Author Topic: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening  (Read 164563 times)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
  • The devil so nice, they damned him thrice.
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter I: Legend of Griselda-Pirates Awakening
« Reply #420 on: May 11, 2013, 03:15:05 PM »
Kong disliked the tricky little bastards. To put the key to awakening them on the floor was low, no pun intended. And though they fought with many interesting effects, they fought uninterestingly. So the best thing he could think to do was what he did; he pulled out that new sword he was so interested in, and smacked the skull with it. Not too hard, but with as much control as he could muster on the new and awkward weapon. To compensate, he used his new belt....

(click to show/hide)
I'm here and ready to keep confusing the hell out of everyone I meet.

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
  • PM me what you're giving Kudos for please.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 15, 2013, 11:57:32 AM »
Kurt shakes off the effects of the attacks, but is still hurt a little more.

"Mr. Rabbit, We should take care of this baddie, then us and Zax can work our way to Jeremy, then to Pha! Heroes help others, especially each other!"

And with that, Kurt sidesteps a little bit, yet another dancing spin, as he inhales. Then lets out a massive wind, but this time it is pushed through pursed lips, forcing the wind to a point that jets through two of the "bubbles" like a spear-head.

(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #422 on: May 16, 2013, 10:38:50 AM »
Rabbit gave a nod in agreement, a sound strategy if there was one.

"Agreed. Hex64, target designate and fire." as Rabbit adjusted the personal energy matrix of his suit to give Hex64 a bit more of a kick.

Authorized reallocation of personal energy stores:

Module x89 ---> Module R86 : Transfer of one energy unit

Rezbit Control Module Version IV - 3 Units Allocated (Establishing Function Link: Shock Emitter)
Chozo Inspired X-Ray Module Version I (Beta) - 2 Units Allocated (Established Function Link: Trap / Snare database connection. Gamma Ray Imaging enhancement (Estimated Factor 10)

Rabbit went for the slash with his starmetal battle scythe, while the construct of living data opted for a simple shock blast.

Rabbit does not giggle at the Ghosties
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 17, 2013, 12:29:39 PM »
Pha quickly considers her situation. She was trapped and Kong too close to use her usual tricks. She had to get out and perhaps she could try to slip under the skulls but it was risky.
There was also the possibility of trying to freeze them in fear but even then she wasn't sure their mere presence wouldn't endanger her passage.
And she wanted to weaken them. At least a little.
Fortunately, she could do all that.

She froze the ground, raising a pillar under one of the already weakened skull to send it crashing against the ceiling and another under herself to raise her altitude above the reach of the other skull, then flew off to get closer to her allies.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:29:55 PM by Anomander »

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
  • Creating monsters for my Realm of Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Oslecamo's Custom Library (my homebrew)
« Reply #424 on: May 27, 2013, 06:26:48 PM »
Ivysaur manages to whip a Green Bubble right away, but then the flaming skull quickly flies out of the way of the rest of the attacks.

Jeremy feels the heat from the emerald fire over him intensifying, making him feel not too healthy. Then the Green Bubble floats over him and unleashes a new gout of flame over the plant pokemon! Kurt can feel his companion suffers considerably more pain than he himself experienced from the same fire.

Kong's opponent proves too nimble for his untrained sword swing, and he too feels the close green fire start saping his health. The Green Bubble unleashes another blast of the sickening fire over the ape warrior.

On the other corner, Kurt's wind spear pierces right trough the Green Bubbles in his path, almost extinguishing their flames!

Rabbit follows up cleaving the exposed skull in two. For a moment it seems like one of the halves somehow manages to hold itself in midair with some last flickers of emerald flame around it.  Then it is eletrocuted by Rezbit and it falls on the ground, shattering!

But before you can congratulate yourselves, skeletal hands burst from the grass, and with them small skeletons dig their way out of the ground!

(click to show/hide)

Pha seeks a better position and rises twin ice pillars to both attempt to crush Green Bubble against the ceiling and another to lift herself up. The flying skull manages to get out of the way in the last second, aparently more out of luck than anything else, but at least the ice fairy manages to get away from the green fire before it starts burning her too badly, joining up with Kurt and Rabbit.

