Author Topic: Real Life Picture Thread  (Read 88315 times)

Offline bobthe6th

• Not sure what to put here...
    • View Profile
Re: Real Life Picture Thread
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
Ok, so there are sofar been posters from at least 5 countries, and we have one female and nothing but Caucasians...
says the next random Caucasian male. Still this is weird.

Will post a photo when I figure out my webcam.
avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew.  you should PEACH them...
Telekineticist
Razor

Offline SneeR

• Legendary Member
  • Sneering
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2013, 08:53:28 PM »
Ok, so there are sofar been posters from at least 5 countries, and we have one female and nothing but Caucasians...
I'm not Caucasian. I am German, Irish, and Scottish. I have no ancestors traceable to the Caucasus. Therefore, I prefer the term "white".

I only throw out this comment because people should know how subtly racist it is to link a person to a place based on their skin color. A black girl from my high school finds the term "African-American" very offensive because all of her family comes from Jamaica or Haiti, peoples with rich and vibrant cultures quite separate from the stereotypical African ones.
A smile from ear to ear
3.5 is disappointingly flawed.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2013, 09:13:04 PM »
Same here; I'm about half-German, though, as evidenced by my obviously middle-European facial structure.
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2013, 09:13:38 PM »
I'm going to avoid talking about race and instead say that since this is my thread I should probably rummage up some more pictures of me...

Offline Jackinthegreen

• DnD Handbook Writer
  • I like green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2013, 09:18:02 PM »
I went back through the thread and noticed that I actually did post a picture.  It's old, but it works.

I suppose my next pic might be me cosplaying as Sig Curtis from FMA.  I don't have the arm muscles nor quite as full facial hair, but it works.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about caucasians.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 09:20:15 PM by Jackinthegreen »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2013, 09:20:23 PM »
I let my roommate see this thread, so now she's decided to take random pictures of me so that I can have something to post.   So yeah, a bunch of very random pictures might be coming along once she's done being a weirdo.

Also, she approves of your style Don.

Offline RedWarlock

• Crimson-colored caster of calamity
    • View Profile
    • Red Blade Studios
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2013, 09:43:28 PM »
So, I've been going to the gym pretty steadily for the last 18-19 months. I've gotten into the habit of taking progress photos of myself in the one-man changing room at my gym, since it's a full-length mirror. Most of these are shirtless or in a workout shirt, and not really meant for public sharing, but I've also been trying to get a few in my day-clothes to show to friends and family:

(click to show/hide)

I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments, I've established myself as one of the bigger and stronger guys at the gym, and have been more social with the other serious lifters in the last few weeks. It's kinda weird, I've also been getting those 'looks' from the regular folks, the "whoah, look at the big dude" type looks. It's a bit of a boost to my ego.  :D
WarCraft post-d20: A new take on the World of WarCraft for tabletop. I need your eyes and comments!

Offline bobthe6th

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »
I'm not Caucasian. I am German, Irish, and Scottish. I have no ancestors traceable to the Caucasus. Therefore, I prefer the term "white".

I only throw out this comment because people should know how subtly racist it is to link a person to a place based on their skin color. A black girl from my high school finds the term "African-American" very offensive because all of her family comes from Jamaica or Haiti, peoples with rich and vibrant cultures quite separate from the stereotypical African ones.

K, will try to remember that, and that is legitimate reasoning. Sorry.

Telekineticist
Razor

Offline veekie

• Spinner of Fortunes
  • Epic Member
  • Chaos Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2013, 12:11:11 AM »
I think it's a more American thing, to phrase it that way. I mean most anywhere else you would state ethnicity by their color or apparent region of origin, and nobody gives a damn how as long as the information is conveyed.
Everything is edible. Just that there are things only edible once per lifetime.
It's a god-eat-god world.

Procrastination is the thief of time; Year after year it steals, till all are fled,
And to the mercies of a moment leaves; The vast concerns of an eternal scene.

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2013, 12:29:25 AM »

Likewise, I descend from Portuguese and either Spanish or French roots, with likely a dash of Arab in for good measure (I am a bit more tanned than some of my pictures would suggest). I have a hard time classifying myself as pretty much anything ethnically speaking. Which is the case for a lot of Brazillians too.
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline sirpercival

• Epic Member
  • you can't escape the miles
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2013, 07:40:23 AM »

Likewise, I descend from Portuguese and either Spanish or French roots, with likely a dash of Arab in for good measure (I am a bit more tanned than some of my pictures would suggest). I have a hard time classifying myself as pretty much anything ethnically speaking. Which is the case for a lot of Brazillians too. I AM DESCENDED FROM AWESOME, THE PROGENITOR OF AWESOME, AND AWESOME INCARNATE

FTFY
I am the assassin of productivity

(member in good standing of the troll-feeders guild)

It's begun — my things have overgrown the previous sig.

