Author Topic: Awesome stuff you have to share, V4  (Read 146433 times)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome stuff you have to share, V4
« Reply #220 on: February 14, 2017, 06:07:35 AM »
Yes and yes, SorO.

Sadly, Captain Brohak died protecting his crew. In the next event, his dad will come looking for him.  :p

EDIT: Here's some more pictures.  :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 06:09:31 AM by Kuroimaken »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #221 on: February 14, 2017, 06:31:24 PM »
I would say that immunity to drunkness is a super power.

Also want more Capitão Brohak background.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #222 on: February 14, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »
Yes and yes, SorO.

Sadly, Captain Brohak died protecting his crew. In the next event, his dad will come looking for him.  :p

Pretty cool!

You have a lot more chest hair than i'd pictured in my minds eye lol :lmao

Turns out i also made local news this year, so it makes two of us: http://www.correiobraziliense.com.br/app/noticia/cidades/2017/01/03/interna_cidadesdf,563343/academias-apostam-em-descontos-e-aulas-criativas-para-atrair-novos-alu.shtml

But for a totally RPG-unrelated reason.

Since january last year my cousin and i have been training on a regular basis, and we've started this project to take Wushu Sanda to the streets of Brasília.

We've also got a thing going on in a gym right now, and i finally got off of my ass and started strength training. Also doing Yoga and working on an MBA.

--------------------
ON ANOTHER NOTE...

Not having a girlfriend for the past two months helped immensely, also. Feel like i finally have time to do EVERYTHING (not really)... But still, i can read, study, and work on improving myself without having to really worry about pleasing anyone.

I also got back to RPG, FINALLY! I have a group going on sunday and we're playing Mage: Ascension. Pretty cool to finally go back to playing RPG's after such a long time without  doing something that i enjoy so much.

I've been living on about 6 hours of sleep a day for the past two weeks, and i feel totally fine about it.

AND, i've finally switched over from normal cigarettes to e-cigs, and my lungs are thanking me A LOT for it. Today i made a bet with a friend of mine on the treadmill, to see who could run the longest in 10 minutes. I made 2.5km, he did 2.3. So i won a beer next time we hang out.

It's REALLY nothing super impressive, and we both can do much better, but, a year back, i couldn't DREAM of doing a time like that. Or even manage such a pace for 10 minutes straight without coughing a piece of my lung out. After the 10 minutes, i felt i could have gone on running for maybe another 10 minutes.

In freedom units, that's a pace for a 6:24 mile. Which is pretty decent, but not really stellar. I still need to work on my conditioning a lot, and do more endurance & strength training.

I plan on MAYBE trying to try competing in Sand next year, but it all depends if i can reach my goals by december this year, which are threefold:

-> Reaching 62kg @ 9% BF, currently at 58kg @ 12,3% BF
-> Managing clean throws, during sparring, on my sparring partner who's at 104kg @ 18% BF.
-> Getting to a point where i can maintain normal speed/power through at least five 2 minutes sparring rounds (currently, i start to lose performance by middle round two, and by the end of round three i'm trash).

If by december this year i fail at any of these three goals, i won't be competing next year, but instead, will aim to compete in 2019.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
I would say that immunity to drunkness is a super power.

Also want more Capitão Brohak background.

He has a fairly simple background. His barbarian nation of Nasgard lost a war to a neighboring kingdom some 50 years ago, during which many of their clans were exterminated. Some survived in a reduced capacity, which is the case of Brohak's clan, the Skaldi. They were singers and keepers of lore through oral tradition, scholars and fighters. Unlike most Nasgardians, they were also exceptional sailors, which led Brohak to a life of equal shares commerce and piracy. One thing few are aware of is that Brohak's commercial activities were meant to improve on the lives of his fellow clansmen, many of whom lost their homes and livelihood during or after the war. Brohak was, by comparison to his clansmen, a much more capable diplomat and much kinder man than most people deserve to meet, while also retaining some measure of refinement.

Sadly, he died during the occupation of Tartaria by the Beastmen, trying to secure an escape route for his crew.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline PlzBreakMyCampaign

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »
There's nothing quite like calling journalists out on their lies to their faces. No one does that because they are scared to disagree with people who buy ink by the barrel. The generalized politican bashing is good too.