The two Green Bubbles are hot in her pursuit tough, but then they attack Kurt and Rabbit! The one still under Pha's curse ends up just burning the floor, but the other manages to bath Kurt once more with the sickening flame. This time it hurts a lot more!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 31, 2013, 01:00:47 AM »
(click to show/hide)

As the damage soaked in and the blade bit air, Kong could feel his mind slipping. Not out of consciousness. Not yet. Rather he felt himself slipping into that combat awareness and violent bliss he'd always felt when fighting. He'd missed it, being so badly hurt in an instant with the pirates. But here, he could feel the blows one at a time sink into him. It made his muscles slow, and his blows fell heavy again, but it excited him.

The fire started to make him feel poorly though...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 11, 2013, 02:58:55 AM »
Pha twirls over Rabbit as she channeled her feyheart's frost outward. Seeing her pursuers keeping their distance close and personal, she realizes that she would soon run out of places to run off to.
Feeling cornered, she bursts off everything she has, hopping it would make the difference and buy the group more time and space to organize and better take on the new foes and the horrible burning menaces.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 14, 2013, 06:24:24 PM »
Jeremy whimpers, not wanting to throw anything and give the green orb another chance to blast him as he wishes he could help his friends.

In the mean time, Ivysaur furiously assaults the orb to protect his friend.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sneaky_Sable

• Legendary Member
  • Watching Ponies
    • View Profile
    • DOUBLE EXPOSURE
« Reply #428 on: June 21, 2013, 04:44:47 PM »
Ambush after ambush, encounter after encounter. Rabbit began to wonder if setting this place ablaze wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Unable to establish connection to orbital Perdition Class Bombardment Array

Oh, yes. That.

"Withdraw! Force them to come to us through the narrow most point." the Space Pirate called to the others, motioning to the door behind Zax. He prepares his blade but stays his hand for but a heartbeat. Every floating skull dropped produced a skeletal creature. Were they connected? Was destroying them affecting this battle? Were there more?

Rabbit had precious little time to ponder the meaning of their unlife. With that, he took a swipe at the nearby skull ablaze to cover Pha's motion, and instructed Hex64 to assist with the conflict, though amid all the confusion and chaos, Rabbit was more worried about hitting his friends then actually hitting his enemies. The other Space Pirates would never let him live that lapse of ruthlessness down.

Though, Hex64 was sentient data. Surely he accounted for the enemy movements right? ... Right?
Link to my homebrews

(Offsite server may be unstable. Report broken / unresponsive link with Post Upvote button)

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 22, 2013, 02:26:31 PM »
"OW!, HOT!"
Kurt exclaims as the bale-fire scalds him.

Then, hearing Rabbit, and seeing his beginning assault on those nearest the door, Kurt decides to aid that effort.

Blasting his breath outward towards the same enemies that Rabbit and his Bit attack, Kurt momentarily once again begins to lose altitude. Quickly realigning to face the wall, and the switch that he'd stood on, he once again uses the force of his breathing to manage movement, now ending up over the switch, and next to Pha and Rabbit.

(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 29, 2013, 10:43:08 AM »
Kong, Rabbit and Ivysaur lash back at the nearby enemies, but only the pokemon manages to whip twice the green buble next to it, dislocating its jaw, but not finishing it off.

Pha unleashes her cold fury, fully freezing two of the flying skulls on the path of her attack and reducing two stalchilds to white dust!

As the icy remains of the green bubbles fall and shatter on the floor, more dirt-covered claws emerge from the ground, new stalchilds filling the room.

Kurt's air blast weakens one of the previous stalchilds, and Rabbit's Rezbit finishes it off.

Of the two remaining green bubbles, one pulls away from Kurt and flies next to Pha, vomiting more emerald flame over her, altough its own fire is now but a flicker of what it was at the start of the battle.

The other green bubble keeps engaging Ivysaur, but has trouble aiming with is dislocated jaw and ends up just parching the wall.

The stalchilds then advance towards you with irregular steps, attempting to swipe with their claws when they get close enough. Kong finds himself facing three of them by himself, and altough for a moment it seems he's able to keep all three at bay, suddenly one of them presses its left arm against the ape warrior's axe blade, shattering its own hand but managing to make a nasty scratch with the leftover broken bones! Kong can feel the wound starting to numb down, the old dirt left on it clearly not very healthy.

Similarly against Ivysaur another stalchild doesn't hesitate to sacrifice one of its arms to press an opening on the pokemon's flank trough its defending whips, scoring another infected wound. Jeremy himself is hurt by another Stalchild, altough this one doesn't prove nearly as relentless on its assault, perhaps because the young trainer is just standing on the corner trying to evade hits.

