Author Topic: Act - Reality and Illusion  (Read 50599 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Act - Reality and Illusion
« on: August 21, 2013, 02:56:30 AM »
Plans have been made, a week has passed, Spider finally got out of his armour.  You've both undergone some last minute training from your respective sensei, Koto has personally given the two of you a blessing, and Spider, you got a package from Martel!  It contained an Access Crystal, much as you were expecting, and what appears to be a miniature Marble of Chaos.  Included with the Mini Marble was the following note.

"I made this Mini Marble with you in mind.  From what I've hear it sounds like you get stuck in that armour of your a lot.  As the Marble of Chaos was able to keep your armour going even after it, well, broke, I figured that this Mini Marble would be able to provide a similar service.  It'll probably only last for a couple of hours, but that's a couple of hours still motile!  Good luck!"

But this all happened in the (relative) past.  Now is now, and now you two are traveling to Lunar Goods to meet up with Kagome and Kuro.  Or, well, you were.  You certainly don't seem to be there now.  Nanashi, you recognize where you are.  It looks like the other world Tooryanse took you too.  Spider, you don't have any idea at all.

...Huh.  She's not here.  You must have really ticked her off...  Err, well, I have done this before so...  Time for fate rolls!  For each Aiki you've got, roll Empathy: Fate Rank and gain that much Kiai.  Feel free to post your reactions in the same post as you make your rolls.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
Re: Act - Reality and Illusion
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:50:08 PM »
keep 4 and under 20d6 : 4, 4, 5, 4, 6, 2, 5, 6, 4, 2, 1, 3, 2, 4, 6, 2, 6, 3, 6, 5, total 80

Nanashi looks around for the temple of Tooryanse, feeling the threads of fate slowly tighten around him.  "You alright Spider?"
Magic do what you will

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:51:19 PM »
keep 4 and under 20d6 : 1, 3, 2, 6, 3, 3, 4, 6, 2, 5, 4, 1, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 3, 1, total 79

keep 4 and under 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6

Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 10:52:28 PM »
Empathy 6 x Aiki 11, Fate 4: 66d6

Rolled 20d6 : 4, 4, 1, 2, 4, 5, 1, 6, 6, 6, 3, 2, 5, 3, 6, 1, 2, 5, 3, 1, total 70

Rolled 20d6 : 6, 6, 6, 1, 1, 5, 1, 3, 2, 3, 1, 5, 3, 2, 6, 6, 4, 6, 5, 2, total 74

Rolled 20d6 : 3, 1, 2, 6, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 4, 1, 5, 1, 4, 3, 1, 4, 5, 6, 4, total 70

Rolled 6d6 : 4, 5, 2, 2, 3, 4, total 20
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 10:53:18 PM »
(click to show/hide)
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 10:57:37 PM »
I look around in confusion, then look to Nanashi as I hear his question. "What? Oh, yes." I grin, pounding my metal fists together. "I'm fine. Ow."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 12:57:13 AM »
"Tooryanse, can you hear me?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 12:57:49 AM »
"Of course; always."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 12:59:17 AM »
Nanashi turns around and notices the goddess that must have been tailing him all along.  "Oh!  You gave me a start."  He recomposes himself and continues. "Today is the day.  Do you know where we are all to meet?"
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 01:01:23 AM »
"Of course...  However, I need... to speak to you...

To you... who knows... and to him, who does not..."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 01:48:41 AM »
I grin at this. "I guess 'him, who does not' is me, right?"

My grin has a few gaps again. After our run-in with the crab, I went back to the oni bar to get a few more pointers on fighting. The missing teeth are in my pocket, for luck.

"Well, Tooryanse, was it? I'm all ears."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 01:50:46 AM »
"Yes, Please go on."
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 01:51:55 AM »
"I need... you to rescue... my... friend...  She is trapped... within... Welgaia...

She is... Kaguya... Welgaia's god...  She is... my twin... and the goddess... of insanity and madness...

She rules... over that which isn't...  And she... is trapped...

They are... using her...  With her power... they... can easily breech the boundaries... between worlds...

With her power... they brought you... into the skein..."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 01:53:23 AM »
I raise an eyebrow at this. Hell, I raise both of them.

"They brought us in? For what reason?"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 01:54:46 AM »
"You... have been... told... have you not..?  To use your... souls... Welgaia... has been spiriting away... many people...

You... are not the only... ones... but you... were saved..."

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 01:58:40 AM »
I gape at this. I knew, but...a part of me...

...wanted to believe that there was some greater purpose. That we hadn't simply been brought here to serve as batteries.

That we mattered.

I close my mouth and narrow my gaze.

"Maybe we weren't brought here for any great reason," I begin, turning to look at Nanashi, "but we can damn well work towards one. We can end this."

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
"You... matter...  You wouldn't have been saved... if you didn't...  I wouldn't have noticed you... if you didn't...

You two... and only you two... can save Kaguya...  Only you two... so do not despair...

Do not doubt the values of your own souls, and do not doubt the fate that has brought you here.

Both coming... and going... are easy... and scary...

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 10:03:19 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Nanashi nods, resolved.  "We will not let you down.  I know that the strings of fate will guide us to the necessary end.  We will save your twin.  Believe it."
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »
I clasp Nanashi on the shoulder in a show of solidarity. "He's got the right idea! We'll save her, no matter what it takes!"

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 10:29:35 PM »
"If you can... show that same spirit... to her... I'm sure you... will..."

She points at a shopping mall that you are fairly certain wasn't there before.  Ah, no, you just aren't where you were anymore.  That makes more sense.  Either way

"In there... is everyone else..."