Offline Amechra

• Epic Member
  • Thread Necromancy a specialty
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2013, 09:50:18 AM »
That does bring up the question... Kuroi, have you thought of donating sperm?

Your obviously superior genetics must be spread!
"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those that defy it."

"Now that everyone's so happy, this is probably a good time to tell you I ate your parents."

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:41 AM »

I can imagine the news story now:
Today: in Brazil.
This week, three women all gave birth by C-section in a most unusual manner. Each of the women's children managed some form of technique while in the womb that caused the mothers flesh to split as clean as a surgical cut. Each of the babies then crawled out on their own power, and even cinched and cut their own umbilical cords. The babies then took a much deserved nap. The first one, who'd been born on Monday, had actually been spanked by the doctor, as per long-standing custom. The doctor is expected to be able to return to work by next month. Fortunately, that story got around to other hospitals quickly enough that none of the other doctors attempted to interrupt the other two children's naps.
Investigations are still pending as to the reason for this phenomenon, but it is known that each of the women were fertilized at the same clinic. We will continue to follow this story, and report when more is known.
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »

This week, three women all gave birth by C-section in a most unusual manner. Each of the women's children managed some form of technique while in the womb that caused the mothers flesh to split as clean as a surgical cut. Each of the babies then crawled out on their own power, and even cinched and cut their own umbilical cords. The babies then took a much deserved nap. The first one, who'd been born on Monday, had actually been spanked by the doctor, as per long-standing custom. The doctor is expected to be able to return to work by next month. Fortunately, that story got around to other hospitals quickly enough that none of the other doctors attempted to interrupt the other two children's naps.
Investigations are still pending as to the reason for this phenomenon, but it is known that each of the women were fertilized at the same clinic. We will continue to follow this story, and report when more is known.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Holy shit, arias, I think I just peed myself laughing.

EDIT: Ain't that story missing the part where the cut closed itself up after the babies crawled out, and wherein the baby kicks during pregnancy caused visible bruising on the outside of their bellies?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:17:38 AM by Kuroimaken »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2013, 11:19:27 AM »

:thumb

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »
EDIT: Ain't that story missing the part where the cut closed itself up after the babies crawled out, and wherein the baby kicks during pregnancy caused visible bruising on the outside of their bellies?

I am unsure if even you can do that yet, so I imagine even the localized blood-stopping pressure point control would take them until they were at least 2. (And for the skeptics, yes, that is a thing. I've met a few trauma Paramedics that knew how to do it for certain body parts.)

And I'm not sure the bruised kick-marks would make it in the news blip, but I had considered it. ;)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline DonQuixote

• Epic Member
  • What is sickness to the body of a knight errant?
    • View Profile
    • The Spellshaping Codices (Homebrew Board)
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »
I let my roommate see this thread, so now she's decided to take random pictures of me so that I can have something to post.   So yeah, a bunch of very random pictures might be coming along once she's done being a weirdo.

Hooray for being weird!

Roughly half of the reactions I get are approval.  The other half are people thinking I'm pretentious.  Win some, lose some.
“Hast thou not felt in forest gloom, as gloaming falls on dark-some dells, when comes a whisper, hum and hiss; savage growling sounds a-near, dazzling flashes around thee flicker, whirring waxes and fills thine ears: has thou not felt then grisly horrors that grip thee and hold thee?”

Offline bobthe6th

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2013, 10:50:24 PM »
Roughly half of the reactions I get are approval.  The other half are people thinking I'm pretentious.  Win some, lose some.

It's a nice style, though a bit 4th doctor(possibly 3 when your much older), still I have to approve. 

Telekineticist
Razor

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2013, 11:13:05 PM »

Hooray for being weird!
:P

She's constantly talking about making me wear a top hat and is obsessed with Victorian era clothes, so yeah.

Alright, I'm too tired/lazy to find the cord for my camera tonight so I'll put pictures up tomorrow.  Be warned, I never have a shirt on when I'm at home so there will be some naked man chest action going on.

Offline bhu

• Uncle Kittie
  • DnD Handbook Writer
  • Fnord bitches
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2013, 11:45:07 PM »
Apparently my family is a mix of people from Lincolnshire England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland.  Apparently we have a little Italian and Cherokee as well.