Author Topic: Videogame Discussion II: Snake's Revenge  (Read 306751 times)

Offline SorO_Lost

• Epic Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Videogame Discussion II: Snake's Revenge
« Reply #980 on: September 24, 2015, 02:01:00 AM »
Pfff,  Gameshark?  I borrowed a Game Genie for my NES from my neighbour when I was a kid.  Tried inputting random codes for a few games.  For Super Mario Bros, I turned Mario green and he couldn't jump.  Made Link invincible in Zelda 2.  Nothing memorable in any of the other games, though.
Game Genie unfortunately encoded it's set up in order to sell you new code books.

The first releases of Game Shark, before they were bought out, didn't encrypt their values. Like with the GB everyone who played Pokemon learned the last four digits was the memory address and the 3rd & 4th numbers was what data you were forcing to be read. Want a Mew? Figure out what 151 was in hexadecimal and boom you were set. None of that battle a dozen Abras hoping to catch a lv100 Mew crap.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:05:13 AM by SorO_Lost »

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #981 on: September 28, 2015, 02:58:22 AM »
So owners of the PC version of MGSV are capable of transferring MP3 files to a "Custom Soundtrack" folder in the game's source file. These tracks can be accessed in-game to play when the helicopter comes in, or as a casette tape on your iDroid.

So I've been accumulating a series of music choices, some serious, others not so much.  I felt that Dethklok's Hatredcopter was highly appropriate, for example.

So, what music choices do you find particularly appropriate for the game, whether to play during missions or when the helicopter's summoned?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:43:09 PM by Libertad »

Offline Kethrian

• Legendary Member
  • Night Owl
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 28, 2015, 03:29:31 AM »
Going by what I've heard in a Let's Play, I'm going to assume you are talking about MGS5.  I don't own the game, so I can't say what I do use, but I do like the idea of using the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance soundtrack for some of it.
What do I win?
An awesome-five for mentioning Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 28, 2015, 08:52:34 AM »
So owners of the PC version of the game are capable of transferring MP3 files to a "Custom Soundtrack" folder in the game's source file. These tracks can be accessed in-game to play when the helicopter comes in, or as a casette tape on your iDroid.

So I've been accumulating a series of music choices, some serious, others not so much.  I felt that Dethklok's Hatredcopter was highly appropriate, for example.

So, what music choices do you find particularly appropriate for the game, whether to play during missions or when the helicopter's summoned?

Clearly, it must be an 80's inspired soundtrack. Things like Highway to the Danger Zone, or the He-Man  theme.  :D
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Libertad

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fantasy and Gaming Blog
« Reply #984 on: September 28, 2015, 01:43:37 PM »
Going by what I've heard in a Let's Play, I'm going to assume you are talking about MGS5.  I don't own the game, so I can't say what I do use, but I do like the idea of using the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance soundtrack for some of it.

Apologies.  I copy-pasted this when it was its own thread on another forum without thinking.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 28, 2015, 08:11:21 PM »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.