Author Topic: A dark horizon [campaign thread]  (Read 14102 times)

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
A dark horizon [campaign thread]
« on: February 07, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »
The massive hull of the Overlord-class battlecruiser glides slowly toward the the readied docking clamps, guided expertly by the hands of her pilot. Returning from a rather successful venture in the Koronus Expanse. The crew is in high spirits, looking forward to some well deserved shore time on Port Wander.

No sooner are the docking clamps engaged, thrusters powered down and airlocks pressurized, than the officer manning the communication console turns toward captain Aurelia's chair:
Lord-captain, the team at the prow deck 27 airlock reports that deacon Nicomedes Richelius and his retinue have been waiting for your arrival on the other side, and he requests an audience in a matter of great urgency
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:46:40 PM by LordBlades »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
Re: A dark horizon [campaign thread]
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:09:16 PM »
"Tell him I'll be there as soon as I'm able," Aurelia said, making sure that her armour--not the power armour, keeping that on when just sitting around was utterly pointless and a waste of power--was in place, both swords, and the laspistol, "I want Kallias, Buenadventura, and the ork there too."[/size]

The first two... well, the Astropath was hardly a bad thing to have on hand and the Navigator helped with negotiations. The ork? Like hell she was leaving him on her ship with no-one outranking him. She'd probably come back to find the weapons were all pointed the wrong way at best...

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 04:23:15 PM »
Very well lord-captain. I shall contact them at once and tell them to meet you at the airlock. His hands start pushing buttons on the console. In the meantime, should I communicate the all clear for the crew off duty to disembark? Or should we postpone until you have met with the deacon?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 04:30:49 PM »
"Postpone until after the meeting. I don't want to have half the crew on the surface if it turns out we can't stay for one reason or another."

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:47:26 PM »
Understood, lord captain. he nods with your permission I will also instruct the team at the airlock to inform the deacon you wish to welcome him aboard in person

A few moments later the vox units installed all over the ship come to life with the communication officer's voice. The Xeno as well as officers Bueadventura and Kallias please report to prow airlock on deck 27 on captain's orders. The Xeno and officers Buenadventura and Kallias on deck 27 prow airlock please. after a short pause Attention all crew, all shore leaves are put on hold until further notice. I repeat, all shore leaves are on hold until further notice.

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:14:38 PM »
Not so far away from the bridge, in the Navis Tower.

The Transit to Port Wander was of course successfull, but nonetheless, it is a very taxing process for the Navis in charge of opening a safe path through the Maw. Once they arrived in the system, a few days ago, The Patriarch ordered his servants to let him sleep, and to not awake him unless in the case of the direst emergencies.
Thus, the very order of Her Grace the Lady-Captain left the Navis servants in a quandary.
They were a very disturbing lot, indeed. They were brought on board in the Navis retinue, but no one has ever seen what they look like, as for all, men and women, were clad in monk-like black clothe robes, a round mirror melded andriveted crudly to their faces. They were nameless servants, only answering to the moniker of "Nebulous Ones", having shown total fanatical devotion to the Navis, and of course, the same respect to the officers of the Ship.

After a few minutes spent altogether whispering, they spread out, and one of them entered the Navis Room. Trying to move as silently as possible, on the tip of his toes, the faceless servant moved in closer of his Master's bed. There was no light in the bedroom, but still, the servant was able to see.
The Navis looked like he was asleep, lying on his back between the silk sheets. His eyes were closed, and he was breathing softly. On his brow, His Eye was unveiled, a very thin purple glow giving a feint light in the room. Fortunately, the last pair of eyelids were closed, and thus not totally Opened.  A Cassini is never affraid to show His Gift, and the maestria with which he masters his Stare...
At the very moment he was alongside the bed, without opening his normal eyes, Buenadventura spoke, with his echouing, soothing yet rugged barritone.
I see you, Nebulous One. Don't be shy. Step into my sight. What brings you here, despite my orders ?"
At once, the servant jumped on all four on the ground subserviently.
"Her Grace the Lady-Captain want to see you at the prow deck 27 airlock, Honored Patriarch.
The Navis stay silent, the servant shivering in utter terror.
"Do you consider such a demand an emergency, Unfinished ?"
the last word was percieved like a lashes hit by the Nebulous one. Unfinished : one that has not recieved the Gift, who was not as perfect as one of the exalted Masters.
He stammered.
"No, no, I mean yes, yes, er...
He cowered, as the Navis frowned and the glow of his Eye was dangerously brighter.
"The Lady-Captain is His Voice, and Sole Master on this Starship after Him-onTerra. Her demand can not be denied. You should be punished to have not answered correctly at once. Inform Her Grace that I'll attend her meeting. Fetch me my uniform, prepare a bath and a cup of recaff.
The Nebulous , still kneeling, was crawling backward, happy to still be alive and thus able to serve his Master.
"At... at once, Honored Patriarch."
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 10:35:12 PM »
In the bowels of the vessel, in the lower decks

