Author Topic: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)  (Read 215650 times)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
Re: Poke-Center (OOC Discussion)
« Reply #840 on: January 24, 2015, 10:07:34 AM »
It's entirely possible that the shade duplicates are still considered "Prone" and thus unable to make Attacks of Opportunity.

Though, this shade seems to be playing by a higher set of morals, and hitting someone from behind seems like something he wouldn't instinctively do.
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #841 on: January 26, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »
It's entirely possible that the shade duplicates are still considered "Prone" and thus unable to make Attacks of Opportunity.

Though, this shade seems to be playing by a higher set of morals, and hitting someone from behind seems like something he wouldn't instinctively do.

Rolled 1d20 : 1, total 1
Rolled 1d8 : 1, total 1

Rolled 1d20 : 7, total 7
Rolled 1d8 : 3, total 3

Rolled 1d20 : 6, total 6
Rolled 1d8 : 2, total 2

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 26, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »
You're right I haven't I totally meant to and thought up a post last night but that was after I'd already gone to bed  :lmao

I'll get to it when I get home tonight.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 26, 2015, 02:53:52 PM »
Feat taken.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 31, 2015, 04:33:06 PM »
Wow. Nice power up for the red orb!
Extra feat seems like a no-brainer to me; I'll have Pha get the Feat.

I updated the character sheet it is linked to. It is a different sheet so I can swap around if needs be.
The major changes is that now I'm having her more in line with my vision of a Fairy Queen and swapped the Frostwind levels for Yuki-On-Na, God levels (with her portfolio being all things "Fey") and Monster of Legend. I thought I'd get rid of the staring lockdowns to have her get leadership for fairy followers to go all queen on. Her cohort is an intelligent item.

I plan to eventually get more god levels as she recovers the powers of her previous incarnations. Maybe turn the Fairy Fountains into buildings associated to her and turn one of them into her godly realm. Ideally the one she was reborn into that's frozen solid.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #845 on: March 01, 2015, 11:15:48 PM »
I will most likely also take the feat. Though, the ultimate question becomes which feat...
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 23, 2015, 12:54:26 PM »
I updated the character sheet it is linked to. It is a different sheet so I can swap around if needs be.
The major changes is that now I'm having her more in line with my vision of a Fairy Queen and swapped the Frostwind levels for Yuki-On-Na, God levels (with her portfolio being all things "Fey") and Monster of Legend. I thought I'd get rid of the staring lockdowns to have her get leadership for fairy followers to go all queen on. Her cohort is an intelligent item.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Anyway, cheesing asides, there's the bug of having Mystic Cold Wind chosen twice for Gifted for War.

EDIT: I also got around to finally nerfing Cold Seriousness by imposing a bigger penalty to ignore fear immunity, as skill checks are a lot easier to buff than regular DCs.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:59:33 PM by oslecamo »

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 23, 2015, 05:10:57 PM »
Well I just failed both saves and I'm almost unconscious.  What to do, what to do.

Also, yay updates!

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 24, 2015, 12:24:22 AM »
I failed both saves and am at 1 hp, even if technically nonlethal. AWESOME :D

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #849 on: April 24, 2015, 08:47:16 AM »
I will most likely also take the feat. Though, the ultimate question becomes which feat...

Since it kinda makes sense, and I can't really think of any other feat to take, Oslecamo I'd like to take PHAZON INITIATE from the Metroid as Incarnum list. I'll copy it here and will provide a link to the feat list:

Phazon Initiate [Phazon]
Prerequisites: Con 13 and any non-good alignment.
Benefits: You gain Phazon resistance 2 and DR 2/magic. You gain a +2 bonus on saves against effects that would make you sickened. You take a -1 penalty on all Will saves. You may activate modules and qualify for feats as though you had the Phazon subtype.
Normal: Most modules with the Phazon descriptor cannot be activated by characters without the Phazon subtype.

