Author Topic: High End IC Episode II-At the End of the Time Which Can Never Be Returned to  (Read 52379 times)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
Re: High End IC Episode II-At the End of the Time Which Can Never Be Returned to
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2018, 08:11:04 PM »
Murasaki seems unfazed by Hugo's glare.

: "Hugo Lotushand! Stop bullying Katherine! If Arodatam is her future self, then anything you do to her now may have big repercussions down the line! Also I'm going with you for this no matter what you say."

: "I'll be preparing packed lunches for your new trip then. Will my company be required? And what exactly should I report to my mistress and any AA officers that come asking about your progress?"

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
  • No obstacle too great for the FLAMES IN MY HEART!!
    • View Profile
Re: High End IC Episode II-At the End of the Time Which Can Never Be Returned to
« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2018, 09:30:24 AM »
"You mean her being around Murasaki here is fine and healthy? Babe, you need to learn quite a bit more about human interaction.

Anyways, we're not hurting for options, but we may be hurting for time. Anybody feels like there's one location or another we should be checking first? Any criteria is fine provided you can explain it.

Murasaki, feel free to report our current line of investigation to your mistress. Her drones may not be the best pick for the job, but surely she might know someone who is. The AA is a more complicated matter, but... I think we can persuade them to let us be for a little while longer if we claim that the recent attacks on the Black Market have led to the possibility of a dangerous element in Ragol that we need to investigate. Which is not entirely wrong, really."
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:33:33 AM by Kuroimaken »
Kami darou ga akuma darou ga, ore no michi ni tateru mono NASHI!!

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2018, 09:55:56 AM »
"Do you think Arodatam will get jealous if we all show up with her?"

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2018, 11:37:32 PM »
"You mean her being around Murasaki here is fine and healthy? Babe, you need to learn quite a bit more about human interaction.”
:”Dressing as a maid to cover one’s insecurities is normal by human society standards, they have cafés and events year round for that. Murasaki may have an inferiority complex since Katherine’s prettier, stronger, younger, braver, kinder plus her great legend’s only starting and will leave a lasting legacy without needing to resort to cheap gimmicks.”

:”But that’s small photons compared to what you do Hugo Lotushand. Like trying to solve most of your problems by throwing biotentacles at them. Tell me, who else customizes their mecha to shoot biotentacles? By the way you better not be planning to try any biotentacles with Aradotam either. I don’t want to see you getting hurt in a diplomatic mission.”

Anyways, we're not hurting for options, but we may be hurting for time. Anybody feels like there's one location or another we should be checking first? Any criteria is fine provided you can explain it.”

:”Start at the start. Lashic’s castle is ground zero and also would be the best place to capture some Dark Force cultists to interrogate.”

:”Think we should check that Omega planet Amaterasu mentioned first. It’s the latest iteration we know of so would get us the most recent clues, and we may be able to meet one of those alternate fantasy heroes!”

“Murasaki, feel free to report our current line of investigation to your mistress. Her drones may not be the best pick for the job, but surely she might know someone who is. The AA is a more complicated matter, but... I think we can persuade them to let us be for a little while longer if we claim that the recent attacks on the Black Market have led to the possibility of a dangerous element in Ragol that we need to investigate. Which is not entirely wrong, really."

:”You appear to be misguided about my Mistress’s priorities, Master Hugo. She wants to take a fertile world for herself, more specifically Ragol. How exactly does this ruin investigation plan helps her reach this objective faster? If I tell her to turn her resources to the exploration of ruins somewhere else, she will not be pleased at all and may just start taking a more direct approach to Ragol. ”

"Do you think Arodatam will get jealous if we all show up with her?"

:”What makes you think that, Amaterasu?”

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2018, 01:28:59 AM »
”Dressing as a maid to cover one’s insecurities is normal by human society standards, they have cafés and events year round for that. Murasaki may have an inferiority complex since Katherine’s prettier, stronger, younger, braver, kinder plus her great legend’s only starting and will leave a lasting legacy without needing to resort to cheap gimmicks.”