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »
Looks fun, also I agree you have far more chest hair than previously imagined :p

Turns out i also made local news this year, so it makes two of us: http://www.correiobraziliense.com.br/app/noticia/cidades/2017/01/03/interna_cidadesdf,563343/academias-apostam-em-descontos-e-aulas-criativas-para-atrair-novos-alu.shtml
I never make the news, I avoid talking to the reporters, but I get to play spot me in the background a dozen times a year.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2017, 12:48:23 PM »
I wonder what's up with you guys imagining I have less chest hair than I do. I mean, you've seen images of my fists. Even THEY have chest hair.  :P

Give me internets. Now.

Offline awaken_D_M_golem

• Epic Member
  • classique style , invisible tail
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2017, 05:33:16 PM »
Your codpiece is a mimic.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2017, 12:49:21 AM »
My sister bought me a tablet so I can keep in touch from the hospital.

Nowo I just have to figure out how to use the damn thing...

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2017, 01:17:02 AM »
By attaching a keyboard to it and pretending it's a laptop  :P

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 05, 2017, 05:40:29 PM »
Had a blast at a RPG for Newbies event this afternoon.

My character was one Nanashi Gonzalez, a bard skeleton (whom still believed himself flesh and blood).

Highest point of the session: ziplining across an orc fortress and snatching a chalice from an altar with prestidigitation while the Raiders March blasted in the playground.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2017, 09:31:50 AM »
So I had an idea that (at least I) find awesome for a possible Evangelion sequel.

I call it Chou Sentai Evangelion.  :D

It basically goes like this (spoiler alert for those of you who didn't see Evangelion to the end):
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:33:29 AM by Kuroimaken »

Give me internets. Now.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2017, 12:05:18 PM »
I'd watch it, Kuro

Have you seen the stuff this guy puts out?
--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aCZoYD_EWE <--

Highly suggest you watch it from the beggining, the animation quality picks up, this is the "latest".

It's pretty high quality for something made by a fan.

If there's anyone that can get your idea rolling it's this guy. Maybe pitch it to him? Or find someone that can make it happen, IDK.
"All the pride and pleasure of the world, mirrored in the dull consciousness of a fool, are poor indeed compared with the imagination of Cervantes writing his Don Quixote in a miserable prison" - Schopenhauer, Aphorisms: The Wisdom of Life

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2017, 03:45:29 PM »
Even for something fan-made, afraid that'd be copyright infringement. But who knows.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline brujon

• Epic Member
  • Insufferable Fool
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in PT-BR)
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2017, 12:50:29 AM »
I think as long as you have an original story, and you produce all the material you use, it's pretty safe from copyright. I mean, how many fanfics/slashfics of Harry Potter are floating around? (Some quite good, in fact, Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality and the unofficial/official sequel Significant Digits comes to mind).

Not to mention the very Youtube channel i linked, who not only uses, but mixes characters from several different popular franchises. And he rips audio from broadcasts to use as their voice, for authenticity. Although if you know anything about japanese it's really bad, because many of the dialogue ends up not fitting at ALL with what's happening...

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2017, 10:18:08 AM »
They aren't making money from it. A sad fact I've come to learn is that there's a relationship between the size of your public and your fanwork. Once your public reaches a certain level, you need to invest some money into keeping the content aloft. But if you make money, then they come after you.  :P

Give me internets. Now.

Online linklord231

• Epic Member
  • The dice are trying to kill me
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2017, 11:55:34 PM »
I'm not sure about Brazil, but in the US pi]characters[/i] are also covered by copyright.  Content creators usually look the other way when it comes to fanfic and other derivative works, because it results in a mutually beneficial relationship.  But if somebody actually tried to publish and make money off of Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality or whatever, you can bet JK Rowling's attorneys would have something to say.

Basically, if you're small and not trying to make money and generally "not a threat", you're fairly safe.  But you can still get a Cease and Desist order at any time. 
I'm not arguing, I'm explaining why I'm right.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2017, 10:31:50 AM »
I'm not sure about Brazil, but in the US pi]characters[/i] are also covered by copyright.  Content creators usually look the other way when it comes to fanfic and other derivative works, because it results in a mutually beneficial relationship.  But if somebody actually tried to publish and make money off of Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality or whatever, you can bet JK Rowling's attorneys would have something to say.

Basically, if you're small and not trying to make money and generally "not a threat", you're fairly safe.  But you can still get a Cease and Desist order at any time.

Yeah, I'm aware. If I wanted this story actually published, I'd need to get in touch with Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.

Give me internets. Now.