The orb's magic, attempting to improve and 'complete' him, awoke the Phazon nodes within him to prepare him for the trials to come.
Link to my homebrews

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 24, 2015, 09:00:26 AM »
Phazon feat sounds good. Also seems like PoC has some phazon templates for baddies, interesting... :plotting

Anomander: Morning Mist failed to prevent the attack.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #851 on: April 24, 2015, 09:21:46 AM »
Phazon feat sounds good. Also seems like PoC has some phazon templates for baddies, interesting... :plotting

Would you rather I used PoC feats and modules from here out, seeing as it seems MaI has been politely but sternly asked to leave Garryl's focus?
Link to my homebrews

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 24, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »
Hmm, I forgot of that project division as they're both on the same subforum, but  MaI also seems to have similar Phazon templates for baddies, so I'm fine with either really. If you've been using MaI so far, we should probably stick with that, unless you would like to start using PoC now.

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #853 on: April 24, 2015, 10:29:56 AM »
As it seems that MaI is being phased out for PoC, and PoC has a few topics devoted to PoC: Metroid, it may be better in the long run to make the conversion to PoC.

The next time Rabbit gains a level, I'll sit and do a full conversion from MaI to PoC. Since the closest parallel to Pirate Warrior on the PoC: Metroid list would be a Cyberneticist, I'll rebuild as that. No point in switching over everything mid-level, or even mid-fight.
Link to my homebrews

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 24, 2015, 01:03:19 PM »
Quote from: O

Considering concealment miss chance is meant to be rolled by the defender (I'm cool with you rolling it since it saves time), Pha uses one of her 3 daily rerolls to reroll it (Luck domain power). The reroll failed but I although she can use it another two time and it isn't mentioned, I do not believe it would be possible to reroll the same roll more than once.
The hero also has to succeed on a DC 21 Will save or suffer a -8 luck penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks for 6 mins by virtue of the Power of Luck.

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: April 24, 2015, 02:38:53 PM »
If concealment is supposed to be rolled by the defender, why do blind-fight and murky-eyed mention the attacker doing it?

Also, the monster classes FAQ does mentions re-rolls can only be used once per event.

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: April 24, 2015, 08:29:52 PM »
Quote from: SRD
Concealment Miss Chance
Concealment gives the subject of a successful attack a 20% chance that the attacker missed because of the concealment. If the attacker hits, the defender must make a miss chance percentile roll to avoid being struck. Multiple concealment conditions do not stack.

Blind Fight's wording implies that the attacker can reroll the miss change if he misses. Adding both rules together, it means that the defender rolls the miss change and, if there is a miss, the attacker can reroll the result.

Will save (also the penalty for Power of Luck is only supposed to be half your Cha mod
Correct. I saw it applied for the bonus and didn't notice it was different for the penalty. Sorry for the confusion.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:34:15 PM by Anomander »

Offline ketaro

• Epic Member
  • I'm always new!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: April 26, 2015, 09:23:29 AM »
:o

Oh yeah, them orbs granted stuff? I gets a feat, yes? :D

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 27, 2015, 04:04:14 PM »
Hmmm, two characters out, Jeremy blindly patching himself, seems like Pha's the last hope of the party.

:o

Oh yeah, them orbs granted stuff? I gets a feat, yes? :D

Correct, sorry I forgot to mention that for your character (everybody going for the feat? Damn, gotta better plan multi-choice rewards next time :P)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #859 on: April 27, 2015, 04:11:35 PM »
Correct, sorry I forgot to mention that for your character (everybody going for the feat? Damn, gotta better plan multi-choice rewards next time :P)

Good luck offering a better reward then a Feat (without regretting it later). As long as you're using a 3.5 architecture, any non-fighter build is going to jump at the chance for a feat. Hell, even the fighter might jump at a feat.

Unless someone builds the Tomb Fighter, or whatever it is, who gets a bonus feat every time they take a feat.
Link to my homebrews