the poster, nodding slightly.

"I would say the items listed are from 'most pressing' to 'least pressing.'  What say the rest of you?"
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

shugenja handbook; talk about it here

Offline Pencil

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 04:45:18 PM »
Oleg looks at Jack and nods enthusiastic."Sure,sure take them with you if it helps your task!"After your question regarding the bandits he is responding a little downed again."They should come around today or tomorrow.Thats why I thought you were those ruffians."

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 04:53:07 PM by Pencil »

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 08:25:27 PM »
"Thank you Oleg. Moli, I think you might be right. What do you guys think we should do? Oleg seems in need of our help, and if we take care of these bandits now, hopefully it will make mapping this area out easier. Afterwards, I would like to see if Zsass can speak to these Kobolds to see what's been going on. They might be able to help give us an idea of this area. Along our travels, I would love to get my hands on the claws of a Tatzlwrym." Jack picked up the posters and slid them into his pack as he spoke. He smiled at Zsass as he mentioned his friend.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:00:51 PM by geniussavant »

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 11:55:15 PM »
Moli is correct.  Much as I would like to visit my kin, stopping the attacks on Oleg and his mate must be our highest priority.

Offline geniussavant

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 12:04:26 AM »
"How best shall we prepare then? Maybe we should share our combat abilities so we each understand our capabilities?" inquired Jack.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 08:38:26 AM »
Windlost nods.  "This is a better plan than no plan at all.  I am able to change my shape, impede movement via plant life, and perhaps stop a spell or two."
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 08:46:48 AM »
For myself, I can diminish an archer's accuracy in aiming at me, and spew forth poison.  Should there be time to prepare, I can instead present multiple enemies to hostile forces.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

shugenja handbook; talk about it here