Author Topic: The Peanut Gallery  (Read 207725 times)

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
Re: The Peanut Gallery
« Reply #920 on: November 21, 2014, 01:21:17 PM »
new try, sorry for the delay, got buzy. Is it better ?

(click to show/hide)
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Debatra

• Kaedanis Pyran
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 22, 2014, 11:54:31 PM »
Much. The only two issues I have are the ears being too big, and wondering why the wing is bent like that.

And hey, don't worry about time.
Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 23, 2014, 02:06:19 PM »
Allright ! i've already halved the ears, I can do that, unless you do tell approximatively the size you wish. as for the bent wing, well, it was likewise on the bat of the right species Iused for a reference, and kept it  for the moment. It will be altered.
Any specifics informations on what he is wearing, weaponry, profession perhaps ? After all, I'm currently  making him draw a sword subrepticely behind his wing, that might be wrong on a caster using only a staff  :P
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Debatra

• Kaedanis Pyran
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 24, 2014, 01:42:25 AM »
Half again might just work. I think the main issue is that they look like they're coming out the back of his head instead of the sides like most humanoids. Maybe move them forward a bit and rotate them outward.

As for profession, etc, he's an Illusionist. However:

"None of that "trappings of a mage" nonsense here; the first visual indication that he is a spellcaster is if and when he starts casting spells"

Hence the request for plain clothes. He does however have a longsword.

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 28, 2014, 11:02:13 AM »
Ok. Working on it.

By the way... any news on what we need to go on here ?  :P
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 28, 2014, 11:18:17 AM »
By the way... any news on what we need to go on here ?  :P

(click to show/hide)

So it looks like Sheerak and the Sheeralith, to be posted by Sneaky_Sable, still need actions, and then SirP and MM need to process it all.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
  • Organizations are imaginary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 28, 2014, 01:29:27 PM »
Yes! That is correct; thanks, Garryl.

SirP and I consulted briefly on Tuesday. I just didn't get a chance to post that comment yet due to holiday and travel, Wednesday till now - and still, but I do have a little time for some one-finger typing.

Sable - Please do post Sheerak, and the Sheeralith. For guidance on results, all of the Mariliths look somewhat worse for wear after Captain Vir and The Parrot Of Death hit them, except for the emerald plates. Even a solid hit from Omega produced nary a chip.

Edit: And best of the holidays to all, whether or not you're in the US celebrating - have fun with friends/family wherever you are.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:33:47 PM by MetroMagic »

Offline Debatra

• Kaedanis Pyran
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 28, 2014, 03:50:40 PM »
So... what's everyone think of the odds that we'll finish this round by 2015?

Offline Garryl

• DnD Handbook Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 28, 2014, 04:19:18 PM »
50-50. I'm also hoping I get to join this game before 2016.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 29, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
50-50. I'm also hoping I get to join this game before 2016.

100%! Sable does his posts, then SirP figures results and we clean up the end-of-round, then it's top of new round. Pretty quick, even before Christmas, right?

Right??   :???  :)

Edit: autoincorrect fixed

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #930 on: November 30, 2014, 11:20:01 PM »
I'm gonna try to get Sheerak posted tomorrow. I'm still compiling all these  :shakefist Tome Homerule compilations. I swear, if someone told me that she has an ability that when she hits someone, it spawns a puppy that compels them to be a nicer person unless they make a Willpower save with a DC equal to 10 plus the number of years they've been evil... I'd believe it at this point.

Also, I cannot emulate the flair of the original player, but I'll certainly try to make it more interesting then "I swing my spiked chain of doom sixteen times for a hundred and ninety four damage squared". :)
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 01, 2014, 07:16:49 AM »

It has been foretold ! THE ENDof ROUND ONE IS NEAR ! REPENT!
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Debatra

• Kaedanis Pyran
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 01, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »
Well let's see... Maybe one more round to take down the remaining mooks, another to kill Demogorgon...

At this rate, assuming more bad guys don't show up, we might be done with this combat by 2018. Seriously, check the dates. This round started A YEAR AND A HALF AGO.

I like to think I'm a patient person, but something had better fucking change in the next month or so. I know real life comes first and all, and I'll never complain about that, but this is ridiculous.

A YEAR AND A HALF! Entire GAMES start and finish in that time.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 01, 2014, 11:48:29 AM »
@Sable - Thanks! There's a double to-hit roll, as usual near Star, but  SirP or I can just roll an extra if the first roll misses. Unless you'd like the fun of more d20 rolls yourself.

And thanks for digging through the homebrew  pile with both hands.

