Author Topic: Real Life Picture Thread  (Read 88336 times)

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
Re: Real Life Picture Thread
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 06:41:47 AM »
Old picture, but it gives you a good idea of how I dress on a daily basis.
(click to show/hide)

I am lord of all hats.
(click to show/hide)

Caption added by Hanako, making fun of the usual topic of my campaigns.
(click to show/hide)

I'll see about adding more when I'm not at work and actually have access to my photo library.

That's... A lot of books man!

I dunno, looks like a fairly normal amount to me...  :flutter

Offline Tshern

• The Clown Prince of Crime
  • DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 06:47:43 AM »
(click to show/hide)

I am lord of all hats.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I'll see about adding more when I'm not at work and actually have access to my photo library.

Agreed. Perhaps that's the reason so few people volunteer to help me move.

Also, Azremodehar, cool earrings.
Pian unohtuu aika ja tila
Ja nahkapeitto ja syyllisyys
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 06:54:16 AM »
(click to show/hide)

I am lord of all hats.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Agreed. Perhaps that's the reason so few people volunteer to help me move.

Also, Azremodehar, cool earrings.

:D Thanks! I made 'em myself.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 06:57:11 AM »
Even better. I am guessing buying those from some official Marvel shop would cost a small fortune. Hats are always a plus too.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 07:02:48 AM »
Even better. I am guessing buying those from some official Marvel shop would cost a small fortune. Hats are always a plus too.

Probably. Cost me about... Eh, $20 in materials, and a few hours of idly working around the gaming table? I made 'em like, six years ago, so I don't remember the specifics too well. The hat was a gift from a friend, who just stuck it on my head one day out of the blue. ...I like hats. You can't really tell in the picture, but it's black with red pinstripes.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 07:07:17 AM »

Probably. Cost me about... Eh, $20 in materials, and a few hours of idly working around the gaming table? I made 'em like, six years ago, so I don't remember the specifics too well. The hat was a gift from a friend, who just stuck it on my head one day out of the blue. ...I like hats. You can't really tell in the picture, but it's black with red pinstripes.
True enough, the pinstripes fade away pretty effectively in that picture. Can't even recall when I started using hats, but I've acquired a decent collection. Too bad I never seem to have the one I want since around half of them are here and the other half is in another country...
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2012, 07:10:54 AM »

True enough, the pinstripes fade away pretty effectively in that picture. Can't even recall when I started using hats, but I've acquired a decent collection. Too bad I never seem to have the one I want since around half of them are here and the other half is in another country...

Ugh, I know the feeling. I mean, mine aren't technically in another country? But they might as well be. Though I can make any knitted or crocheted hat I could want, my haberdashery skills aren't very good.

Offline Monotremeancer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2012, 07:14:07 AM »
There is only room for two hats in my heart (even so, I collect silly headgear) one is this little babe (the pick is rather old, but I've worn that hat for 12 years now)
(click to show/hide)

The other is a hat fairly similar to the black one at the top of DonQuixote's hat-tower.
I'm what's staring back from the abyss.
How come you guys never wave?

Please send me a PM if you give me kudos. I'm interested in what I'm doing right.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2012, 07:14:39 AM »
I wouldn't dare trying to knit a hat. Then again, going through second hand stores has become a rather nice hobby. That combined with all the shoes I have it is small wonder some friends have started to ask questions about my sexuality.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2012, 07:26:02 AM »
There is only room for two hats in my heart (even so, I collect silly headgear) one is this little babe (the pick is rather old, but I've worn that hat for 12 years now)
(click to show/hide)

The other is a hat fairly similar to the black one at the top of DonQuixote's hat-tower.

Excellent choices on both counts! Really like the one in the pic; looks like leather, yeah? Love the stuff; it lasts forever if you treat it right.

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2012, 07:28:32 AM »
I wouldn't dare trying to knit a hat. Then again, going through second hand stores has become a rather nice hobby. That combined with all the shoes I have it is small wonder some friends have started to ask questions about my sexuality.

Heh. I learned to knit when I was a kid; in my primary school (in Ireland, for the record), it was required. These days, when I was a hat or some gloves or whatever - or if a friend of mine does - it's just easier to get out some yarn in the colour and fibre I know I like, and knit it up myself, rather than go shopping for one.  :flutter

ETA: To keep this on topic, my latest crocheted creation:
(click to show/hide)

The yarn was hand-dyed, and spun for me by a friend of mine. ♥
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:36:23 AM by Azremodehar »

Offline Monotremeancer

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 07:36:48 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Excellent choices on both counts! Really like the one in the pic; looks like leather, yeah? Love the stuff; it lasts forever if you treat it right.
Yeah, black leather from the land down under. I got it as a gift when my aunt and the rest of her family moved there in 2000. I could probably treat it a little better as far as greasing it up from time to time goes, but over all it is still in great shape. It even helped me earn nicknames such as "The Hat" and "Hatzor" on campus.
I'm what's staring back from the abyss.
How come you guys never wave?

Please send me a PM if you give me kudos. I'm interested in what I'm doing right.

Offline Dictum Mortuum

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 07:40:10 AM »
This is a recent picture taken by my girlfriend. Yes, the bag is hers :p
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 07:43:27 AM »
This is a recent picture taken by my girlfriend. Yes, the bag is hers :p

Never would've guessed. It looks like the manliest of bags to me.  :p

Offline Azremodehar

• *pop*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 07:46:53 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, black leather from the land down under. I got it as a gift when my aunt and the rest of her family moved there in 2000. I could probably treat it a little better as far as greasing it up from time to time goes, but over all it is still in great shape. It even helped me earn nicknames such as "The Hat" and "Hatzor" on campus.

Things like that can become iconic to the point that people won't recognise you without it. It's hilarious to sneak up on a friend and scare the bejeezus out of 'em when you're dressed or groomed in a way somehow different from your norm.

Offline Tshern

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 08:41:16 AM »
That alone is almost enough to convince me to stop dressing in so many different styles, but renewing a wardrobe is expensive business.
Ja rauenneilla kasvoilla
Viipyy muiston pysyvyys

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2012, 09:49:34 AM »
I wish I could find a decent fedora to buy in this town. I've always been fond of noir style.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
You people with your hats and whatnot.   :P

Offline radionausea

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »
Halloween last year:

(click to show/hide)
With my housemates before at my leaving party (second from the right)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:21:26 PM by radionausea »
Something inside me dies when I see the word fallacy applied to ideas held about roleplaying. And a small bit of vomit comes up when I see a character called a 'toon'.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »

Just tell them you haven't been dating because you only find massively pregnant white trash blondes sexy.  The several moments of conversation will be worth the initial looks on their faces alone.  Make sure to bring a camera ;)

Also, I should probably repeat my point about taking advice from cats...