Author Topic: Act - Reverse the Chessboard  (Read 59695 times)

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
Re: Act - Reverse the Chessboard
« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2013, 07:50:18 PM »
Kuro speaks first.

"Well, as you know, I'm actually fairly powerful.  and I have a large number of friends, most  of whom also rather don't like Welgaia~"

Kagome speaks up next.

"And I have myself and Hasatan-tan and the rest of the Magatama family behind me.  Well, they are even if they don't know it yet~

Oh, but I didn't know you had problems with Welgaia, Nanan-chan.  Hopefully not anything I've done?"
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2013, 03:50:04 PM »
I blink. I blink again.

I consider the future.

"You know," I say, "any reasonable person would say that this is a foolish idea. We're talking about invading an entire nation, with the resources that a few people can pull together. Nanashi and I, whatever skills we may have developed, can still be fought to a standstill by bears and crabs. Even with your friends and family, we're still talking about going up against an army. Only an irrational, illogical human being would take on a mission like this."

I grin.

"Sounds like fun."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:03:02 AM by DonQuixote »
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 14, 2013, 04:11:18 AM »
Kagome smiles.

"Oh, don't worry!  It's not that bad!  At worst, we'll only be going up against half of the army!  A good third or so should defect to me once I make them, and the rest won't interfere in a battle between the Families!"

Kuro steps in.

"And don't count my allies out either.  My forces can't equal Kagome's in number, but they're all chroma.  They'll be more than a match for Welgaian technology.

And I wouldn't worry about any bears or crabs.  Welgaia... doesn't exactly like chroma."

"That's not true!  It's just the Kusanagi!  The rest of us are just fine with chroma!"

"... Yes, of course.  Either way, you won't need to worry about such things.  You won't even have to worry about the army.  You'll be avoiding the army and attacking Welgaia's core directly."
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2013, 09:59:47 PM »
"That sounds more Our style.  Two infiltrators sneaking in to strike at the core while the enemies Eyes are gazing somewhere else.  Just like the ancient records of the village hidden among the leaves!  We'll do our best!"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 15, 2013, 04:31:18 AM »
I raise my eyebrows at Nanashi. "What's this about a village?"

I pause.

"Perhaps another time. I suspect we don't have time now to go over the legend."

I grin at the girls, only slightly licentiously. "When do we start?"
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 15, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
""About a week from now.  That'll give us enough time to get everything ready""

"Thanks for agreeing so easily, Spider-kun, Nanan-chan!  It'll be a big help!"

(click to show/hide)

"Yeah, we really appreciate it.  Thanks a lot."

(click to show/hide)

""Now then, do you have any last questions?""

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 18, 2013, 01:41:11 AM »
"I think I am ready to prepare for the assault.  Spider?"
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 18, 2013, 03:26:09 AM »
I nod my head down at the armour. "Well, as soon as I can get out of this and get it repaired, I should be good to go." As the last word comes out of my mouth, I stretch my neck in the opposite direction. It's starting to get a little stiff.

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 18, 2013, 03:49:16 AM »
"Ah, of course!  Here let me help you with that..."

Hai Hai~  It's everyone's favorite time again~  The No-Self Phase~
Ah!  Now that I think about it, this is our last one!  How tragic!  Since it's our last time, I'll give you something special~

(click to show/hide)

It's right there, in the spoiler box~  It's a present from me, so you'd better appreciate it~

Now then, lets get started!  First things first, fate creation!  Bind yourselves tighter, tighter to the wheel of reincarnation!  Bind yourselves so tightly that you never leave~  It costs 1 Aiki to create a new fate and your brand new fate starts at 2~  Oh, and don't forget~  If the cost of all your fates exceeds your karma, I'll get in trouble~  And I'll take it out on you~

Fate Rank    Fate Cost
2    0 points
3    10 points
4    30 points
5    70 points

Next step!  Those fates you've created~  Wrap yourselves in them even tighter!  Raise those numbers sky high~  For the low low price of your eternal salvation you can raise any and every one of your fates by 1!  It's not as easy as it looks, though~  If your bonds exceed your karma, you'll lose something far more important than just your own salvation~

There, you raised them all nicely, right~  Well, now it's time to dash that into the ground~  Overturn everything you've just done~  It's time to sublimate fates!  Every fate you sublimate lowers your karma by the fate's cost~  It's really simple, right~  Erase everything important to you and become an unfeeling doll~  That's what salvation is like, right~?

Whaaat~  You still have fates left~?  After I told you to erase them all~?  Oh well, I guess you just aren't ready to leave samsara yet~  That's fine with me~  Now's the time to rewrite those stubborn fates you can't bring yourself to get rid of!  Maybe you'll change it into something easier to leave behind~  Every rewrite lowers the fate's rank by 1~  And would you believe it, it even lowers your karma!  I guess even the trash you can't throw away has some value~

Rank Change    Karma Reduction
2 to 2    0 points
3 to 2    10 points
4 to 3    20 points
5 to 4    40 points

And with that, we're done~  Our very last No-Self Phase!  It was a pleasure talking to you all, and I look forward to never seeing you again~  So, until next time~

Offline FelyxZephyr

• Legendary Member
  • I see only Justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 20, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »
Nanashi, at a crossroads of Karma, does not change the threads of fate which have inexorably tied him to this moment in time.
Magic do what you will

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 21, 2013, 02:35:17 AM »
Much as I would like to become even more dedicated to finding the truth, Karma and Fate are currently well-balanced and on the low side. Onwards, into the future!

Offline Hanako Tachibana

• Honorary Mod
  • Witch of Funerals
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 21, 2013, 02:41:51 AM »
...Wow~  You guys sure are party poopers~  Way to make my last No-Self Phase enjoyable~  I mean seriously~  What did you even do to get your karma that low~  There's no way you two are saints~

Haaa... How lame~  I'm totally going to curse your fate rolls~  It's what you deserve for being so dull~  Well, that's it for me~  Bai Bai~
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:28:57 PM by Hanako Tachibana »