Offline MetroMagic

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 01, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »

:lol  :lol  :lol  (<- they're laughing in French)

...now that we've come to the end of a cycle in the Mayan Calendar  :)

The Gods must have deity-sized senses of humor. Otherwise the Multiverse wouldn't hold so many absurdities.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:25:11 PM by MetroMagic »

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #935 on: December 01, 2014, 12:35:14 PM »
Well let's see... Maybe one more round to take down the remaining mooks, another to kill Demogorgon...

At this rate, assuming more bad guys don't show up, we might be done with this combat by 2018. Seriously, check the dates. This round started A YEAR AND A HALF AGO.

I like to think I'm a patient person, but something had better fucking change in the next month or so. I know real life comes first and all, and I'll never complain about that, but this is ridiculous.

A YEAR AND A HALF! Entire GAMES start and finish in that time.

First off, relax. There's no need for such profanity. We don't use the "D" word in this house. He'll hear you, and then it's no fun for anyone.

Second, there's a lot of super heroes in this game. I think Sable may be the only one built with just one set of rules. There's a lot of massive enemy stats going on back there behind the screen, not to mention that for a while Metro and SirP had to each run two games full of rule monster supermonkeys, so merging them together only complicated the issue further.

Also, as a supporting point to that, we don't meet at your table every Thursday. We meet when we can here on this board. All you have to do is post what your one character does. Metro and SirP have to compare the thirty seven to-hit rolls that we all bombard them with, each, against however many monsters there are, minus bonuses, calculating miss chances, reticulating splines, and then seeing to damage. When they get the chance. They have families too. Not families they got through the Leadership feat which they can sweep under the rug when it's convenient.

This campaign is an enormous undertaking. I won't even do the standard "I'd like to see you do this" because honestly, wrangling this many cats together in one box isn't something anyone wants to try. I've seen a campaign with THREE nigh-omnipotent assholes, just THREE... get cancelled before it started because the GM took a look at the characters and was literally "Nope. Done.". So the fact that Metro and SirP have, what, twelve? Thirteen sons of Krypton here...

I hate to sound preachy, so I'll get off my soap box in a moment, and I know you'd never complain about it... except you kinda did. So I'm giving it back.

Games that meet every week for four hours with characters built on established limits begin and run in a year and a half. If you honestly can tell us that you'd allow any of the characters in this thread to sit at your table, then please let us know what state you live in. I'd love to run a Paladin Necromancer Psion Mage Monk Assassin Thrallherd Scion of Wee Jas.

Or maybe I'd just write up a monster with one level of Commoner. Just to keep the other players guessing.

To the others, I apologize for my rant. Metro and SirP are good friends of mine off the board.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Harald

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 01, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »
Nothing wrong with a rant from time to time.  Including wanting this campaign going faster if feasible. I do not think it was a criticism on the amount of work done by our GM, more like the consequences of it beign so good, we want more.

I do think -and hope - we will get faster once we can  advance the tale enough to allow us to part aside with the absentee's characters. That will make many complicated things less for both our GMs to handle.
Fewer members of the Justice League on board =>less property damages to manage  and less complicated vilains to brew up.

As for Nigh-omnipotent Assholes, I remember that, I was there. And you're right, our current crew is scarier than the aforementioned 3...

So, SirP, Metro, if you need any help , just ask.
-RAMMING SPEED !

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #937 on: December 01, 2014, 01:56:48 PM »
You're right, I may have overreacted.

My apologies.
Link to my homebrews

Offline Debatra

• Kaedanis Pyran
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 01, 2014, 02:12:31 PM »
I've never actually done the game in person at a table. (Might make for a nice change if I could find a local group, but that's beside the point for now.) When I said games start and end in that kind of time, I actually meant PBP.

While I certainly understand the massive workload of a game like this, no combat should last an entire real-life year, let alone one round.

This one round of combat, all this that's happening in about six seconds of in-game time, has taken longer to get through (and let's not forget, it's actually 1.5 years and counting) than the entire rest of the game so far put together.

The entire rest of the game, I might add, that literally had about ten times the dice being rolled at once, what with the Ritual Copies and all.

Offline sirpercival

• Honorary Mod
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 01, 2014, 08:16:35 PM »
The REAL problem is that I'm in the last year of my PhD, and have such a ridiculous amount of work that I don't really have time at all for much else.  MM & I used to chat on the phone once or twice a week, which meant that coordinating combat happened on a much faster timescale, but that's happened much less recently. I was strongly considering shutting down this game like I shut down every other PbP I was involved with, but I had invested too much time & energy into it to want to walk away... I figured a cosmically slow pace was better than no pace at all...
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.