Author Topic: Candy Box: the thread!  (Read 40378 times)

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
Re: Candy Box: the thread!
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »
I'm currently locked in mortal combat with the Teapot. Damn, that thing takes forever (I've just dropped it under 100000 HP, and I've been fighting it for roughly 2 hours.)
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Childe

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Even forever must end, I think. ...
    • View Profile
    • Legend RPG, Rule of Cool Gaming
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2013, 02:50:53 AM »
Beat the game yesterday (Candy Box 2).

Once you have the Jasper crown and the Enchanted Staff, you can do some serious farming, though frankly you just don't need to farm that hard in Box 2. But if you're so inclined, go to the Sea and stick yourself on the floor during the Jellyfish part. If you have Black Demon, that can speed things up but requires your active participation. With a certain item, this can get you a lot of candies as far as farming goes, but see below*:

Winning strategy: max your lollipop production early (4500/second), don't bother upgrading your candy production because it costs you so many lollipops. Convert lollipops to candies at the well. Max out your HP (really doesn't take many candies). Get the regular knight armor, equip the enchanted spoon and the pink gloves, make two berserk potions, and go to town.

*Also, there is a better way to farm related to beating the game. Note the item slot I didn't mention in the winning strategy. You can reap millions of candies for about five minutes' investment (counting 2-2.5 minutes to make your berserk potions).

I decided not to do the Hard Mode on the basis that I already sank like two days (not a full 48 hours, mind you) into the game.

Box 2 was fun but lacked a lot of the charm of original Box.
"You had a tough day at the office. So you come home, make
yourself some dinner, smother your kids, pop in a movie, maybe
have a drink. It's fun, right? Wrong. Don't smother your kids."
- The More You Know

Offline linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2013, 01:12:15 AM »
Just beat A Dark Room.  Took forever to figure out what to do once I had Sulfer - the W spawned all the way in the corner of the map with no Outposts nearby so it was the last place I explored.
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.