Ozthaka tinkered, like he always did. A crate of small arms was spread out before him, and he idly picked through their innards, looking for just the perfect pieces. A few boxes, of greasy, surplus ammunition littered the floor, and the smell of gunsmoke hung heavy in the air. A Gretchen frantically grabbed guns at his master's command, trying anything to stay out of the way of the occasional slugga shot. His latest device appeared to be 4 autoguns welded together, all drawing from the same ammo supply.

"Dat's not shooty enuff, dat's what dat is. Not big enuff too!" he bellowed, as he swatted the gretchin with the sparky flat of his choppa.

A moment later, a rattling sound came from a tube on the side of the wall, and a small vox caster dropped out, and began to speak:...Xeno as well as officers Bueadventura and Kallias please report to prow airlock on deck 27 on captain's orders. The Xeno and officers Buenadventura and Kallias on...

With a grunt, he got up and removed his piece from the cabnet he kept it in. A beautiful example of the Mekboy's art. Two sluggas placed in an over/under layout, joined to a finely honed grip made of ferrocrete. Belts of ammunition trailed from both sides of the gun, wrapping around the elongated barrel made from the finest of chimera exhaust pipes.The shells were simple, a ball bearing propelled by a goodly shot of promethium, but he always enjoyed the classics. Sharp, curving blades cut from some spare metal made it a surprisingly effective blade as well. He slid it carefully into his waist holster, stuck a few spare belts of ammunition in his pockets, grabbed a few spare Stikkbombz,  pressed a grimy autopistol into the hands of his Gretchen, and made his way to meet Da Boss.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:42:17 PM by Wrex »

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »
Even though he had been in his quarters for the last couple hours, Kallias was not resting. He used that free time to reasure himself on his faith. Both his knees were on the cold, hard floor. His hands up in the air. And his empty eye sockets facing up like he was looking at something over his head. His mouth moved fast, but no sound went past his lips. But his demonstration of pure devotion is interrupted by a blinking, red sign in his neural interface.

Kallias sighed.

Yes?
Sir. Her grace, Lady Captain Aurelia, summons you to the prow deck 27 airlock. It's urgent.
I'm on my way. Kallias abruptelly ended the connection. He stood up, put on his robes, and left. <And I though I'd finally put my prayers up to date. You're such a fool, Kallias!>, he thought.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 04:05:15 AM »
Eventually you all gather up in front of the deck 27 airlock. Through the opened blast doors and the connecting tube you see part of a dimly lit room, and a group of about 5 men men whose details you can't really distinguish from here waiting.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 07:08:35 AM »
Kallias greets everyone respectfully. Then he stands a step back and a step left from the captain's position ready for any requests. If she moves, he'll move. If she waits, he'll wait. Always one step back and one to the left of her.
Sneaky_Sable: "Keep the Omega Whatever, I'll take that Dagger. Nice to meet you *sneak attack* I hope everything's alright *sneak attack* how's your liver been *sneak attack*..."

Offline Scout89

• I'm old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 07:56:15 AM »
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:58:59 AM by Scout89 »

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 08:09:49 AM »
Aurelia lead the way across, hand on the hilt of her chainsword. This might be an ambush. Though maybe letting the Ork lead would be better for that...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Wrex

• Large and In Charge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 11:29:42 PM »
Orzthaka moves to follow, awaiting orders from Da Boss. He idly prods the gretchen to ensure it's following.