"Now that's how you talk to a girl, Hugo!" she cheerily remarks, beaming a smile at all this praise.

Turning her gaze in Murasaki's direction next, that smile took on a clearly belittling tone now. " And see, Old Maid? It's not just me."

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2018, 03:29:32 PM »
"Excuse me, but our last problem I solved by throwing my naked shirtless self at you, and WORDS, thank you very much. And I would never waste tentacles on someone who's even remotely as fast as Katherine at slicing shit up.

You misunderstand, Murasaki. I was talking about stalling the AA, not your mistress. If she takes over Ragol and then Dark Force takes her over, then we're plane-shifting onto a whole new level of 'screwed'.

Katherine, the reason I don't speak to you in that manner is because if I did, you might get the idea that I'm coming on to you. Which is wrong on so many levels and would make you so mad that as mistakes go, it would make a colony drop be reclassified as 'Oops' in the Catastrophe-Incident Meter."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2018, 07:27:58 AM »
"And see, Old Maid? It's not just me."
:“You don’t know how it’s to be hated by everybody else. To not have any friends or family. When I don the maid outfit, people look at me with something other than hate or disgust, they care about me. I didn’t want to become a maid mercenary, but what choice did I have? If I take out this outfit, there’ll be nothing of me left...”

:"Excuse me, but our last problem I solved by throwing my naked shirtless self at you, and WORDS, thank you very much. "
:”O-Only after you tried tentacles on us. Invisible, incorporeal tentacles from the Light knows where!”

:"And I would never waste tentacles on someone who's even remotely as fast as Katherine at slicing shit up. "

:”...I’ll consider that as progress, docinho.”

:"You misunderstand, Murasaki. I was talking about stalling the AA, not your mistress. If she takes over Ragol and then Dark Force takes her over, then we're plane-shifting onto a whole new level of 'screwed'."
:”If you aknowledge the possible results of your request, I shall do as you ordered after you leave.”

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2018, 09:37:34 AM »
"You know full well I do better by hand than by pseudopod, buuuuuuut I wouldn't want to make you jealous.

You may report to your Mistress as you see fit given the circumstances, Murasaki. But I want to speak to you privately after this meeting is over."

Give me internets. Now.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2018, 07:41:11 AM »
:"You may report to your Mistress as you see fit given the circumstances, Murasaki. But I want to speak to you privately after this meeting is over."
:”As you say, master Lotushand.”

The local sun is setting in the horizon as you return to the Central Dome (still in ruins) area in Ragol. You see that Immortal Steel has set a base in the nearby jungle, a collection of metal hangars and turrets, all surrounded by an elegant garden using the local plants perfectly blending with the military strucutres, eerily reminescent of Katherine’s own work you’ve seen her do, but on a colder, more somber tone. You sense something else disturbing in the picture, and then you realize it's the lack of something, more in particular that while before you caught glimpses of the local wildlife, large alien beasts moving between the vegetation and exotic birds soaring the skies, their howls and songs echoing in the background, now there's nothing but the gentle harmonic swaying of plants due to the local breeze all around the Immortal Steel base.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2018, 03:29:35 PM »
By the time they say "4", Hugo has already transmitted his own ID. If nothing else, it should buy him a little time.

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2018, 06:38:49 PM »
"Amaterasu, just visiting."

Offline YuweaCurtis

• My Life For Madoka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2018, 07:41:51 PM »
Carefully bring Seven Swords to the front of the group, Stephanie would open a channel to the other mecha "I'm Stephanie Googanheek, I spoke with your boss before. Would you see if she would speak with us?" She would avoid the other part of her thought, the one wanted to tell them to just try getting physical with her.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2018, 02:02:13 AM »
By the time they say "4", Hugo has already transmitted his own ID. If nothing else, it should buy him a little time.
: “An older ID, but it checks out with code P.O.M. Accepted.”

:"Amaterasu, just visiting."
:”87% match with code A.L.I. Accepted.”

