Gaming Discussion > General D&D Discussion

AD&D 1E Tomb of Horrors (PC Ideas)

(1/2) > >>

Necrosnoop110:
My group is running AD&D 1E Tomb of Horrors. I'm working up a PC. No spoilers on the module but any suggestions on good character ideas? Any tips, tricks, or traps I should look out for? Never played 1E before.

XP: 1,000,000
Stats: 16, 15, 14, 14, 13, 8 (can swap order)(can trade 2 points from one to give 1 point to another)
All Books Allowed, No Magazines or homebrew 

Was thinking Elf F/M or F/M/T? 

Skyrock:
Better roll up a few replacement characters in advance, you will need them, trust me.
Stats and class choice don't matter much actually, most of the tricks and traps rely on player skill instead of character skill.

As for tricks or traps to look out for, the module is just a romp of tricks and traps from beginning to end, most of them highly lethal. Telling more would require spoilers, but I recommend replacement characters for a reason.

Necrosnoop110:

--- Quote from: Skyrock on September 21, 2019, 10:24:46 AM ---Better roll up a few replacement characters in advance, you will need them, trust me.
Stats and class choice don't matter much actually, most of the tricks and traps rely on player skill instead of character skill.

As for tricks or traps to look out for, the module is just a romp of tricks and traps from beginning to end, most of them highly lethal. Telling more would require spoilers, but I recommend replacement characters for a reason.

--- End quote ---
What about a build dedicated to large amounts of henchmen, summons, and survivability?

Nanshork:

--- Quote from: Necrosnoop110 on September 21, 2019, 12:05:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: Skyrock on September 21, 2019, 10:24:46 AM ---Better roll up a few replacement characters in advance, you will need them, trust me.

--- End quote ---
What about a build dedicated to large amounts of henchmen, summons, and survivability?

--- End quote ---

1E doesn't support any of that as much as you're used to.

Necrosnoop110:
Follow Up Question: Does AD&D 1E have standard treasure or appropriate gear, gold, and magic items for characters starting above 1st level (in this case ~12th (1,000,000 xp))?   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version