Author Topic: Looking for Character Concept for Seafaring Campaign (Savage World)  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
So, I will be joining a "seafaring themed" campaign using the Savage World ruleset soon. Human only. No magic. Lots of ships and sea stuff. 

I'm working on a character concept. The first thing that comes to mind is the corny pirate pirate guy, with the parrot on the shoulder, hook hand, peg leg, and says argh. Too corny, not interested in anything like that.

Any interesting character archetypes that fit into such a campaign? Looking for something unique or at least uncommon. Looking for a character concept here. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Necro   
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:18:04 PM by Necrosnoop110 »

Offline Solo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Sorcelator Supreme
    • View Profile
    • Solo's Compiled Works
Re: Character for Pirate Campaign (Non-Cornball)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 02:38:37 AM »
You're a pirate who does the parrot thing... but it's a ventriloquist act. You're really a sleight of hand spectialist, a prestdigitator, a stage magician. And you use yoir skills for crime!
"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down."

Offline kitep

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Lookout World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 07:27:41 AM »
A pirate whose sole goal is "NO MORE NINJAS!!!" and worships the one true FSM (none of this alfredo heresy)

Dread Pirate Roberts (from Princess Bride) - wear a mask, play a new character every few adventures, but they all call themselves by the same name and pretend it's always been one person.

Buccaneer - you actually work for a government, attacking ships from their enemies

Keep fish - have an aquarium in your quarters, insist an sailing to different lands looking for one more special fish, hang yourself over the edge of the ship with your head underwater, etc...   Maybe you also cook fish, looking for that perfect dish.

You want a mermaid wife and you're going to get one, no matter how much time you have to spend on the ocean looking.

You're totally convinced you're descended from Neptune, king of the seas.  The only weapon you'll use is the trident.

Good luck!

Offline Necrosnoop110

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 03:40:44 PM »
You're a pirate who does the parrot thing... but it's a ventriloquist act. You're really a sleight of hand spectialist, a prestdigitator, a stage magician. And you use yoir skills for crime!
:lol
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:24:10 PM by Necrosnoop110 »

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 05:13:55 PM »
Charlatan PrC can sorta use fake magic to do that.

Great Captain feat in Stormwrack is rather tasty for a boat.

Noble class from DL has the Coordinate ability.

The Master class also from DL, has Knacks including
a Leadership effect that gives all Experts.

Scion of Tem-et-nu class from Sandstorm, fits the general
campaign idea, IF casting max'd at E6 power levels is OK.

Storm Disciple PrC level 3 ability Stormwalker
can be refluffed and slightly recrunched to fit.
Stick it on a Divine Mind and it's no magic right?
 ;)  :D
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Braininthejar

• Legendary Member
  • I'm old...
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Character Concept for Seafaring Campaign (Savage World)
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 03:40:38 PM »
A tall, black warrior from the (Africa-equivalent) continent, banished from his tribe due to some scheming by the chieftain. Met white people, narrowly avoided getting sold into slavery, and finally ended at sea as a whaler - He has switched jobs several times since, but he still carries around a whaling spear wherever he goes.

(created by me as an NPC some time ago - I was looking from a barbarian outide the Conan stereotype)