Author Topic: Off to Vraath vault (group 1 IC)  (Read 7149 times)

Offline geniussavant

• Honorary Mod
  • Neither genius nor savant, mostly just confused
    • View Profile
Off to Vraath vault (group 1 IC)
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:02:32 AM »
For one reason or another, each of you has heard to the treasures hidden within Vraath vault. Maybe it was a letter from a friend describing the wealth within, maybe a rumor from ages passed, but however you heard of it, you decided to set out on the road to riches.

Each of you walks north in hopes of finding riches beyond your dreams, but for now, you still have a ways to go. Darkness is setting in and it's time to make camp for the evening. In the dusk, you can see a hollow up ahead that will serve to keep the wind off of you tonight.

Eventually, the first to settle in is greeted by one and then another, before darkness settled in fully, each of you have decided to stay the night together in the hollow, after all, there is safety in numbers and stories of attacks on the roads have gotten more common the fatter north you have gotten.
Smile beautiful. It's not as bad as you think.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: Off to Vraath vault (group 1 IC)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 08:59:26 AM »

This seems like a good place.
-says a tall maid with long dark brown hair, pulling out from a sack local wild game, fruits and herbs and starts cutting them.

For a trap, Maria?-asks a smaller maid with short blue hair, setting up a cooking fire and starting to prepare the ingredients.

Yes, Madalena. We need  to find ourselves a new master.
-replies Maria in a cold, serious tone.

I thought we were going after the rumored treasure.-another petite maid with an haircut just like Madalena except navy appears and starts carefully removing the thickest patches of surrounding vegetation, creating a confortable enviroment.

That is the bait, Margarida. Someone capable enough to reclaim that treasure should be worthy of our services. And this road will be one that they must take.
-says Maria, pulling a series of sharp knifes with incredile speed from inside her dress, checking the condition of each one before concealing them back under her garments.

Somebody is coming!-warns Margarida.

Just in time, the apetizers are about ready.-declares Madalena.

Greetings good traveler, care to have some tea and snacks with us?-Maria greets the newcomers with a warm smile, no visible weapons in her person, although just under her maid uniform one can spot the glint of a finely crafted chainshirt, while Madalena and Margarida have rough leather armors under their own uniforms.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 12:25:10 AM »
"Hello there!" Johanna calls as she sees (and smells) the trio and their feast. Assuming they're not bandits laying a trap (the armor beneath the uniforms is a suspicious incongruity, but the local woes she had heard of were more overt than this sort of setup), she might be able to stave off her trail rations' dreary flavor (or lack thereof) for the night. Yes!

The dragonborn very audibly comes up to the clearing (her plate mail is well made, but still clanks as much as any other suit of heavy metal plates), holding her glaive in one hand and using it like a walking stick, furled platinum-scaled wings peeking out over her shoulders. "Mmm... that smells scrumptious. What is it? I'm afraid I don't have anything to contribute to the meal pot, unless you have a fondness for trail rations. If you don't mind sharing your fire for the night, I could help set up camp and perhaps provide some music to help pass the time."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 07:52:50 PM »
"...Hey." Says the black haired man approaching wearing green clothes over his armor. "You guys are quite carefree to do something like this in this region. I can contribute with some weak ale or cheap wine. Mind if I join? Name's Haled. What's yours?"

Offline Vladeshi

• Feel free to ignore me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 11:01:34 AM »
A young man wearing a light brown jersey and darker brown pants walks into the clearing and immediately trips over the last tree root.
The man mutters something that sounds rather inappropriate into the dirt before turning his head up.
"...Um, hi? I apologize if I am interrupting something."
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline geniussavant

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 10:15:41 PM »
The cooking fire crackles away cheerfully. But off in the distance you can hear wolves howling. They don't sound close enough to be a major concern, but they are a reminder that even if the bandits leave the group alone, the animals may not.

I need listen and spot checks from everyone please.
I usually post from my phone. Please excuse any typos. I swear, they're the phone's fault.

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 10:53:48 PM »
"Johanna, paladin of Bahamut. A pleasure to meet you all."

(click to show/hide)

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 10:30:38 AM »

The pleasure is ours, Johanna and  Haled. My name is Maria and those are Margarida and Madalena, my fellow maids.

I-I apologize for my rudeness, but d-don't those howls sound a bit too close to us right now?-asks Margarida, looking around with an hint of fear in her eyes, voice trembling.

Wolf meat can be turned into great steaks with the proper tendering.-smiles Madalena.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vladeshi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 10:45:22 AM »
The young man stands up while brushing dirt off of his clothes.
"My name is Welcar Merthion, pleased to make all of your aquaintance."

(click to show/hide)
The following explanation has been removed due to time constraints, character limits on posts, and the DC 30 Spellcraft checks to understand large portions of it.

Offline geniussavant

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 07:10:14 PM »
Everyone but Melenda and Welcar can hear grunting under the sound of the wolves, and everyone but Welcar can hear rustling through the bushes coming towards them, sounds like something big.

Everyone but Johanna can see the brush and low tree limbs moving off in the distance and moving towards them.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »
"Hope you have a few recipes for boar,  pigs and similar. We got some to deal with right now." Haled warns the Group while getting his bow ready
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:25:04 PM by Risada »

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 01:22:16 PM »

Indeed we do. Margarida. Madalena. Perform your duties.
-the tall maid flips her hand and five sharp looking knives appear in it as she carefully observes the surrounding.

Y-Yes Maria. Why can't we have a calm quiet night for a change...-Margarida pulls a strange long metal tube with an handle and wields it with both hands, nervously pointing one extreme to the areas Maria is looking to.

First step of most recipes is killing the food. Trying to cook while the ingredients are still alive can get messy.-grins Madalena as she pulls an identical tube to Margarida and points it towards the trees as well.

(click to show/hide)

Offline geniussavant

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 07:42:10 PM »
From the brush, you can hear the ruckus of the creature before the boar comes crashing into camp. As it crashed into camp, the boar stops and snorts obviously not having expected to run into a group of people. The boar stands nearly 7 ft tall at the shoulder and close to 12 ft from about to rump.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 07:05:22 AM »
Maria throws the five knives she was holding, and in the next moment she's thrown another ten with both hands, all aimed at the boar, prioritizing its legs to attempt to slow down the beast before it can get too close. Despite being thrown in succession, the blades seem to reach the target virtually simultaneously.

Madalena and Margarida's weapons shoot orbs of white-blue light from their extremities at the boar.

(click to show/hide)

Offline geniussavant

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 07:27:46 AM »
One of Maria's knives caught the boar in a joint on its front leg, and it fell hard to the ground.

Failed the opposed trip roll

Offline Vladeshi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 10:19:38 AM »
Welcar casts Nerveskitter for a +5 to initiative.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:10:04 PM by Vladeshi »

Offline Risada

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 12:51:53 PM »
Haled shoots an arrow but it misses by quite a bit. Then he gets ready for his next shot.

(click to show/hide)

Combat Stats
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 12:54:04 PM by Risada »

Offline geniussavant

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 01:01:50 PM »
The boar snorts and stand back up facing Maria. It digs at the ground with its hoof.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 04:37:58 AM »
As the boar stands up the knives in its flesh disappear, leaving the fresh wounds exposed to the air. Then Maria is holding a pair of knives still wet with the beast's blood.

Still able to move? A formidable specimen. We need to tenderize the meat properly.

Then Maria flings both knives one after the other back at the boar, while Madalena and Margarida brace themselves and fire twice each as well.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 09:11:04 PM by oslecamo »