(click to show/hide)

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 03:32:07 AM »
As you are walking across, yous tart making out the details of the group of men waiting for you on the other side. Two of them look like regular, run-of-the-mill armsmen, largely unremarkable, save for their gear which consists of brand-new hellguns and carapace armor largely covered in purity seals and litanies. The third is wearing simple robes with the markings of the Ecclesiarchy, and his visible cerebral implants as well as the multitude of data slates and writing tools he's carrying clearly mark him as an Adept or scribe of sorts. Until you look closer at the 4th man, you're not entirely sure whether he's a tall human or a short space marine. Extremely well built and muscular, his face bears the scars of many battles, and his sleeveless shirt clearly lets you see one of his arms is entirely mechanical, ending in a power fist. His eyes seem to be continuously scanning the surroundings and he looks ready for anything.

The last man, a middle aged human who is without doubt the deacon your crew told you about judging by his richly adorned robes and the air of authority he effortlessly displays, takes a few steps forward and greets you.
Well met, captain and welcome to Port Wander you notice as he gives quick inquisitive glances to your companions, and tries his best to hide his grimace of disgust when he looks at the Ork I apologize for barging in like this, but I come to you with a plea for help in a dire matter that I'm sure a fellow man of faith like you would understand. Is there any place more private where we can talk?

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »
"On a ship of this size? Certainly. I hope you don't mind a little walk...?" Aurelia answered, thinking of the closest place on the ship she could consider 'more private'--that is, not a major thoroughfare or somehow essential to the operation of the ship itself. It was, however, about five minutes' walk from their current point.

Could be worse, though; it wasn't as if there weren't other ways on that were even further away from somewhere private.

(click to show/hide)

Offline LordBlades

• Honorary Mod
  • I'm new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 03:58:33 AM »
Very well the Deacon nods After you then, captain.
After you get to a more private room,Nicomedes Richelius pauses for a few seconds to draw his breath, then starts I'll get right to the point if you don't mind, since time is of the essence. Are you familiar with the world of Damaris?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Raineh Daze

• Epic Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 07:24:43 AM »
Common Law (Astromancy--50 1d100 : 98, total 98

Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)--50 1d100 : 15, total 15

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »
Common Lore (Machine Cult) ... if it's a mechanicum world
Rolled 1d100 : 74, total 74 vs 63

...failed

Scholastic Lore (Cryptology)... if it's a obscure reference of some sort
Rolled 1d100 : 2, total 2 vs 63 ... 7 degrees of success XD

Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) ... if it's some forgotten colony or of technological import
Rolled 1d100 : 78, total 78 vs 63 ..failed

Forbidden Lore ( Adeptus Mechanicus) if it's a mechanicum world
Rolled 1d100 : 38, total 38 vs 63 ...3 degrees of success

Forbidden Lore (Xenos)... if it's a xenos world
Rolled 1d100 : 18, total 18 vs 63 .... 5 degrees of success

Common Lore (Rogue Traders) ... if it's a planet visited by rogue traders or an important trade route
Rolled 1d100 : 18, total 18 vs 63 ... 5 degrees of success

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:12:10 AM by Xerael »
There is no sanity just different degree of madnes

Offline Xerael

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 11:10:38 AM »
OOC: wow .. tried to add the degrees of success and instantly it says that i tampered with it .... removed the warning crap .. if this is the case then i might roll on invisible castle
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:12:54 AM by Xerael »
There is no sanity just different degree of madnes

Offline Harald

• wielding a 30 Tons Tank as an improvised flail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 01:24:48 PM »
(click to show/hide)
"-Lady-Captain, we detect 20 hostile vessels against us,  and Erasmus Haarlock's Spear of Destiny ! What are your orders ?
-RAMMING SPEED !

final result : 6 slaughts vessels, 4 imperial frigates, 2 imperial cruisers destroyed. Haarlock sent into the warp. 0 losses. Flawless Victory.