Author Topic: Awesome stuff you have to share  (Read 268751 times)

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • Disclaimer: not at full capacity yet
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome stuff you have to share
« Reply #800 on: November 04, 2012, 04:27:54 AM »
It's kind of odd that you got that high a percentage for all three of those candidates.  I'd assume that if you are more closely aligned with Stein that you'd be almost diametrically opposed to Romney.  There's a number of things both Obama and Romney are the same on, but I didn't think any of those were the same things Stein agreed with.
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 04, 2012, 04:38:49 AM »
I can't explain it, either.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 04, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »
I got... 88% with Jill Stein, 83% with Obama, 67% with Gary Johnson, and 53% with Mitt Romney.

Huh. I thought I'd support the zombie apocalypse more.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 04, 2012, 08:44:39 AM »
95% Jill Stein, 91% Obama, 83% Rocky Anderson, 13% Mitt Romney.

Huh.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

shugenja handbook; talk about it here

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 04, 2012, 02:05:02 PM »
87% Stein, 77% Obama, 63% Anderson, 60% Johnson, 18% Romney, 16% Goode

94% Democrat, 88% Green, 30% Libertarian, 15% Republican

A bit surprising to me considering I have problems with both major parties..

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #805 on: November 04, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »

New World of Darkness quote, about Adamantine Arrow Mages talking about the Silver Ladder faction:

"We agree with their ideology, if not necessarily their practices."

Is this an accurate estimation?

Offline Agita

• He Who Lurks
  • *stare*
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 04, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »
Went ahead and took a peek despite being European.
Got 91% Stone, 82% Anderson, 76% Obama, 60% Johnson, and then Romney and Goode with 17% and 12%. 93% Democrat, 84% Green, 27% Libertarian, and 7% Republican.

Interesting that the compatibility seems swapped around between the top candidates and the top parties. Then again, that doesn't seem to be uncommon.
Please send private messages regarding board matters to Forum Staff instead.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 04, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »

New World of Darkness quote, about Adamantine Arrow Mages talking about the Silver Ladder faction:

"We agree with their ideology, if not necessarily their practices."

Is this an accurate estimation?

depends.  where i fall really depends on what individual issue is being discussed.  Overall I'd probably be considered progressive instead of orthodox, but I hate both major parties.  they do nothing but pay lip service to the issues their electorate considers important while trying to hold onto power.

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 04, 2012, 04:08:31 PM »
Well, see, you agree with the party positions, it's just that they don't do anything on stated positions.  That fair?
My Sig's Handy Haversack  Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 04, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »
Sort of.  For example I don't see a problem with abortion, but I'm against gun control.

I'm for gay rights but hate political correctness. 

In short I dont really fit with either one.

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: November 04, 2012, 05:45:24 PM »
Sort of.  For example I don't see a problem with abortion, but I'm against gun control.

Sounds closest to Libertarian, I'd think.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 04, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »

As a Libertarian I was thinking about the same lines, but I've been avoiding all of the political discussions on the board.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 04, 2012, 06:05:14 PM »

Most of the Libertarians I've met in Ohio could give a fuck less about personal liberty, they just want a society where corporations rule instead of government and it's every man for himself, and you compete daily for even the most basic resources and die if you fall and get left behind.  They're selfish sociopathic bastards who want the ability to fuck other people over, and want the law to legally excuse them doing it and justify their personal agendas (most of which involve some form of fascism or social darwinism).

My apologies to Nanshork and the boards other Libertarians,  I realize you aren't all like that, but it is frustrating.

Offline InnaBinder

• Legendary Member
  • Onna table
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 04, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »

Most of the Libertarians I've met in Ohio could give a fuck less about personal liberty, they just want a society where corporations rule instead of government and it's every man for himself, and you compete daily for even the most basic resources and die if you fall and get left behind.  They're selfish sociopathic bastards who want the ability to fuck other people over, and want the law to legally excuse them doing it and justify their personal agendas (most of which involve some form of fascism or social darwinism).

My apologies to Nanshork and the boards other Libertarians,  I realize you aren't all like that, but it is frustrating.
I initially thought of Libertarian because it sounds very much like how Penn Jillette, the magician/comic, describes his viewpoint when I've seen him do so, and he claims to "ALWAYS vote Libertarian."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:24:56 PM by InnaBinder »

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 04, 2012, 06:19:31 PM »
In my experience, all Libertarian candidates are insane, and in the way you mentioned bhu.  I'd be all about libertariansim if it wasn't tainted by Randism (the religion where Ayn Rand is the messiah, that I totally didn't make up the name for).

@Inna: that's because that's what he thinks.  And I really hate him for thinking that way, because he takes it to the true extreme, which is always bad.  I wish I could agree with him, because I do most of the time when it comes to personal liberty.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 04, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »
I do agree with Penn and Teller sometimes , but they also let their ideology blind them on occasion.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 04, 2012, 06:28:30 PM »
@Bhu: From what I can tell (aka what I've heard you say about them) most of the people you know in Ohio seem to be fuckwits so I can't say that I'm surprised they completely misunderstand the Libertarian platform.  Then again most people misunderstand the Libertarian platform or take it to extremes. 

To set the record straight (because I feel I have to): Libertarianism has nothing to do with Ayn Rand (god I hate that bitch), Gary Johnson isn't crazy, and Ron Paul isn't a god-damned Libertarian.  I swear I hate him as much as I hate Ayn Rand just because everybody tells me I should vote for him because he's the "Libertarian branch of the Republican Party".  You know what that makes him?  A REPUBLICAN!

Sorry for the rant.   :blush

Offline altpersona

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • You are here
« Reply #817 on: November 04, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »
i am willing to second that notion that most buckeyes are fuckwits.  ;)
The goal of power is power. - 1984
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow
The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga still sux.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 04, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »
and the above are examples of why I like nan and alt  :D

Offline dman11235

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 04, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »
@Nan, yeah, I know, but I swear it's near impossible to get a Libertarian candidate who's not insane.  Johnson is much less insane than most (much, but by association he's a little...), but the IN senate Libertarian candidate is freaking insane.  He talks AND looks like a crazy hobo.

About Ayn Rand: she's become the Libertarian messiah.  I hate her about as much as you do, and for similar reasons.  It's just that when most people talk Libertarian, they think Objectivism.  See: Penn Jillette.  He's a religious zealot, and his religion is Randism.  It involves hating all other religions and trying to convert as many people as possible to the same, and taking over the world with anarchy that protects the rich people, regardless of why they are rich or how they got there.