Author Topic: Act - Reverse the Chessboard  (Read 59837 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Act - Reverse the Chessboard
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »
The night has passed, and tomorrow has come.  The two of you have a busy day ahead of you.  You need to get over to the Gate Tower and meet with this Io, who'll take you to Wonderland.  And Spider, you should probably do something about that horrendous hangover.  Who thought it was a good idea to go to an oni party again?  Chroma and their alcohol tolerances...

Hai, domo~  It's time for fate rolls~
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
Re: Act - Reverse the Chessboard
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:23:04 PM »
FATE ROLLS

Cashing in 4 aiki.  Empathy 6.  Rolling under "Destiny: Uncover the Truth," a rank 4 fate.

Empathy 6, Fate 4:  6d6 : 6, 5, 2, 4, 3, 5, total 25

Empathy 6, Fate 4:  6d6 : 6, 5, 6, 1, 4, 4, total 26

Empathy 6, Fate 4:  6d6 : 2, 2, 6, 3, 3, 3, total 19

Empathy 6, Fate 4:  6d6 : 2, 5, 2, 6, 4, 3, total 22
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »
Gained 15 kiai.  Total kiai: 18.

Spending 10 kiai on raising Interface from 2 to 3.  Total kiai left: 8.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 07:39:25 PM »
I fall out of bed onto the floor and groan.  God...god damn.  Or Koto damn.  Kuro damn.  Someone damn.

I crawl over to the bathroom on my hands and knees, looking for all the world like a wounded soldier.  And, in a way, that's what I am.  A soldier of fortune, wounded in an encounter with--

Bleeeeeeeeeergh.

Standing up, I wipe my mouth and brush my teeth.  As I cringe at the unexpected light, I vaguely wonder why I have two black eyes.

Let's see...last night, I....last night, I...

I remember...talking to the oni.  They were laughing at something I was telling them.  Something about...missing?

Oh God.

"That's right," I mutter aloud as I fish out a tooth that was vaguely floating around in my mouth.  "The oni decided to teach me how to fight."

I spit blood into the sink and slide my tooth into a pocket.  Don't want some Welagian finding it.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 10:41:38 PM »
cashing 2
Empathy 3 fate 4: discover the truth

3:4 3d6 : 2, 6, 1, total 9

3:4 3d6 : 2, 3, 6, total 11
Magic do what you will

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 12:40:38 AM »
Nanashi awakens when the light comes into his room.  He quickly makes a small breakfast and leaves the house, finishing a piece of toast.

I hope I'm not late.

He heads to the gate tower.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »
I think about having breakfast and almost throw up again.  Nope, nope, that's a bad plan.

Holding my head and shading my eyes from the light, I stagger over towards the gate tower.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 05:09:12 PM »
Due to the differences in your travel speeds, Nanashi makes it to the Gate Tower before Spider.  Not much before, though, and the two of you meet up shortly after arriving.

Luckily, it wasn't that hard to find the Gate Tower.  It is quite noticeable, towering over the rest of the Old Capital like that.

(click to show/hide)

It is also quite busy.  People of all shapes and sizes are milling around, and women dressed in outfits reminiscent of airline attendants are directing people towards various lines and floors.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 05:12:58 PM »
Nanashi sees how crowded the place is.

Oh...  odd

Nanashi thinks back on his previous thoughts of what this place might be.  A tower with a single gateway at the top, or perhaps a back room, hiding the actual nature of the gate tower.  But no, this place is like an airport...

Nanashi decides to wait relatively close to the entrance and out of the crowd to spot Spider as he approaches, rather than try to find him once inside.

Nanashi sees Spider and approaches, but is a bit shocked by his visage.

"Spider, what happened?  Did you get jumped by someone on the way home?  Is that why you were so late?"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:15:59 PM by FelyxZephyr »
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 12:37:04 AM »
I cringe at the booming thunder of Nanashi's voice, much as I've been cringing for most of my journey over.  Cringing in armour is weird.  I don't think the joints were designed with it in mind.

"No need to yell," I hiss.  "And, no,  I'm just incredibly hung over."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »
Nanashi softens his voice accordingly.  "Ah... oh...  sorry.  So that's where you were.  I was waiting for you to get back because there is a lot we need to catch up on.  I've discovered a lot of things that are going on and I think you should be caught up.  But if you would like to wait until later, I understand.  Still, we should head to our destination."

Nanashi begins cutting a way for them through the crowd, but keeps a close eye to make sure spider follows him.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 12:58:12 AM »
I stagger after Nanashi, trying to avoid bumping into anyone.

"Yeah, probably for the best.  I could do with some water, though.  Fluids supposedly help."

I shoot a glare at a passerby who happened to begin laughing ten million decibels above my current comfort range.

"Bastard," I mutter.  I prod at my new dental gap with my tongue.  Still sore, and the prodding triggers a headache which oh God damn.  That hurts.  Something suddenly occurs to me, though.

"Nanashi," I whisper, "I have something very important to tell you."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:00:03 AM by DonQuixote »

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 01:02:02 AM »
Nanashi half turns while continuing to walk forward.  "Yes?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 01:02:52 AM »
"I'm aware of my tongue."  After a moment, I add, "Also, my breathing."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 01:03:57 AM »
"Ah...  well I suppose I am as well, but I'm sure that that will disappear shortly as more pressing matters come forward-

are you going to be alright?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 01:07:57 AM »
I scowl.  That was supposed to make me feel better, but someone had to be capable of bearing the knowledge with equanimity.  Goddamn ninjas, being calm and placid, like a silent stream, while also being mysterious and deceptive, like the deepest darkness that resides in the souls of men.

Really, nothing redeemable about them.

"Yeah, probably.  Fluids, as I said.  Though, who knows?  Goddamn oni could have given me anything to drink."

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 11:18:11 PM »
"You gotta be careful with those Oni Fluids"  Nanashi says with a perfectly straight face.
Magic do what you will

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 11:21:20 PM »
As you walk forward through the crowd it suddenly occurs to the two of you that you have no idea where this Io person you are supposed to meet is.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 11:22:16 PM »
I nod sagely at Nanashi's comment, wincing slightly at the motion of my head.

"So, where's this...person that we're supposed to meet?  You know anything?"

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2013, 11:26:06 PM »
"Something tells me that we're supposed to meet her near our gate.  I have a good feeling about this central tower, but we should ask someone about the gate to Wonderland.  If things get too hairy, we can ask for Io Directly with the letter you brought from Kuro."
Magic do what you will