Author Topic: [MaI] Metroid as Incarnum General Discussion Thread  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
[MaI] Metroid as Incarnum General Discussion Thread
« on: November 20, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
Any general discussion can go here.

Satori

Re: [MaI] Metroid as Incarnum General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 09:12:28 PM »
I just want to say that this concept is awesome.  I was playing around with doing Sailor Moon as Incarnum myself, before someone pointed out that that only worked for the early seasons of the Sailor Moon anime, while latter issues of the Sailor Moon manga is more like Epic Psionics + Divine Ranks.

Offline Havok4

• A Being of Malevolent Sentience
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:01:09 PM »
Nice to see this is back up.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:39:22 PM »
Can I integrate Power of Cybernetics into my Magipunk setting? It seems like it would fit perfectly.
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »
Can I integrate Power of Cybernetics into my Magipunk setting? It seems like it would fit perfectly.

Of course.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:14:02 PM »
So, I'm going through the old MaI module lists, looking for what to update for PoC, what to drop, and what holes need to be filled. Some things are pretty good as-is and just need some wording changes. Others I'm not as happy with. However, I'm still writing some more modules, even above and beyond the ones already in MaI (including 4 more Phazon modules).

In particular, the Beam modules. In general, they used to be pretty formulaic. +1 damage/energy on melee attacks, then set your beam cannon to the specified energy type along with +1d6 damage/energy, and some extra effect on a crit (usually a short duration condition of some sort). Except for the ones that weren't, of course. I'd kind of like to vary them a bit more so the ones that are off-formula don't seem like crazy accidents and stuff. I'd also like to remove the +1d6 damage/energy effect from the Emitter sockets, partly because the Energy Warrior gets a built in enhancement bonus and Wis to damage that the Chozo Warrior lacked. So I'm interested more in the rider effects and beam modifications, like the Warlock's blast shapes and eldritch essences. That still leaves the remainder of the modules' effects, which aren't beam related, but that's always the case. Those, well, they already exist. It's just the energy damage baseline effect I'm not as pleased about, I guess.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Are there any modules that you particularly like? Are there any that you feel need changing? Are there any design holes waiting to be filled?

Offline silverwerret

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 09:36:14 AM »
I do have a Metroid D20 word doc, that I do believe was taken down from the net, that I would be willing to share if just for resource purposes.  I don't think it uses Incarnum but is rather a straight 3.5 adaptation.  It seems pretty solid, but has been the only metroid resource I had before stumbing upon this site and GITP.  If wanted and you don't want to exchange messengers/e-mails for transfer purposes, please let me know how to get it to you.

Offline Garryl

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 04:33:46 PM »
Ooh, that would be nice. I can PM you my email address, or maybe you could put it up on google docs?

Offline silverwerret

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 10:14:24 AM »
Email would be preferable, that way I can send a few others your way if needed.  I honestly would forget to put it up on Google docs, just due to not being on a lot.  Actually just passing through now on my way to go lay down, since I have work again today.