"I'm Stephanie Googanheek, I spoke with your boss before. Would you see if she would speak with us?"
:”73% match with code A.F.U. Accepted. Please wait a moment...”

In a few seconds a new communications channel opens towards those of you who presented forth their IDs:
:”Hugo? Ammy?? Steph??? How is this possible after so much time? And how can you look so young? No, you can’t be real! You must just be clones or some ARKAS trickery! To think they would try to play such a low trick… Get out of my garden at once! I don’t have time for the likes of you!”

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:07:47 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Kuroimaken

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2018, 10:12:08 AM »
"Well that seems to confirm hypothesis one. Either she's future Katherine, or she has enough of Katherine's memories to believe she is.

And now she's a paranoid wreck. That bodes well.

Amaterasu, if anybody's going to get through to her it's you. Take a bow, would you?"

(click to show/hide)

Give me internets. Now.

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2018, 10:29:09 AM »
"Hey, that's rude. Are you saying that I should start ageing just so actual old people feel better? And I thought you'd like my company..." the mercenary said, huffing and folding her arms.

Naturally, the mecha copied her.

(I assume we're in mecha)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2018, 04:20:11 PM »
Catching up, Katherine followed suit on transmitting her I.D. to the mechs.

"Katherine Matyr Yoshka at your service." She half salutes, half waves in greeting.

At Hugo's analysis she puts on a questioning face. "What? Are we walking into a crazy person's house you're saying?"

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2018, 11:25:24 PM »
: "Hey, that's rude. Are you saying that I should start ageing just so actual old people feel better? And I thought you'd like my company..."

:”They infected you with that vírus to exploit a flaw in your design but you actually aged pretty well, Ammy, how could you forget? No, you’re just some copy! But that crossed arms pose, that piloting style, that way of talking, just like I remember it, never shared with anyone... I was so lonely after you were gone, Ammy… So many regrets for the things I didn’t tell you when I had the time… Have you come back just for me? But I can’t be with you now, Ammy. I have an important job to finish. So please just wait a bit longer... ”

(click to show/hide)

: "Katherine Matyr Yoshka at your service."

:”#Arodatam =2 [OVERFLOW ERROR] RESETING SYSTEMS!”

”Y-you know my real name? I haven’t used it for ages! Wait, that mecha, those combat marks… That’s my old Wildraubtier Schnabel! They told me there was nothing left of it! Why do you have my precious things? I won’t have any mercy for any sort of thieves nor pirates!”

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 11:27:40 PM by oslecamo »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2018, 01:35:27 AM »
"Real name? That's my name. Hey! I'm no pirate! Pirate Hunter Yoshka would never stoop to that level of scum!"

Catching herself, she looks over at Hugo. "Ahm, sorry, no offense..."

Katherine opens the cockpit of her mecha and floats out of it in her nanoarmor, a multitude of cables being unplugged as she moved forward.

"Anyways, we're not looking for a fight, just a meeting, face to face, with Arodatam, please."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:38:43 AM by ketaro »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2018, 02:53:24 AM »
:"Anyways, we're not looking for a fight, just a meeting, face to face, with Arodatam, please."

:”… I’m coming out. Don’t try anything funny.”

Another of the hangars opens and a mecha flies out from it towards your position.

The cockpit opens, revealing Arodatam in her own nanoarmor inside, who also floats towards Katherine as the cables that were connecting her to the new mecha unplug one by one.

Arodatam looks at Katherine directly in the eyes. If Katherine does the same, she’ll feel a bit like she’s staring at a mirror despite the body and nanoarmor differences.
:”...Talk then. I’m listening.”

(click to show/hide)

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2018, 03:05:18 AM »
Instinctively, Katherine mirrors Arodatam and likewise returns to her mecha's cockpit, plugging her nanoarmor back in as well.

"Forces of Fog? Oh! One of you mentioned them, right? That was those super pirates I totally destroyed singlehandedly! Or, well, will destroy? Hah, this'll be a cake walk!"