Author Topic: Setras Ra [3.5]  (Read 11729 times)

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
Setras Ra [3.5]
« on: May 14, 2014, 07:44:14 AM »
Looking for a few players interested in playing a campaign in the Arhosa Campaign Setting. The campaign will be used to build a level 1-3 adventure path, as well as involve use of homebrew material. If it goes beyond that, a 3-5 adventure path will result, and so on.
The rest of the applicable content can be found through the Arhosa Campaign Setting link. If there are questions, about content, rules, or the like, please nag me, as I understand a large amount of homebrew can be difficult to handle at first glance.

Interested Player List:
Gazzien
VennDygrem
SkyDragonKnight
Nanshork

I swear I've got a bunch of stalkers on here :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 02:16:52 PM by Stratovarius »

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Setras Ra [3.5]
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 08:58:01 AM »
Hmm....Totem Master or Ecclesiast...
Hmm.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 09:03:15 AM »
Neither has been played yet, but Totem Master is certainly more unique. And I'm certainly curious how all those feats will play out.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 10:41:32 AM »
Ugh, do I really have time for this?   :P

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »

No one is making you play... but I'm sure the Martyr is willing!  :smirk

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 10:50:17 AM »

No one is making you play... but I'm sure the Martyr is willing!  :smirk

The bad thing is I'm thinking about dropping other games so that I can focus on yours more.   :lol

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 10:56:09 AM »
That is bad. I'm not that good a DM. Not exactly the Malazan Empire here. :P

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 11:15:36 AM »
Yesgood.

I'd like to play one of the Necromantic classes~ If that's okay...

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 11:19:58 AM »
Given they're skeletons at the moment, pick one and I'll finish it first. You'll be a little light on content at first though, but that should be okay for 1st level.

Necromant is the Caster class, Overlord is the Companion class, and Vivisector is the Melee beater. At least as currently planned. I reserve the right to be inventive while creating the classes :P

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 11:21:48 AM »
Yeah, I'm interested.  As always I'll just see what everybody else plays and then pick something.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »
Given they're skeletons at the moment, pick one and I'll finish it first. You'll be a little light on content at first though, but that should be okay for 1st level.

Necromant is the Caster class, Overlord is the Companion class, and Vivisector is the Melee beater. At least as currently planned. I reserve the right to be inventive while creating the classes :P
-cries- But I love Spellsong! Why did you make it, when I had almost gone for Necromancer!

Can I spellsong? I'll help write things?

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 12:17:33 PM »
Well, Fasnachu needed a magic system. And honestly, I'm not quite sure how to build classes around it. But it should actually be pretty simple to flesh it out - just grab every bard spell and turn them into spellsongs the same way as I turned the spells into spellseeds. It's a semi-related system.

And it was an idea I got from a combination of the conversation with Sky about Fasnachu and looking over Spellbond again. Always wanted to make a skill based casting system, and this seems a sensible one to create. I've also been bouncing around the idea of just turning Truenaming into a skill and ditching the class around it, but it wouldn't fit into Arhosa. So, Spellsong is the result.

For the moment, just stick things in the Lost Magic forum - when it's all made, I can move it over to the Minor Magics forum.

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 12:54:23 PM »
...is it sad that part of me wants to be polymorphed into a chicken?
Hmm.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 01:02:20 PM »

Not quite sure I get the reference. Unless you mean the Chicken Lord Inut class?  :???

Offline skydragonknight

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 01:04:04 PM »

Not quite sure I get the reference. Unless you mean the Chicken Lord Inut class?  :???

Yes. Though I looked at the feat requirements...and it seems a bit out of range for the campaign.
Hmm.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 01:08:42 PM »
It's also not allowed, more to the point. The Arx set of classes is based on the Arx Fatalis video game, and designed with faith to the video game and not game balance in mind. Which means they are, one and all, stupidly powerful.

The reason it's in the Minor Magics forum is just a legacy from before the homebrew magic forums were merged together under the Arhosa Campaign Setting. Was originally going to be part of Runecarving but then became its own minor thing.

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »
Well, Fasnachu needed a magic system. And honestly, I'm not quite sure how to build classes around it. But it should actually be pretty simple to flesh it out - just grab every bard spell and turn them into spellsongs the same way as I turned the spells into spellseeds. It's a semi-related system.

And it was an idea I got from a combination of the conversation with Sky about Fasnachu and looking over Spellbond again. Always wanted to make a skill based casting system, and this seems a sensible one to create. I've also been bouncing around the idea of just turning Truenaming into a skill and ditching the class around it, but it wouldn't fit into Arhosa. So, Spellsong is the result.

For the moment, just stick things in the Lost Magic forum - when it's all made, I can move it over to the Minor Magics forum.
Aw. Hm.

I think... Mnnnn... I don't know which vein to start with then, ahahaha.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 02:07:03 PM »
What? I didn't say anything about you not playing the system. Plus, Venn poked me about playing with Necromants as well :P

You lot are going to have to make up your mind sooner or later  :lol

Offline Gazzien

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Science? Science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 02:19:53 PM »
What? I didn't say anything about you not playing the system. Plus, Venn poked me about playing with Necromants as well :P

You lot are going to have to make up your mind sooner or later  :lol
It sounded negative! I'll gladly play a Spellsinger... I just need to help write more of it xD Or something like that, I suppose.

Offline Stratovarius

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Arhosan Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »
It sounded negative! I'll gladly play a Spellsinger... I just need to help write more of it xD Or something like that, I suppose.

Nope. Just meant I came up with the idea today and haven't really got it fully fleshed out yet. I think I've been mulling it over enough that I've got a few good ideas for the spells, at least. Not sure if I'm going to push it out to a full sized system yet (3 base classes, 10+ PrCs, etc.) or keep it ToM sized (1 base, 5 PrCs). Can get plenty more done before deciding on that though.

If you want to tackle something first, a base class, feats, or a race would be a great place to start.