Author Topic: [3.P] Need help with Divine caster for Skulls and Shackles  (Read 981 times)

Offline dg8672

• Lurker
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
[3.P] Need help with Divine caster for Skulls and Shackles
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »
Good afternoon, guys.

I've never been the guy who plays the cleric - it's just never been something that jibes with my style.

That said, I'm joining a Skulls and Shackles AP game and am going to be the divine caster (its the only class role needed), and I need some help.

I was going to go Oracle at first, but kept running into problems trying to balance being a caster and being viable when I'm not casting spells.

Is Oracle the way to go?  Or is Cleric better off?  Battle Cleric/Battle Oracle would be my ideal, but in a sea-faring campaign, I don't see a good reason to go CoDZilla.

My first thought was a Human Waves Oracle w/ the Haunted Curse, but that basically turns me into a support caster that heals.  Again, maybe its just because I don't see something I should.

Any help would be appreciated. And yes, I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting to specify, so I apologize in advance. Here's what I KNOW for sure:

* Point buy is 15.
* We're using the core, APG, the Inner Sea books and (with GM approval on a case by case basis), stuff from UM and UC.
* No Lawful charaters
* Race is unimportant.