One stalchild manages to slash Kurt from below, but none manage to  lay their filthy hands on Pha or Rabbit, unable to find an opening neither trough armor nor faery protective charms.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:15:54 PM by oslecamo »

Offline ariasderros

• Epic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 29, 2013, 12:14:09 PM »
Kurt can't help but think on his situation.

They keep hurting me. That scratch feels tingly. They've blocked most of the path towards the door. They've lined themselves up. I am in danger, but the baddies are where I want them. I will have my dance of victory.

And so, Kurt once again lays out a line of blasting air. Ignoring those that intend him harm, in favor of striking out against the greater numbers, to say nothing of securing his allies before himself. Inhaling to replenish his buoyancy as well as using the force to elevate himself.

(click to show/hide)
My new Sig
Hi, Welcome

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 29, 2013, 12:38:50 PM »
Jeremy wails as he gets hit, barely hanging on to consciousness as Ivysaur lashes out in desperation.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 05, 2013, 09:14:49 AM »
Still feeling the pressure, and her own reserve of cold energy running dangerously low, she watched as the green flame brightens again. As the flames ooze out of its mouth, she panics and... just... does something instinctively to protect herself, using her last reserves of cold to preserve her body.
Amazingly enough, it diminished the the flames as they gushed over her and might allow her to endure through its punishment for a moment.
She'd have to try and remember how she did that.
Not wasting time, she lashed at her enemy with what she had left, trying to kill the flame by overwhelming it with the ice channeled by her very existence, and try to invigorate herself as it spread the promise of death unto other entities.

The stalchilds were to be ignored, though. She wouldn't press her luck and give them freedom to easily reach out to her, so she ascended a little higher while she cold. She'd build up enough cold to take care of them soon enough.

(click to show/hide)

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2013, 05:51:31 AM »
Kurt, Kong, Rabbit and Hex64 hack and blast at the surrounding stalchilds, returning them to dust one after the other.

Ivysaur lashes out with his tentacles, slamming one of the remaining Green Bubble away from his trainer and against the room wall, shattering it in flaming pieces. Four more stalchilds raise themselves from the ground, slowly advancing to take the place of their fallen comrades.

Then Pha gets close and personal with the last Green Bubble. For a moment, it seems like the emerald fire will engulf the ice faerie, but then the opposite happens-the flames around the skull are quickly replaced by blue ice, fully enveloping the monster, and it falls to the ground, shattering in a cloud of crystals!

No more stalchilds raise this time. Instead, the red lights on the eyes of the remaining ones disapear, and they dissolve in dust by themselve. Eerie sounds fills the room once more.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 05:54:02 AM by oslecamo »

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2013, 09:50:06 AM »
"...ugh... Well done guys."

They had just got into the place and were getting smacked down at every step. Despite their victories, she started to doubt they'd make it.
Pha dragged herself to the chest, tried to push its cover off while hoping it wouldn't explode at her face.

Offline Nanshork

• Homebrew Reviewer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
Jeremy takes a deep breath and then pats Ivysaur on the head.  "Thank you Ivysaur, you saved me.  I just wish I could have helped out my friends..."  He then looks at the chest and brightens up a little bit.  "I bet that whatever is in there is awesome if it had guardians like this!"

Offline oslecamo

• Honorary Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 25, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »
Pha is bathed by light as she opens the chest.

Inside, lays a wrapped up scroll and five rings covered in minuscle metallic runes. One scarlet with a tiny demonic face, one emerald with a tiny winged sandal, one saphire with a tiny sculpted wave, one onyx with a small shield, one golden with a thunder.

Unfurled, the scroll shows to be some kind of map of some kind of building with a bunch of symbols, altough it's missing any kind of legend.
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anomander

• Legendary Member
  • I did it to feel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 25, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »
Pha glances at the map, mesmerized. "Cool. Now this should prove useful once we recover from the fight."

Something about the apparent pool of water in the room below excited her. Its design reminded her of the faery fountains.
"The room below sounds like the best place to go next, along with the one at the top right."

As to what came of the spoils, she grinned at the realization that there were no rupees to be found.
"That onyx ring sounds nice to me. The others... don't fit my style."

Offline Flay Crimsonwind

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 25, 2013, 07:58:09 PM »
"Red is fine, blue is fine..." Kong admired the rings, a fine distraction from the fresh hurt he was feeling. However, he didn't like just reaching in and grabbing something before the others had a chance to look, so he just peered over the rest of them, observing the map and the large circle in the dead center of the page. Something about that seemed both ominous and promising. "Green room should be last..."