Author Topic: Celestial Creature  (Read 4976 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Celestial Creature
« on: July 16, 2016, 08:21:55 AM »
Celestial Creature

Pre-Requisites
-Must be a corporeal aberration, animal, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, plant or vermin.
-Nonevil alignment

Hit Die: d8
LevelBABFortRefWillSpecial
1st
+1
+2
+2
+0
Celestial Body, Sacred Skin, Smite Evil, Celestial Challenge
2nd
+2
+3
+3
+0
Celestial Mark, Celestial Challenge

Class Skills: (4+Int. Mod). The Celestial Creature's class skills are Apraise, Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Any), Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim

Proficiencies: A Celestial Creature doesn't gain any new proficiencies.

Class Features

Celestial Body: If the Celestial creature was an animal or vermin, its type changes to magic beast. Otherwise it remains the same. Either way don't recalculate anything. Any natural weapons of the Celestial Creature now counts as magic for bypassing DR and hiting incorporeal creatures.

The Celestial creature also gains Darkvision 60 feet and develops a more regal and beautiful  aspect than normal, granting it a +2 bonus on Diplomacy checks.

Sacred Skin: The Celestial Creature gains SR equal to 11+HD and DR/magic equal to ½ HD. It may lower or rise its SR at any time even if it isn't its turn. If it already had DR/magic, they both stack. If it had DR of another kind, it now demands magic to bypass. If it already demanded magic to bypass, then increase it by 2.

In addition, the Celestial Creature also gains resistance to Acid, Cold and Electricity equal to 1/2 HD, stacking with any already existing resistance of the same kind.

Smite Evil: Once per hour the Celestial creature can declare one of its  normal melee attacks to be a Smite Evil. If that attack hits an evil creature it deals extra damage equal to the Celestial creature's HD.

Celestial Challenge: A Celestial creature is particularly mercyful and playful in battle, the good inside it unlocking even unnatural powers. It learns Last Resort or Sacrifice plus one of the following abilities that it may use as an immediate action. After being used it must wait 2 turns before being able to use it again, but can use other option while waiting. Whenever the Celestial creature gains a level it may trade one of the abilities (other than Last Resort or Sacrifice) for another. If the 2nd Celestial Creature level is taken it learns another two abilities of the following list. They all count as Ex abilities.

(click to show/hide)

Celestial Mark: Celestial Creatures were once normal creatures of their kind, but have since been blessed by the touch of good, a fortune that manifests on a variety of ways. At 2nd level pick one of the following.

Mark of Good- The Celestial creature is plainly a selfless being that delights itself in helping and cheering others. It grants a +2 Sacred bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, AC, saves and skill checks to adjacent allies.

Mark of Friendship-The Celestial Creature is always filled with primal instincts of trusting others for trust's sake, making it harder to affect by foreign sources but also harder to hold a coherent train  of thought. The Celestial Creature's SR increases by 5, and whenever an adjacent ally charges or full attacks, they may perform one extra attack whitout penalty (two extra attacks instead if it has pounce and charges). Spells/SLAs/ psychic powers/PLAs and similar that demand a touch attack to hit have to roll against the Celestial Creature's normal AC. However it can no longer willingly lower its SR, and can never cast spells, SLAs, psychic powers, PLAs or similar of its own. It may still fully benefit from magic items and potions.

Mark of Relaxation- The Celestial creature's body looks plump and chubby, yet can endure great stress. The Celestial Creature becomes immune to Fear, Fatigue and Exhaustion also gains fast healing and regeneration each equal to ½ its HD which can only be bypassed by evil attacks and can use Con instead of Cha for Diplomacy checks, but takes a permanent -6 penalty to Int. If this would lower its Int to 0 or less, it becomes a mindless beast that cares for nothing for besides relaxing and helping others relax.

Mark of Moderation- The Celestial creature's body has exceptionally balanced features, making it extra suprising what it is capable of pulling off. The Celestial Creature never loses her Dex bonus to AC and gains a sacred bonus to attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, damage rolls and ability DCs against each enemy equal to the number of rounds that enemy has attacked them since Initiative was rolled.

Mark of Love- The Celestial Creature will randomly tackle-hug their own allies, but surprisingly that ends up helping them evade attacks. Adjacent allies gain a permanent 20% miss chance. If they has a miss chance from another source, they may instead increase it by 10% (but never more than 90%). In addition choose a spell with the [Good] descriptor of a level no bigger than ½ HD (whenever it gains a level, it may replace it for another one it ). The Celestial creature may cast it 1/day, plus another time for every 6 HD, as a SLA, save DC being 10+1/2 HD+Highest Mental Stat mod, but still needs to supply any experience or expensive material costs. In addition Celestial Creature levels now stack with a casting class of its choice for purposes of CL and learning new spells and gaining new spell slots, altough it doesn't retroactively grants them. It however takes a -6 penalty to Wisdom. If this would lower its Wis to 0 or less, it will suffer from a permanent Insanity effect, bypassing any immunities it may have, except attacking another at random is replaced by using an harmless benefical targeted ability on another creature at random, or if the Celestial Creature cannot do so, Aid Another to a random creature.

Comments
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:02:50 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Celestial Creature
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 12:09:28 PM »
Sacrifice looks pretty underwhelming.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 08:09:03 AM »
Made it so that Sacrifice removes compulsion/fear/charm/fear effects from those affected.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:12:50 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 09:13:24 AM »
I'm all for more power being in the hands of Good but I strongly recommend avoiding the creation of abilities that grant multipliers (After you). Especially damage.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »
Did you notice that After You has a direct counterpart in the Fiendish Creature (Assurance, main difference is that it must target someone you already damaged last round)?

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 09:33:33 AM »
No, I actually never bothered to look at the fiendish creature.
I'd recommend getting rid of that kind of abilities in all homebrew. There's already too much of it that's core.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »
Added non-stacking clause (plus to the SRW spirits just in case).

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 12:47:52 PM »
That should take care of most of the possible exponentiality of the thing. Sound!

Offline CDTalmas

• I'm not new any more!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 12:56:41 PM »
Quick typo of note:

Celestial Body: If the Fiendish creature was an animal or vermin, its type changes to magic beast.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 01:00:14 PM »
Fiendish is in skills too, I just noticed that.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 09:11:18 AM »
Fixed, thanks.